Justin Thomas of WOS ruled ineligible

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tvc184" post="1046053" timestamp="1314895330"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=87395.msg1046050#msg1046050 date=1314895246]
I can't beleive there is 9 pages on this.I think for one I'm moving on.
[/quote]

But after 9 pages, you made sure to get in your post.  :D
[/quote]
;)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1046015" timestamp="1314892896"]

Chapter 39 of the Texas Education Code:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/ed/htm/ed.39.htm

I don't think a date of birth has to do with public school system accountability, either.
[/quote]

The section you cited has to do with assessment of academic skills. The only Class C listed in for disclosing assessment information.

And I noticed that you went away from 37.10 Tampering With A Government Record.  ;)

...and I don't have a dog in the hunt and don't care. [IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/Smileys/sHa_thumb2.gif[/img]

I just think that by law, it could be a felony, according to what was done. Is it worth investigating? That is up to the people that do have that dog out hunting.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1046063" timestamp="1314895914"]
9 pages of Mustang fans wanting people to just shut up and hope this goes away and 9 pages of everyone else thinking they cant believe its not a bigger deal.  This could never end!  LOL
[/quote]

Time for a lock or removal?

On the other hand, it has helped the page views. With almost 4,000 views, this is the best topic in a while. [IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/Smileys/grin.gif[/img]

I think it just needs to be let go.  I see it one of two ways.  First like I said earlier it was either the student and parents pulling a scam or the old regime and either way they are all gone so let it go.  Second, it is not and there is more too it and maybe some of the current program is involved and if so, still let it go because it is going to catch up one day and they will be devestated and have to give up everything they done.  I do not see or hear of one single WOS fan or tax payer asking for anything further to be done.  So if they are happy then let it go.  Either they are satisified it was an isolated deal or they dont care if the current admin is willing to chance it all.  Either way its their decision and everyone else needs to mind their own business!!

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1046111" timestamp="1314898804"]
I could not disagree more----if laws were broken then someone has to answer for it-just saying "oh well" doesn't cut it. If that is the new normal than heck lets just all become cheaters!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I do not know about this "cheating" thing. According to the UIL, nothing illegal was done. No ineligible player played a down this year or last year for WOS.

As for the blacked out documents, I still put more of the emphasis on the parents and player in this situation. Even if the past administration overlooked this in some sort of fashion (carelessness would be my guess, not cheating) the player was still eligible last season.

Coach Thompson did exactly what he was suppose to do when he FIRST LEARNED OF IT!! The player will not play this season.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1046111" timestamp="1314898804"]
I could not disagree more----if laws were broken then someone has to answer for it-just saying "oh well" doesn't cut it. If that is the new normal than heck lets just all become cheaters!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
No law was broke.

The kid just didnt know how old he was.  "Man, I told you, I dont know how many candles were on my cake last year!"  :o

Mom didnt know either.  "Shoooooot I dont know when I had him!"  :o

"Ya'll need to stop bothering us.  Go ask my high school coach.  He will know what year I had him."

I am sorry Grad......One last time.  I am done.  Bottom line no one got hurt on this one.  Move on.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1046125" timestamp="1314899799"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=87395.msg1046111#msg1046111 date=1314898804]
[/quote]

I do not know about this "cheating" thing. According to the UIL, nothing illegal was done. No ineligible player played a down this year or last year for WOS.

As for the blacked out documents, I still put more of the emphasis on the parents and player in this situation. Even if the past administration overlooked this in some sort of fashion (carelessness would be my guess, not cheating) the player was still eligible last season.

Coach Thompson did exactly what he was suppose to do when he FIRST LEARNED OF IT!! The player will not play this season.
[/quote]Coach Thompson did the right thing----but IF someone falsified documents then at the very least it has to be investigated..at the very least

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1046080" timestamp="1314896716"]
Either way its their decision and everyone else needs to mind their own business!!
[/quote]

You have hit the nail on the head... It wasn't a district employee that falsified the doc... The doc has been in the district for a looooong time... When it came time to be relevant, it was questioned and the right thing was done...

Some of you are horrible at reading between the lines...

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1046148" timestamp="1314901619"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=87395.msg1046080#msg1046080 date=1314896716]
Either way its their decision and everyone else needs to mind their own business!!
[/quote]

You have hit the nail on the head... It wasn't a district employee that falsified the doc... The doc has been in the district for a looooong time... When it came time to be relevant, it was questioned and the right thing was done...

[/quote]I never have liked reading between the lines just say it like it is. If no district employee falsified the document then the district is off the hook but who DID falsify the document?? mom, dad?? someone did an incompetent, unethical, or illegal act----the first two don't bother me but the last one does

[quote name="hipster" post="1046160" timestamp="1314903209"]
Gas did you mean this has been blacked out since he reentered the six grade or did it happen over the summer?
[/quote]

I will say that it was legible enough to know it was either/or for the year. And, "black out" is not an accurate description. They knew when it needed to be addressed and it was. There was no wrong doing by anyone from the district, past or present. They were on top of it and they handled it, plain and simple. All of you folks wanting an investigation need to go see the DA. There is NOTHING for WOCCISD to investigate.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1046175" timestamp="1314904080"]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=87395.msg1046160#msg1046160 date=1314903209]
Gas did you mean this has been blacked out since he reentered the six grade or did it happen over the summer?
[/quote]

I will say that it was legible enough to know it was either/or for the year. And, "black out" is not an accurate description. They knew when it needed to be addressed and it was. There was no wrong doing by anyone from the district, past or present. They were on top of it and they handled it, plain and simple. All of you folks wanting an investigation need to go see the DA. There is NOTHING for WOCCISD to investigate.
[/quote]

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "they knew when it needed to be addressed"? I was understood that Cornell only found out about it last week. If you say "they knew", well shouldn't this been addressed even before two-a-days?

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1046175" timestamp="1314904080"]
[/quote]

I will say that it was legible enough to know it was either/or for the year. And, "black out" is not an accurate description. They knew when it needed to be addressed and it was. There was no wrong doing by anyone from the district, past or present. They were on top of it and they handled it, plain and simple. All of you folks wanting an investigation need to go see the DA. There is [b]NOTHING for WOCCISD to investigate[/b].
[/quote]

I don't think the comments on here are suggesting any investigation be done by WOCCISD...

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1046172" timestamp="1314903991"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=87395.msg1046148#msg1046148 date=1314901619]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=87395.msg1046080#msg1046080 date=1314896716]
[/quote]

[/quote]I never have liked reading between the lines just say it like it is. If no district employee falsified the document then the district is off the hook but who DID falsify the document?? mom, dad?? someone did an incompetent, unethical, or illegal act----the first two don't bother me but the last one does
[/quote]

The world is full of those kinds of acts everyday. I suggest you go on an unethical act crusade... LOL  ;D

It gets to a point, like Ryker said, where somethings are just not our business. As long as the school did nothing wrong, then you should probably just drop it, or conduct your own investigation. ;)

[quote name="rollinac" post="1046177" timestamp="1314904349"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=87395.msg1046175#msg1046175 date=1314904080]
[/quote]

I will say that it was legible enough to know it was either/or for the year. And, "black out" is not an accurate description. They knew when it needed to be addressed and it was. There was no wrong doing by anyone from the district, past or present. They were on top of it and they handled it, plain and simple. All of you folks wanting an investigation need to go see the DA. There is [b]NOTHING for WOCCISD to investigate[/b].
[/quote]

I don't think the comments on here are suggesting any investigation be done by WOCCISD...
[/quote]

I will say that is true with your comments.  However, there appear to be some here who want a Watergate style inquiry done.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1046176" timestamp="1314904344"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "they knew when it needed to be addressed"? I was understood that Cornell only found out about it last week. If you say "they knew", well shouldn't this been addressed even before two-a-days?
[/quote]

The people that watch that stuff, I don't know what you call them. They brought it to his (Cornels) attention. School is not in during two-a-days, is it? Again, what differnce does it make, AAW?

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1046186" timestamp="1314904924"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87395.msg1046176#msg1046176 date=1314904344]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The people that watch that stuff, I don't know what you call them. They brought it to his (Cornels) attention. School is not in during two-a-days, is it? Again, what differnce does it make, AAW?
[/quote]

I just didn't understand what you were stating with the "they knew" comment. Now I understand. But, I would think whoever found this would not hesitate to tell Cornell so that he could address this as quickly as possible. Can't imagine "they" would wait till the week of the regular season to "spring" this on Coach Thompson.

BTW, school staff are at work during two-a-days, just not students.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1046193" timestamp="1314905234"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=87395.msg1046186#msg1046186 date=1314904924]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87395.msg1046176#msg1046176 date=1314904344]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just didn't understand what you were stating with the "they knew" comment. Now I understand. But, I would think whoever found this would not hesitate to tell Cornell so that he could address this as quickly as possible. Can't imagine "they" would wait till the week of the regular season to "spring" this on Coach Thompson.

BTW, school staff are at work during two-a-days, just not students.
[/quote]

Most of us can read between the lines and see that you are just getting your shots in at WOS as you always do. Subtle yet continuous.