Silsbee vs Cleveland Predictions

CATS80

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CATS80" post="1043569" timestamp="1314576696"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=87315.msg1043567#msg1043567 date=1314576434]
Cleveland all the way! Too much talent for Silsbee to handle.

Cleveland-51 8)
Silsbee-13
[/quote]  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I  have not seen Silsbee this year, so anything I say would be guessing. I have seen Cleveland and Ican tell you this, we are young on defense, mostly sophomores, but don't let that fool you. offense looked pretty good this week against CC. We have a group of young men that are working hard together like they should. Nothing will be a blow out or easy. I'm just saying it's going to be a good game. Don't compair last year, when Silsbee still didn't blow out a team that sucked. we had reed that already knew he was going to UT and didn't want to get hurt, so his playing was light, the Ross twins, i'm not even sure what your talking about. One of them was on the side line the entire season with a broken leg and the other, well i guess he couldn't do much with a team that sucked. lol anyway get ready for a good game. Roll Tribe............

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1043701" timestamp="1314589481"]
I  have not seen Silsbee this year, so anything I say would be guessing. I have seen Cleveland and Ican tell you this, we are young on defense, mostly sophomores, but don't let that fool you. offense looked pretty good this week against CC. We have a group of young men that are working hard together like they should. Nothing will be a blow out or easy. I'm just saying it's going to be a good game. Don't compair last year, when Silsbee still didn't blow out a team that sucked. we had reed that already knew he was going to UT and didn't want to get hurt, so his playing was light, the Ross twins, i'm not even sure what your talking about. One of them was on the side line the entire season with a broken leg and the other, well i guess he couldn't do much with a team that sucked. lol anyway get ready for a good game. Roll Tribe............
[/quote]
good excuse. ive never heard of anyone playing worse on purpose once they have a scholorship. That makes alot of sense.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1043845" timestamp="1314627070"]
Silsbee has had trouble with field goals and extra points for the past 3 or 4 seasons.
[/quote]

Matt Deaver was the last real kicker that Silsbee had - as a matter of fact he was an All-District kicker in his only year of football.  Matt is a Junior at SMU this year.  Doing the math, this is the 3rd consecutive season that the Tigers have had less than "Sterling"  PAT kicking.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1043553" timestamp="1314575353"]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=87315.msg1043528#msg1043528 date=1314573408]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87315.msg1043358#msg1043358 date=1314557379]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=87315.msg1043303#msg1043303 date=1314552458]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87315.msg1043265#msg1043265 date=1314548410]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=87315.msg1043249#msg1043249 date=1314547030]
Silsbee's offense will need to put something's together this week. Cleveland by 8
[/quote]

Cleveland had a better team last year than this year and Silsbee won 27-7. Cleveland is not even picked to make the playoffs out of their district (22-3A)

Don't let their win over Caney Creek, 37-21, fool you. Caney Creek is terrible, will go 0-10 most likely.
[/quote]

Caney creek will not go 0-10, heck they beat kingwood park last year and then park beat brenham but anyways Cleveland is a much better football team than they were last year...last year they had the ross twins, reed, and richardson but had no identity...this years team does!!...the indian offense was garbage last year and it was 14-7 at half and 21-7 in the 4th before the the qb through a pick 6 to end the game so it wasnt a blow out last year by any means...if [b]silsbee wants to turn the ball over like they did against waltrip[/b] the indians will have the offense to take advantage...silsbee is big and good so cleveland has their hands full...im thinking more like 28-24 silsbee!!.....
[/quote]

Well, if you consider 2 turnovers (both fumbles) by Silsbee against Waltrip a major problem, then I see your point. BTW, Silsbee is a +6 in turnover ratio for the year. ;) ;D

This will not be a blowout (not sure if a 27-7 win last year is a definition of a blowout ::)) but the Tigers will win this one by 18. ;)
[/quote]

[b]I'm just stating that last years game between these two was alot closer than the score portrayed,[/b] once again clevelands offense was pitiful, now that they are moving the ball it should pose for a better game....btw caney creek is way better than waltrip  ;)
[/quote]

Hmmm.. closer than the score indicated. I think these final team stats of that game reflect pretty accurate of a 27-7 Silsbee win. ;)

Final team stats

Cleveland                        Silsbee

rushing          30/81 yards                  29/120 yards

passing    7-21,64 yds, 1TD, 3int      20-27, 226yds, 1TD

total            [b] 51/145yds                      56/346 yds[/b]

FD                    10                                  17

Penalties        3/20 yards                        4/40 yards

quarter scoring

1          2          3        4        tot
Cleveland          0          7            0        0        7
Silsbee            14          0            0        13        27

Also, Cleveland passed the ball 21 times in that game. Not familiar with too many veer offenses that do that. ;)

[/quote]

LMAO you geek/nerd analysts crack me up with your stats...point is it was a 14-7 game at half and silsbee didnt score again till the 4th and then cleveland through a pick...for as crappy as cleveland played they were a td away from making it a game and once again this was a team with no offense...yes they through the ball more because they couldnt run the freaking veer worth a crap so what part of that did you not understant from earlier...just keep charting plays! :P

Hmmmm... Silsbee had 20 more points than Cleveland (27-7), had 201 yards of total offense more than Cleveland (346-145, actually more than double the offense ;)) 7 more first downs (17-10), yet in bimbo's eyes this was a very close game.

I was there last year, broadcast the game. I agree, it wasn't a blowout (I personally do not count 27-7 games blowouts) but this game was far from being close. Only thing I saw was that Silsbee had 4 turnovers in that game which allowed Cleveland to "hang around" longer than they should have.

BTW, I have Silsbee winning by 18, not 40. ;)

[quote name="stigers12" post="1043844" timestamp="1314627044"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=87315.msg1043701#msg1043701 date=1314589481]
[/quote]
good excuse. ive never heard of anyone playing worse on purpose once they have a scholorship. That makes alot of sense.
[/quote]

I don't need an excuse, and really don't care if it makes sense to you. I know what happened and it was all last year. you need to worry about this year, kicking your extra points will not be your only problem.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1043954" timestamp="1314634208"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=87315.msg1043844#msg1043844 date=1314627044]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=87315.msg1043701#msg1043701 date=1314589481]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't need an excuse, and really don't care if it makes sense to you. I know what happened and it was all last year. you need to worry about this year, kicking your extra points will not be your only problem.
[/quote]
Your right...kicking isn't even a problem. Our only problem will be keeping the defense fresh after our 2 play touchdown drives :)

[quote name="stigers12" post="1043987" timestamp="1314638874"]
haha i was jokin a little with all the blowout business, but honestly i just don't see us losing to cleveland...
[/quote]

Hey that's fine, if we don't support and believe in our teams, then we are not true fans. I honestly don't see us losing to Silsbee. that's my opinion, but I can't compair anything to last year for either team. All I do know is Cleveland this year, is as different as day and night compaired to last year, this should be a great game. 

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1044011" timestamp="1314640791"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=87315.msg1043987#msg1043987 date=1314638874]
haha i was jokin a little with all the blowout business, but honestly i just don't see us losing to cleveland...
[/quote]

Hey that's fine, if we don't support and believe in our teams, then we are not true fans. I honestly don't see us losing to Silsbee. that's my opinion, but I can't compair anything to last year for either team. All I do know is Cleveland this year, is as different as day and night compaired to last year, this should be a great game.
[/quote]

One thing that remains consistent through the years is the fact that Silsbee owns Cleveland, with the majority of games being blowouts. Series record stands at 24-5-2 in favor of the boys in maroon.

[quote name="C-TOWN" post="1044186" timestamp="1314652688"]
Well then its def time to change those stats!!! Silsbee will no longer be owning Cleveland, I know we had a bad season last year but what was our record prior to that?
[/quote]

Record against who? Silsbee? Cleveland's record against Silsbee prior to last year's game:

Cleveland  5 wins
Silsbee      23 wins
ties              2

Cleveland currently has a .160 winning percentage against Silsbee. Silsbee's winning percentage against Cleveland, .770. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83