• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="piratefan" post="1080300" timestamp="1318383101"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=87159.msg1080254#msg1080254 date=1318379097]
Lumberton 8a vs Vidor 8a

LR  22
Vidor  0
2 minutes til the half
[/quote]sorry to rain on your parade,But Vidor "A"  8th beat C.O.Wilson 30-20.and 7th grade Vidor beat C.O.Wilson 14-6.
[/quote]

Okay, well all Im saying is that LR 8A beat vidor tonite and plays CO wilson next week. I wasn't really parading anything. This is the place where we post the scores and such right??

Tues. 10/11/11.    8A

Vidor (Black?)  30
C.O. Wilson.    20

Very good game, fun, exciting. Both teams seemed to play clean and show good sportsmanship. Some big plays on both sides. Congratulations to Vidor. This is our 1st loss, so sets stage for another great game next week between C.O. And Lumberton!!

[quote name="Basketball 2016" post="1080356" timestamp="1318386625"]
Tues. 10/11/11.    8A

Vidor (Black?)  30
C.O. Wilson.    20

Very good game, fun, exciting. Both teams seemed to play clean and show good sportsmanship. Some big plays on both sides. Congratulations to Vidor. This is our 1st loss, so sets stage for another great game next week between C.O. And Lumberton!!
[/quote]
Yes, congrats to Vidor Black for a great game. 2 big plays, 1 when vidor blocked the field goal and retuned it about 50 yards. CO had a chance at that time to put the game away by 9 points. instead the momentum changed and they executed a 4th a long to score.

[quote name="bigned85" post="1080452" timestamp="1318414887"]
[quote author=png94 link=topic=87159.msg1068321#msg1068321 date=1317229429]
[quote author=Basketball 2016 link=topic=87159.msg1068104#msg1068104 date=1317182095]
9/27/11

8A

C.O. Wilson.  43
Groves.        18
[/quote]
Yea C.O. won with real class! They were up 35-18 with less than 30 sec left in the game, on their own 20yd line and threw pass down the sideline for a TD. Boy that's a way to show our kids how to act!
[/quote]

Seems the lack of class must have rubbed off on Groves. 8th A-team winning 38 - 0 agaist Central Middle school and they were still trying to score with 38 seconds left in the game. WOW - it's almost like they were trying to play football or something. Funny how you call someone out one week, then turn around and do the same thing the next week or so. Didn't see any post about how little class Groves had.  :'(
[/quote]

Its school ball, we all need to let it go. A few years back Dayton was trying to score 100s point on Nuemann... i think it ended up 60 to what ever. School coaches have their reasons. As long as the kids play with class and good sports. I think it bothers parents more than is does the kids

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1080550" timestamp="1318428815"]
[quote author=bigned85 link=topic=87159.msg1080452#msg1080452 date=1318414887]
[quote author=png94 link=topic=87159.msg1068321#msg1068321 date=1317229429]
[quote author=Basketball 2016 link=topic=87159.msg1068104#msg1068104 date=1317182095]
9/27/11

8A

C.O. Wilson.  43
Groves.        18
[/quote]
Yea C.O. won with real class! They were up 35-18 with less than 30 sec left in the game, on their own 20yd line and threw pass down the sideline for a TD. Boy that's a way to show our kids how to act!
[/quote]

Seems the lack of class must have rubbed off on Groves. 8th A-team winning 38 - 0 agaist Central Middle school and they were still trying to score with 38 seconds left in the game. WOW - it's almost like they were trying to play football or something. Funny how you call someone out one week, then turn around and do the same thing the next week or so. Didn't see any post about how little class Groves had.  :'(
[/quote]

Its school ball, we all need to let it go. A few years back Dayton was trying to score 100s point on Nuemann... i think it ended up 60 to what ever. School coaches have their reasons. As long as the kids play with class and good sports. I think it bothers parents more than is does the kids
[/quote]I agree about the parents part and also about how good of a game that was last night.
The 7th grade game was a good one as well. Both games:not alot of flags,physical and a few big plays.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1075562" timestamp="1318004180"]
Lets be honest, Kendrick is the glue to that 8th grade team at HF. He make makes that team go.
[/quote]
Kenrick is a special player, but without Kendrick that group would still win their games convincingly.

[quote name="forum" post="1081461" timestamp="1318527036"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=87159.msg1075562#msg1075562 date=1318004180]
Lets be honest, Kendrick is the glue to that 8th grade team at HF. He make makes that team go.
[/quote]
Kenrick is a special player, but without Kendrick that group would still win their games convincingly.
[/quote]

I absolutely disagree with that statement.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1081927" timestamp="1318561522"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=87159.msg1081461#msg1081461 date=1318527036]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you disagree that this group would still win their games convincingly you know nothing about football.  There are two sides of the ball and while King is without question a powerful force on offence, anyone who knows anything knows that Defense wins championships.  This groups defense swarms their opponents and shuts them down.  King is involved on defense but unless it is a pass play or a break away very seldom needs to get involved.

My hopes for Kendrick to not get injured are personal and have nothing to do with winning football games.  As for entertaining you and your inability to refute my comment speaks for itself.  This is a solid group of young men and their record speaks for itself.

I have neither the time nor the desire to "refute" your comments... LOL Anyone who has seen them play knows that Bluedoves statements are accurate. Not trying to say your son isn't a good ball player, but that team wouldn't be close to the same without King. Sorry, not trying to offend, but it is what it is.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1081927" timestamp="1318561522"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=87159.msg1081461#msg1081461 date=1318527036]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]And I absolutely agree with your statement Gas  ;D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1082307" timestamp="1318616628"]
I have neither the time nor the desire to "refute" your comments... LOL Anyone who has seen them play knows that Bluedoves statements are accurate. Not trying to say your son isn't a good ball player, but that team wouldn't be close to the same without King. Sorry, not trying to offend, but it is what it is.
[/quote]
Wouldn't be the same? Agreed.

Would that team still win without him? Without a doubt.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics