West Orange-Stark vs. Vidor Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hope all along is that if they are going to "run a little more" (as Coach T proclaimed early on) is that they would still employ the spread formation to do it.  Our speed and skill positions are still our greatest assets, so let's use them...whether it's in the spread with more running plays or using the Pistol position or both.  It's still early and they are experimenting with this.  When they eventually get settled in, I just can't see the power-I as the meat and potatoes of our game plan on offense. 

[quote name="griff" post="1037331" timestamp="1313721234"]
My hope all along is that if they are going to "run a little more" (as Coach T proclaimed early on) is that they would still employ the spread formation to do it.  Our speed and skill positions are still our greatest assets, so let's use them...whether it's in the spread with more running plays or using the Pistol position or both.  It's still early and they are experimenting with this.  When they eventually get settled in, I just can't see the power-I as the meat and potatoes of our game plan on offense. 
[/quote]

That I formation wont work against Kirbyville....yall better off running the spread ;D

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1037342" timestamp="1313721960"]
I think both teams played their first team the whole night.
[/quote]

Thanks.  You said that they were banged up, I know you are probably getting texts about it, but any serious injuries or just folks a little banged up?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1037343" timestamp="1313722047"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=86866.msg1037342#msg1037342 date=1313721960]
I think both teams played their first team the whole night.
[/quote]

Thanks.  You said that they were banged up, I know you are probably getting texts about it, but any serious injuries or just folks a little banged up?
[/quote]

Yes unfortunately I hear Linebacker Woodson tore his ACL.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Good game for both teams. But i have to admit i saw a lot more from vidor than i thought. WOS wasn't able to stop Bolinger. I know he had atleast 100 yards and 2 TD's. Had a few plays where the kids lost the tempers but hey thats football. IMO i think WOS is definitely way more effective in the spread than in the i formation. Vidor was able to shut them down in the I. But overall a good game. Vidor will definitely be making some noise this year. Look out 20-4A Vidor's here to play.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1037386" timestamp="1313725777"]
Just what I was told by someone who was there:

Score when both teams 1st units were on the field:

Vidor   17
WOS     7

When 2nd units were on the field

Vidor      0
WOS     13

Take that for what it's worth. Can somebody confirm this or is it not accurate?
[/quote]I am pretty sure the ones were in for both teams most of the night, now I know vidor played 2 qbs all night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed