La Marque vs Central Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1037549" timestamp="1313771839"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=86850.msg1037547#msg1037547 date=1313771758]
Coogs 3 Jags 0.  Wright didnt even suit.  Didn't want to risk the injury.
[/quote]
3?? 3 scores or 3 points?
[/quote]

SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1037581" timestamp="1313774583"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=86850.msg1037549#msg1037549 date=1313771839]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=86850.msg1037547#msg1037547 date=1313771758]
Coogs 3 Jags 0.  Wright didnt even suit.  Didn't want to risk the injury.
[/quote]
3?? 3 scores or 3 points?
[/quote]

SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
[/quote]
I thought so but had to make sure lol Not bad at all

I've just left eh scrimmage.  My major concern is our o-line.  They wouldn't block to save their lives.  LaMarque's D was in our backfield early and often.  They were hitting hard.  Our offense couldn't get a tempo going.  Our defense will be our strong point.  We were hitting hard on Defense as well.  Our D-Line inpressed me.  We did the best we would against an offense with 2 4 year starters.  Those guys are good!  All and all, We did 'ok' to be playing against a State Runner up team.  I look for progress agains a Memorial team that will feature pretty much the same thing we've just seen today.  A good RB with a Good QB.  

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1037587" timestamp="1313775178"]
I've just left eh scrimmage.  My major concern is our o-line.  They wouldn't block to save their lives.  LaMarque's D was in our backfield early and often.  They were hitting hard.  Our offense couldn't get a tempo going.  Our defense will be our strong point.  We were hitting hard on Defense as well.  Our D-Line inpressed me.  We did the best we would against an offense with 2 4 year starters.  Those guys are good!  All and all, We did 'ok' to be playing against a State Runner up team.  I look for progress agains a Memorial team that will feature pretty much the same thing we've just seen today.  A good RB with a Good QB.  
[/quote]

I thought Wright didnt play today. If so that would be one four year starter (the QB). The RBs you saw were his backups.  ;D

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1037592" timestamp="1313775642"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86850.msg1037587#msg1037587 date=1313775178]
[/quote]

I thought Wright didnt play today. If so that would be one four year starter (the QB). [b]The RBs you saw were his backups.[/b]  ;D
[/quote] :o :o :o :o

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cougar2011" post="1037589" timestamp="1313775483"]
I here la marque's kicker missed 2 field goals.  :-\ No bueno! Every point counts when your trying to get back to state. Thats gonna be another weak link in the program.
[/quote]

Well, you know more about this than I do, but I have not known Lamarque to have ever relied on their field goal kicker.  They seem to
find a way to score enough points to win more than they lose. ;)

Some stats

In the controlled scrimmage:

Central ran 30 plays, gaining 23 yards, 1 1st down, 4 TO, 0 TD's

LaMarque ran 30 plays, gaining 119 yards, 7 1st downs, 1 TO, 1 TD

In the 12 minute live quarter:

Central ran 12 plays, gained 21 yards, 1 first down, 0 TD's

LaMarque ran 17 plays, gained 113 yards, 6 first downs, 2 TD's

Total

Central ran 42 plays, gained a total of 44 yards, 2 first downs, 4 TO's, 0 TD's

LaMarque ran 47 plays, gained a total of 232 yards, 13 first downs, 0 TO's, 3 TD's

To put it simply, LaMarque is very very good!

[quote name="badndn" post="1037668" timestamp="1313781297"]
Soulja, you and I both know that you are only as good as your lines. Central started out last season with OLine issues didn't they? They straightened it out. Maybe they will again this year.

[/quote]Yes.  Our offensive line started off garbage last year and stepped it up as the season went on.  Yes, I suspect it will be better.  Keep in mind, last year,we had a playmaker at running back, so a lot of our rushing yards were more of him making plays vs. how good the O-Line was.  I only hope our o-line will be able to get better.  I do know this though.  Our defense will be better than it was last year.  They showed me a little something.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1037632" timestamp="1313779569"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=86850.msg1037589#msg1037589 date=1313775483]
I here la marque's kicker missed 2 field goals.  :-\ No bueno! Every point counts when your trying to get back to state. Thats gonna be another weak link in the program.
[/quote]

Well, you know more about this than I do, but I have not known Lamarque to have ever relied on their field goal kicker.  They seem to
[/quote]

The La Marque kicker in 05' was pretty good.  He let them fly in warm ups!

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1037632" timestamp="1313779569"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=86850.msg1037589#msg1037589 date=1313775483]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah in playoffs im sure it wont be a problem. But in rivalry games, such as La marque vs ball high last season.... La marque only won by a field goal. (14 - 13) Tim Wright was injuried that game so didnt get as much PT as they would have liked. Basically with all the talent La Marque has, i would just hate to see them lose a game on the count of a missed field goal. This is a playoff bound team.

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1037592" timestamp="1313775642"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86850.msg1037587#msg1037587 date=1313775178]
[/quote]

I thought Wright didnt play today. If so that would be one four year starter (the QB). The RBs you saw were his backups.  ;D
[/quote]
Yeah wright didnt play, didnt want to wrisk injury. But returning backup RB Chris Jackson was in and is a speedy fellow himself.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1037725" timestamp="1313785562"]
Yall's offense is going to be on another level this year.  That defense is typical Coog defense.  That didn't suprise me at all.  Swarm to the ball.  Hard hitting.  Yall are poised for another deep playoff run, no doubt.
[/quote]
Yeah, according to the new coaches. We're going to see a lot more of La Marque's incredible speed being used on both sides of the ball.. So as long as no injuries or self-made pit holes occur, we should be looking at another great season. I'm anxious to see what friendswood and aledo (if we get that far) we have in store for us.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1037727" timestamp="1313785862"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86850.msg1037725#msg1037725 date=1313785562]
Yall's offense is going to be on another level this year.  That defense is typical Coog defense.  That didn't suprise me at all.  Swarm to the ball.  Hard hitting.  Yall are poised for another deep playoff run, no doubt.
[/quote]
Yeah, according to the new coaches. We're going to see a lot more of La Marque's incredible speed being used on both sides of the ball.. So as long as no injuries or self-made pit holes occur, we should be looking at another great season. I'm anxious to see what friendswood and [b]aledo (if we get that far) we have in store for us[/b].
[/quote]

Yeah, his name is Johnathan Gray.

[quote name="daytonfan" post="1037731" timestamp="1313786237"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=86850.msg1037727#msg1037727 date=1313785862]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86850.msg1037725#msg1037725 date=1313785562]
[/quote]
Yeah, according to the new coaches. We're going to see a lot more of La Marque's incredible speed being used on both sides of the ball.. So as long as no injuries or self-made pit holes occur, we should be looking at another great season. I'm anxious to see what friendswood and [b]aledo (if we get that far) we have in store for us[/b].
[/quote]

[/quote]

La Marque & Brenham both know that first hand.  If we get that far, I'd like to see our defense against the Aledo offense.  (I don't think we have the offense to make it that far though)

[quote name="daytonfan" post="1037731" timestamp="1313786237"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=86850.msg1037727#msg1037727 date=1313785862]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Johnathan Gray is a big factor, no doubt. But the majority of his bust out plays were due to great blocking schemes for Aledo's O-Line, which our old defensive coach didn't know how to counter. I'm sure our new defensive coordinators will have something up their sleeves for such effective running teams as the season goes on. But your right, Johnathan Gray is great. I would love to see the rematch between him and Timothy Wright. It was a straight out brawl the first 3 quarters of the state championship....

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1037739" timestamp="1313787048"]
[quote author=daytonfan link=topic=86850.msg1037731#msg1037731 date=1313786237]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Johnathan Gray is a big factor, no doubt. But the majority of his bust out plays were due to great blocking schemes for Aledo's O-Line, which [b]our old defensive coach didn't know how to counter.[/b] I'm sure our new defensive coordinators will have something up their sleeves for such effective running teams as the season goes on. But your right, Johnathan Gray is great. I would love to see the rematch between him and Timothy Wright. It was a straight out brawl the first 3 quarters of the state championship....
[/quote]

I agree.....that was a total breakdown in coaching.....NO adjustments were made.....

Left after the 2nd LM score. Central didn't look really into it (this happens at 10:30 am scrimmages on 100+ degree turf). Still the Coogs were clearly better especially on the line. I think LM could've scored more if they would've continued to throw deep. Usually in a scrimmage you have set plays picked out though. The Central D did a good job of bending but not breaking a couple of times.

But I'm still saying the Jags are a playoff contender for sure.

I've had a chance to settle down and take a breath. ' It was just a scrimmage' is what I have to keep telling myself.  Now it's over.  If we face LaMarque again in the playoffs, hopefully, we would have gotten a lot better by then an be able to give them a better game.  I wish them luck the rest of the way.   8) 8)  We need to now focus on Memorial and find a way to get the offense rolling.  I'm pretty confident we will get to where we need to be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed