La Marque vs Central Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1037784" timestamp="1313790221"]
Left after the 2nd LM score. Central didn't look really into it (this happens at 10:30 am scrimmages on 100+ degree turf). Still the Coogs were clearly better especially on the line. I think LM could've scored more if they would've continued to throw deep. Usually in a scrimmage you have set plays picked out though. The Central D did a good job of bending but not breaking a couple of times.

But I'm still saying the Jags are a playoff contender for sure.
[/quote]Well said, especially on the bend don't break on a team of that magnitude. 

By the way, I don't know what it is with these Coogs and that one TALL receiver.  They have one every year.  That kid looked 6'3". 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1037789" timestamp="1313790286"]
I've had a chance to settle down and take a breath. ' It was just a scrimmage' is what I have to keep telling myself.  Now it's over.  If we face LaMarque again in the playoffs, hopefully, we would have gotten a lot better by then an be able to give them a better game.  I wish them luck the rest of the way.   8) 8)  We need to now focus on Memorial and find a way to get the offense rolling.  I'm pretty confident we will get to where we need to be.
[/quote]

You're in luck!  No La Marque, Brenham or Dayton...  Guaranteed!  Probably no Manvel either...

We'll still face a LaMarque-type team along the way.  Humble is waiting in the winds.  We also have fundimentally sound teams that will have no problem finding our weakness and exploiting it over and over again (Friendswood). Somebody needs to put red pepper in our offensive linemen's food all week.  They need to start playing angry.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1037791" timestamp="1313790702"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=86850.msg1037784#msg1037784 date=1313790221]
Left after the 2nd LM score. Central didn't look really into it (this happens at 10:30 am scrimmages on 100+ degree turf). Still the Coogs were clearly better especially on the line. I think LM could've scored more if they would've continued to throw deep. Usually in a scrimmage you have set plays picked out though. The Central D did a good job of bending but not breaking a couple of times.

[/quote]Well said, especially on the bend don't break on a team of that magnitude. 

By the way, I don't know what it is with these Coogs and that one TALL receiver.  They have one every year.  That kid looked 6'3". 
[/quote]
Lol I know right.. He has awesome footwork too. He's going to do a lot of damage on deep routes. Its fortunate because he just came to La Marque last year but has adapted well during 2-a-days.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1037813" timestamp="1313792414"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86850.msg1037791#msg1037791 date=1313790702]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=86850.msg1037784#msg1037784 date=1313790221]

[/quote]
Lol I know right.. He has awesome footwork too. He's going to do a lot of damage on deep routes. Its fortunate because he just came to La Marque last year but has adapted well during 2-a-days.
[/quote]Yall always have one tall reciever.  Almost every year.  yall had one when we played yall inthe playoffs in 2006.  Yall threw to him twice and he caught both passes for long gains over our short defenders. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1037595" timestamp="1313776261"]
[quote author=Coog4eva link=topic=86850.msg1037592#msg1037592 date=1313775642]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86850.msg1037587#msg1037587 date=1313775178]
I've just left eh scrimmage.  My major concern is our o-line.  They wouldn't block to save their lives.  LaMarque's D was in our backfield early and often.  They were hitting hard.  Our offense couldn't get a tempo going.  Our defense will be our strong point.  We were hitting hard on Defense as well.  Our D-Line inpressed me.  We did the best we would against an offense with 2 4 year starters.  Those guys are good!  All and all, We did 'ok' to be playing against a State Runner up team.  I look for progress agains a Memorial team that will feature pretty much the same thing we've just seen today.  A good RB with a Good QB.  
[/quote]

I thought Wright didnt play today. If so that would be one four year starter (the QB). [b]The RBs you saw were his backups.[/b]  ;D
[/quote] :o :o :o :o
[/quote]

There was a Coog dad talking to us that said they wanted to test their dept at RB.  I think it passed!

Don't get me wrong, Gray is a great back. But we faced a great back from Shertz Clements in 2006 and took care of him in the semi's. Coaching, or the lack thereof cost us a title last year. I was on the search committee and every candidate who was at last year's game said we were too vanilla on defense. I don't see new DC Coach Lawrence doing anything of the sort.

[quote name="cougartino" post="1038005" timestamp="1313807980"]
Don't get me wrong, Gray is a great back. But we faced a great back from Shertz Clements in 2006 and took care of him in the semi's. Coaching, or the lack thereof cost us a title last year. I was on the search committee and every candidate who was at last year's game said we were too vanilla on defense. I don't see new DC Coach Lawrence doing anything of the sort.
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
I hear ya Tino....no disrespect towards Jonathan but after we turned the ball over 4 times on our side of the field I saw something occur with no other LM team. The coaches didn't have an answer for Gray, didn't make ANY adjustments at the half, threw in the white towel late 3rd and the once the players saw the coaches quit on them they followed suit! That my friend is not LM football![/b][/color]

Well, Just getting home from Houston, but I did happen to catch the Scrimmage before I got on the Freeway, La Marque is good, they have talent at every skill position, But IMO i dont really look at this as a slap, cuz we got slapped the 1st two games and looked how we ended up last season..Our Offense will struggle early though, no doubt...Our Defense will be decent, sorry Soulja but they wont be better then last yrs D [b]overall[/b]..But I look for them to get better as the season progresses and start playing with fire once they find their lingo :)...Our D-Line will be our Strenght this season for sure, and Ryan Davis DL will be our go to guy on D...I still say once District starts we will do what we have to, to make the playoffs..

GL to La Marque next season, they will be a force..
Also that big bowling ball runningback for LM was a transfer from G-Ball??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami