Kirbyville vs. Silsbee Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee was doing whatever they wanted during this scrimmage offensively and there defense wasnt to bad either. They played excellent on both sides of the ball and I expect a big season out of them.
Kirbyville however has a lot of work to do they couldnt establish nothing offensivley and defensively they looked good at times then they give up big plays but other than a couple of long touchdowns and the quarterback scramble on silsbees first possesion the defense was good. If they dont pull together i'm with ryker on the 3-7 finish.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1034704" timestamp="1313239909"]
I'll be at Tiger Stadium this morning taking in this controlled scrimmage. I will either post or phone in updates to Grad as the scrimmage progress.

note ([i][b]I'll make a point to only comment positively about Kirbyville and negatively about Silsbee, to please the few[/b][/i]) ::)
[/quote]

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!  Pigs have reportedly been seen flying over Hardin county, please take cover! :D

they will come together.  The o line and tight end is made up of all soph that have never seen this level of play before.  Its going to be rough at first because of the brutal schedule but if they stay healthy they will get tough.  Kville is down to only like 8 seniors on the team due to a couple of SR OLinemen or should I say "boys" quit earlier in the week.  Normally I would say I hope they dont regret their decsion later on but when a couple of SR leaders walks out on their team and they know theres no one else but soph, then I must honestly say I hope they do regret it! 

[quote name="speedkills" post="1035442" timestamp="1313354162"]
Silsbee was doing whatever they wanted during this scrimmage offensively and there defense wasnt to bad either. They played excellent on both sides of the ball and I expect a big season out of them.
Kirbyville however has a lot of work to do they couldnt establish nothing offensivley and defensively they looked good at times then they give up big plays but other than a couple of long touchdowns and the quarterback scramble on silsbees first possesion the defense was good. If they dont pull together i'm with ryker on the 3-7 finish.

[/quote] Saturday was what it was ... a test to see where both teams are .. Silsbee with a bunch of experienced players and a few new faces, with an established coach .... Silsbee looked good, even great at times ... Kirbyville, with a lot of new faces, with minimal experience at this level (at least 70 % of this team has never played a snap on varsity), an a new head coach, and coaching staff ... struggled ... No excuses, but this is what scrimmages and pre-district are for ... let's see where both teams are at by district .... Our QB has never played QB before ... this was his first game at QB ... the backup hasn't played QB since 8th grade ... and he's a senior ... another point .. I remember a east texas team a few years back going 3-7 in regular season and then hitting thier stride towards the end of the year and going deep into the playoffs .. have faith k'ville ...

Silsbee look very good Sat.  Have several young players in key positions that played very mature and well.  Not sure if its the same guy AAW was talking about but the Inside guy on D (I think practice jersey #14) was a head hunter.  He was in on every play and disrupted the tempo alot. 

I still dont think they get past WOS or Bridge City but a much better team than I expected them to be. 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1035854" timestamp="1313442614"]
Silsbee look very good Sat.  Have several young players in key positions that played very mature and well.  Not sure if its the same guy AAW was talking about but the Inside guy on D (I think practice [glow=red,2,300][b]jersey #14)[/b][/glow] was a head hunter.  He was in on every play and disrupted the tempo alot. 

I still dont think they get past WOS or Bridge City but a much better team than I expected them to be. 
[/quote]

Jacob Keefer!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami