Kountze

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1031164" timestamp="1312406185"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=86280.msg1031162#msg1031162 date=1312406104]
I know its only been 3 days but looks like [b]coach dale has these guys heading in the right direction[/b]... any thoughts ?
[/quote] :o :o UIL investigation pending.  :D
[/quote]  Mr. Garrity,

Why would you make such a statement? Are you saying it tounge in cheek?  ???

To impune Coach Dale's & Coach Jueburt's integrity, even jokingly is offensive to me.

Yes, I live in Kountze and a lot of people here want our entire athletic dept. to grow and succeed, to the point that the community made a sweeping change to the school board majority for these changes and several others to be made. The others are discipline and academics. Your comment is completely inappropriate UNLESS you have some proof, in which case you should turn it over to the appropriate authorities.

We are trying to build up our ENTIRE school system, academics and extracurricular activities and there are enough haters and opposition to this effort as it is, Oh, are you part of that crowd?  >:( ??? :-\

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bearcat396" post="1031394" timestamp="1312461522"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86280.msg1031164#msg1031164 date=1312406185]
I know its only been 3 days but looks like [b]coach dale has these guys heading in the right direction[/b]... any thoughts ?
[/quote]  Mr. Garrity,

To impune Coach Dale's & Coach Jueburt's integrity, even jokingly is offensive to me.

Yes, I live in Kountze and a lot of people here want our entire athletic dept. to grow and succeed, to the point that the community made a sweeping change to the school board majority for these changes and several others to be made. The others are discipline and academics. Your comment is completely inappropriate UNLESS you have some proof, in which case you should turn it over to the appropriate authorities.

We are trying to build up our ENTIRE school system, academics and extracurricular activities and there are enough haters and opposition to this effort as it is, Oh, are you part of that crowd?  >:( ??? :-\
[/quote]

Good grief !  Lighten up, bearcat.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1031403" timestamp="1312465042"]
[quote author=bearcat396 link=topic=86280.msg1031394#msg1031394 date=1312461522]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86280.msg1031164#msg1031164 date=1312406185]
[/quote]  Mr. Garrity,

[/quote]

Good grief !  Lighten up, bearcat.
[/quote]
No kidding. I hope you don't get a nosebleed on that high horse you're on.

Guys, please, I am sure that Mr. Garrity was poking fun at the spate of "this school violated UIL rules" threads rather than a actual allegation of any wrongdoing by Coach Dale.

Boy, if this is what we are like a week before scrimmages start, I can't wait 'til Week 0.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1031904" timestamp="1312574404"]
Guys, please, I am sure that Mr. Garrity was poking fun at the spate of "this school violated UIL rules" threads rather than a actual allegation of any wrongdoing by Coach Dale.

Boy, if this is what we are like a week before scrimmages start, I can't wait 'til Week 0.
[/quote]

Maybe he was making a reference to the movie Hoosiers as the guy coaching them was Coach Dale. If so, pretty funny to me.

I do not intend to "lighten up" and I am not on a "high horse." 

I am very new to this forum, a very short time before Mr. Garrity impuned the entire Kountze athletic program and Coach Dale's & Coach Jubert's integrity he announced to the forum the "he was back" like it was some great thing... that this forum was so much better because of his mere presence. Maybe he is the one on a "high horse"???

If he has been gone and just recently returned,from who knows where, maybe the Stiles Unit????, idk, then it seems like it would be best if he didn't start slinging unfounded accusations right off the bat, especially him being a Moderator.

See, unfounded derogatory assumptions don't feel or look good, do they???

The Kountze athletic program has been struggling for years to achieve success, except for Coach Jubert's BB teams, the community came together this past May and changed the majority on the school board and cried out for change.

The "new" school board has done everything in it's power to bring about that change and athletics is just the start of what they want to do. Also during this time they have been working on restoring order and disciplne to the HS campus and improving it on all of the other campus' Discipline and order have to be in place before Academics can be worked on and improved. IF the Football team gets better, and the BB team continues its winning ways and  baseball and girls softball, BB and volleyball continue to improve it will build pride in our student body and I dare say the entire community.

Sports and all other extracurricular activities are important and add value to our kids learning experience BUT Academics is what it's all about and I know for a fact that the school board has that as their priority. If you have a strong athletic program you may reach a young man or lady who is at risk academically but loves sports and that will provide an incentive for that young person to work harder in the classroom.

The only thing that I will admit is that yes, I am a bit touchy when my school and community are attacked for no reason and with no evidence. 

I am willing to give Mr. Garrity the benefit of the doubt and chalk up his comment to a poor attempt at humor but as a Moderator he should be held to a higher standard and be a bit more careful with his "tounge in cheek" comments, after all this forum is also followed closely by the student athletes from all of our communities.

Kountze has to earn the respect that you are demanding. Your post (both of them) shows how much you don't know. You can not demand respect for a program based on possibilities and the wants of the community. It's good to want to improve and to strive for it, but until that translates into an improved program both on and off the field, your not going to get any respect. Ten years ago the good people of Kirbyville were in the same boat as Kountze. No respect for the program, no matter how much they wanted it. A good coach and major improvements to the program and a couple trips to the state championship game and they earned every bit of respect they now enjoy. Let's hope this might be in the future for the Lions.

[quote name="bearcat396" post="1032148" timestamp="1312717967"]
If he has been gone and just recently returned,from who knows where, maybe the Stiles Unit????, idk, then it seems like it would be best if he didn't start slinging unfounded accusations right off the bat, especially him being a Moderator.

[/quote]

Just so you have all of the facts, his return is not from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, but from the United States Air Force.

Perhaps you, sir, should take a good look at my signature line.

I have not demended respect for a program that doesn't deserve it.

I have questioned why anyone would say something that inferred wrongdoing and/or corruption on a whim. 

No doubt that Kountze football is down and has been for many years... it shows how much class some people have to kick a program  in the teeth when they are down, especially when Coach's Dale and Jubert enjoy such highly respected reputations and rightly so.

You seemed to have missed the line in my post about how it feels to have something bad said about you when its not true... sadly I would expect better judgement and behaviour from a veteran of our armed services.

You also seemed to miss the last line where I said I was willing to overlook this whole sad mess as a poor attempt at humor that bombed... Your defense of the indefensible really makes me wonder...

SO FAR FROM WATCHING THESE (KIDS) THEY SEEM AT THIS POINT TO BE WORING HARDER AND SEEM TO BE MORE FOCUSED. IF CREDIT CAN BE GIVEN AT THIS POINT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE FROM THE NEW GENERALS IN CHARGE ON THE FIELD, AND YES HULL I REALLY DON'T THINK A REPEAT OF LAST YEAR WILL HAPPEN.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics