Best Coaching Staff?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1021998" timestamp="1309579059"]
There are a number of top notch staffs in this area and there is no reasonable way to conclude which is best.
[/quote]

Best, most accurate statement ever made on these forums.

I agree. Kudos Nash!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1022040" timestamp="1309615963"]

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85390.msg1021998#msg1021998 date=1309579059]
There are a number of top notch staffs in this area and there is no reasonable way to conclude which is best.
[/quote]Need to run for political office Nash.
[/quote]

WIll take your advice Dove.  I think I will promise an ATM in every Hamlet if elected

H-J clearly one of the best; Nederland because of English (don't know much good or bad about the rest of his staff); Silsbee staff is clearly very good (had to do it without Travis for a lot of last season)

WestBrook - no comment...

[quote name="Pumper" post="1022086" timestamp="1309652744"]
H-J clearly one of the best; [b]Nederland because of English (don't know much good or bad about the rest of his staff)[/b]; Silsbee staff is clearly very good (had to do it without Travis for a lot of last season)

[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a staff;  They get whichever football coach Neuman decides will do basketball.  This is not to demean the assistants, I respect them and enjoyed my sons playing for them.  English doesn't get even one assistant until football is out of playoffs.  Coach E has to coach Freshman, JV, and Varsity usually through November and sometimes into December.  I don't know how he doesn't burn out.  No other sport in Nederland has to do without assistants the way basketball does. 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1022655" timestamp="1309990550"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=85390.msg1022086#msg1022086 date=1309652744]
H-J clearly one of the best; [b]Nederland because of English (don't know much good or bad about the rest of his staff)[/b]; Silsbee staff is clearly very good (had to do it without Travis for a lot of last season)

[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a staff;  They get whichever football coach Neuman decides will do basketball.  This is not to demean the assistants, I respect them and enjoyed my sons playing for them.   English doesn't get even one assistant until football is out of playoffs.  Coach E has to coach Freshman, JV, and Varsity usually through November and sometimes into December.  I don't know how he doesn't burn out.  No other sport in Nederland has to do without assistants the way basketball does.  
[/quote]

Same thing at PNG. The middle school doesn't even get to practice Bball during regular athletics only before and after school.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1022853" timestamp="1310058832"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85390.msg1022850#msg1022850 date=1310057534]
wow! :o Sometimes its good to know you're not drowning alone. Wait a minute ???
[/quote]

Do you mean you don't mind dying as long as it is happening to someone else too?
[/quote]And I use to think getting old would not be a problem because my school friends would age with me. After visiting my old friends, I realized I had been lying to myself for so many years.  ???

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1023024" timestamp="1310093833"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85390.msg1022853#msg1022853 date=1310058832]
[/quote]

Do you mean you don't mind dying as long as it is happening to someone else too?
[/quote]And I use to think getting old would not be a problem because my school friends would age with me. After visiting my old friends, I realized I had been lying to myself for so many years.  ???
[/quote]

We are all getting old.....er that it why it is so much fun to live vicariously through our children....It helps keep us young.....er for a little while longer.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1023042" timestamp="1310096145"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85390.msg1023024#msg1023024 date=1310093833]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85390.msg1022853#msg1022853 date=1310058832]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We are all getting old.....er that it why it is so much fun to live vicariously through our children....It helps keep us young.....er for a little while longer.
[/quote]I can't wait till my kids wake up in the morning so I can live another day through them ;D

Back to the topic.....lots complain about football coaches coming in and assuming coaching positions in late November and basketball not getting the respect it deserves. I know in Vidor, it is worse than that. No little dribblers, not much interest in basketball in jr high (or knowledge at the coaching level) and then these poor kids get a football coach for the 9th grade team. The last 2 years the 9th grade coach didnt know one thing about coaching basketball. Not. One. Thing.  So the jv players are effectively 3 years behind everybody else and thats before you factor in no little dribblers. No small wonder Vidor doesnt do well in basketball. Seems like all the focus is on a football team that makes the playoffs every decade or so and then gets eliminated in the first round.  To me, its one of the biggest problems of having a head football coach that is also the AD.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Coach Parker" post="1028257" timestamp="1311694430"]
So Vidor's Head Basketball coach get a full time assistant and his second assistant coaches football?  Most 4a schools around here have football coaches at both assistant jobs. 
[/quote]

So I take it you are tired of coaching Vidor Middle school and want a promotion to Vidor Varsity. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder