10 U OOC

I want to give some much deserved Accolades to the 10u OOC.. The ladies participated in the Splendora USFA 2nd annual warm up for the World Series.. These girls played 4 games on Saturday and 6 games (11 hours straight) in 95+ degree weather on Sunday..

They Battled back from the Loser Bracket all the way to the Championship game. With hearts, spirit and competivness as big as Texas they gave every ounce of everything they had each game.

The Championship game put the [b]OOC[/b] up against the Miken Stingerz and we fought hard..The girls were full of dirt, sweat and grit but In the end we walked away with 2nd place.. The Stingerz fought for their win, they had to earn it cause OOC wasn't gonna give it away.. with a 2-1 loss for OOC the girls showed them they had as much fight in them as the first game of the day!!!

I am so proud of the 10u OOC ladies.. I don't know many Adults who could play 11 hours of softball in that heat and give everything they have with every pitch, every swing of the bat and every run of the bases!!  

and a big hats off to the Miken Stingers.. They played a good ballgame!!  We'll get you next time!! LOL

Let's hear it SETX...
[b]GOOD JOB OOC!! [/b]  I am so proud of you..

[

Agree with ya, Miken is top notch and congrats to them.    I was proud of my OOC girls this weekend as they played disciplined ball.  Only 3 errors in 10 games!  That's the type of flawlessness we have to keep heading into the World Series.   On top of playing the Miken Stingers hard, they also had to chaulk up a one run win against the SK Lady Knights pitcher, which is one of the best.  Drove through some other tough Houston teams (Texas Cobra's, etc.) along the way.  Nothing was easy - Only 9 players in the heat, and our little pitcher was a warrior by pitching 6 games on Sunday.  Great job by all the girls.  Every position was a key contributer.  As far as runs, OOC 43 - Opponents 12.  Disciplined ball.  Scrappy defense.  Solid bats.  That's what it's all about.

Darren Swisher....

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="clcampbell" post="1020995" timestamp="1309195206"]
I get all veclempt just thinking about our girls!!   [glow=red,2,300]They performed like champions this weekend [/glow] - held it together even in the tough times.   
And Hats off to the Stingers your team is a class act (but yes be ready next time)
[/quote]

I tried to find "veclempt" in Merriam-Webster Online.  It's not there - what does it mean?

Congrats to both Miken Stingers and O.O.C!!! 
having a daughter on the Texas Cobras team, I would like to say that I am very proud of them!! They have come along way.  Athough we didn't place, I would rather come in 4th playing against some tough teams than playing teams with less experience and coming in 1st!!!

again Congratulations!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder