Kirbyville vs. WOS predictions

I've read all these post about WOS suppose to be the team to beat this coming up season. With that being said, what are yall predictions on this game considering both teams will have some SPEED at the running back position and good defenses? I'm hearing the Stangs are playing under the center this year.

[quote name="Don't slap PAM or Brooke  too hard with your pimp hand,Jags." post="1005578" timestamp="1304521856"]
Ford and Alverez is gone.  WO-S in a rout.  31-14.
[/quote] Rout huh? LOL.....give me a break, you don't believe that yourself! Kirbyville will have 3 or 4 speedy backs to deal with this year my friend.

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1005722" timestamp="1304550362"]
Brownwood by 7  :D
[/quote] LOL....get outta here with that! Kirbyville have alot of talent...most of their JV players were hanging around getting varsity experience last year. We'll see what happens....everybody think cause Coach Alvarez gone we're gonna be down. Coach Neece been our offensive coordinator since 2005 so nothing will change....same thing you see every year, hard running backs and a defense that will hit you in the mouth!

Kirbyville's coaching situation is a lot more unstable than WOS. Kirbyville may have some talent returning, but someone has to coach these kids into a cohesive unit. WOS has the upper hand there. First Quarterback Club meeting of the year tomorrow in Newton with WT giving an outlook. I don't believe Kirbyville's defense will be as strong without WT.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1005912" timestamp="1304600617"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=83891.msg1005722#msg1005722 date=1304550362]
[/quote]

are you crazy?  no way Kirbyville can stay within 7 of Brownwood.  Brownwood 165 Kville -14
[/quote] :D

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1005935" timestamp="1304604103"]
Kirbyville's coaching situation is a lot more unstable than WOS. Kirbyville may have some talent returning, but someone has to coach these kids into a cohesive unit. WOS has the upper hand there. First Quarterback Club meeting of the year tomorrow in Newton with WT giving an outlook. I don't believe Kirbyville's defense will be as strong without WT.
[/quote]

I dont think thing change all that much.  The Alvarez put in place that made the program so successful will still be in place.  Coach Neece has worked directly under and ran the offense of Alvarez for several years and Coach Williams has either played under, coached with or against Coach Alvarez. 

rykerx144 you got me courious so I did a computer generated program with all the Brownwood players and the Kirbyville players for next  year. I got this program from ''Jimmy the Greek" who used this program to set all his odds.
After putting in all the players with reference to size, speed, experience, coaching etc.. the computer spit out the results.......
KIRBYVILLE 35  BROWNWOOD34

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1006092" timestamp="1304628752"]
rykerx144 you got me courious so I did a computer generated program with all the Brownwood players and the Kirbyville players for next  year. I got this program from ''Jimmy the Greek" who used this program to set all his odds.
After putting in all the players with reference to size, speed, experience, coaching etc.. the computer spit out the results.......
KIRBYVILLE 35   BROWNWOOD34
[/quote] :D :D :D

;D[quote name="rykerx144" post="1005912" timestamp="1304600617"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=83891.msg1005722#msg1005722 date=1304550362]
[/quote]

are you crazy?  no way Kirbyville can stay within 7 of Brownwood.  Brownwood 165 Kville -14
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ....man u crazy!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1006406" timestamp="1304648284"]
;D[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=83891.msg1005912#msg1005912 date=1304600617]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ....man u crazy!
[/quote] :D

[/quote] No doubt about the talent....First QB club meeting?? Haywood already practicing for the upcoming season. Our offensive line is bigger than last season my friend. Defense will come around....trust me! The word on the street is that when WT heard Keandre Haywood was playing QB this up coming season.....he was gonna stack the line and blitz all game. We have three good receivers thats gonna surprise them Newton Eagles  ;)

[/quote]While I have the utmost respect for WT ... I think all three major teams are in for a transition period. I think either Kirbyville or Newton would, again, give WOS a hard time ... If you haven't noticed from post on the board ... Both of our coaching transitions were substantially smoother and less political than either WOS or Jasper ... These type of things tend to adversely effect the program .. Hopefully all coaches do well ... but go ahead and doubt Kirbyville ... May be a rough year next year during transition ... however, hopefully 2012 sees us going back down to 2A ... guess we would be have to fight Newton for district ..

I think the WOS coaching change was political from the fan stand point.  Coach Thompson ending up as head coach means a very smooth transition for the WOS players.  He has long been the backbone of the program and that is why there was such an outrcry at even the hint that he might not get the AD/HC position. 

I think WOS will hold their own against Kville.  I was proud of their effort last year and think the scoreboard will reflect a different outcome this year.  I wish the best for all three programs and hope the transition is smooth for the players sake.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1006807" timestamp="1304721535"]
I think the WOS coaching change was political from the fan stand point.  Coach Thompson ending up as head coach means a very smooth transition for the WOS players.  He has long been the backbone of the program and that is why there was such an outrcry at even the hint that he might not get the AD/HC position. 

I think WOS will hold their own against Kville.  I was proud of their effort last year and think the scoreboard will reflect a different outcome this year.  I wish the best for all three programs and hope the transition is smooth for the players sake.
[/quote] Should be a good one....Kirbyville have alot of talent.....like i said earlier, we had a bunch of jv players hanging around on varsity last season and now its time for them to step up and take care of business. We are so deep at the running back position until it aint even funny. Lafredrick will be miss, but i can promise you we still have boys that flat out FLY! I cant wait for the season to start.....DANG!!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="1006443" timestamp="1304649658"]
... but go ahead and [b]doubt Kirbyville[/b] ... May be a rough year next year during transition ... however, hopefully 2012 sees us going back down to 2A ... [b]guess we would be have to fight Newton for district [/b]..
[/quote]

Sounds like you are doubting EC to me. Last time I checked, EC is the reigning 2A Champions of SETX.   8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124