New HF basketball coach is...

Guest tamulonghorn

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="997579" timestamp="1302838277"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82787.msg997505#msg997505 date=1302825155]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=82787.msg997261#msg997261 date=1302793193]
All this talk...i'm ready to see some action...now that HF has named a coach can we start proper preparation to prevent poor performance?  When is open gym?  LET'S GET IT STARTED!
[/quote]

Well, the gym was open today and only 3 players were in it, all 3 being 2nd team JV players.

Where were the rest of them? ::)
[/quote]Mine was working out to play this weekend in a tournament.
[/quote]

How is your son able to work out for games this weekend when he can't even run during athletics? Is walking around the track reading a book considered working out?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Zoneblock" post="997843" timestamp="1302894410"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=82787.msg997608#msg997608 date=1302865778]
Did anybody check the weight room?
[/quote]

why dont you check it for us and come back and give us a full report.  Unbiased of course.
[/quote]

Why would there be any bias in the report you request?  Either they are there or they aren't.
Certainly glad there was no bias in your request.

Just wondering if after the hiring some are out there thinking that if HF waited, a better applicant would have surfaced?  With the job market being flooded with Houston, Dallas and other metroplex ISD's laying off, there had to boy coaches that would be available!! I mean from what I hear he is not "Quite the right shade" and he along with new supt. took tens of thousands of dollars in pay cuts to take their jobs at HF.  Just food for thought.  I don't think the kids are the problem, come game time these young men will be able to execute whatever the coach ask, just hope strategy is up to the golden triangles standards.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="997697" timestamp="1302883156"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=82787.msg997579#msg997579 date=1302838277]
All this talk...i'm ready to see some action...now that HF has named a coach can we start proper preparation to prevent poor performance?  When is open gym?  LET'S GET IT STARTED!
[/quote]

Well, the gym was open today and only 3 players were in it, all 3 being 2nd team JV players.

[/quote]

How is your son able to work out for games this weekend when he can't even run during athletics? Is walking around the track reading a book considered working out?
[/quote]Well as I guessed there is a mole at HF.  Hopefully, you will not give me any inkling that you know why he's not been LIFTING WEIGHTS in athletics b/c then that mole will be letting out personal medical info which is a no-no! Come Monday..I am sure the Mole will have more info for you..b/c now he wont be walking but just reading a book. The school is full of moles which is why I got such a chilly reception a couple weeks ago. Aggie the mole should beware...you are dangerous!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="998253" timestamp="1302926763"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82787.msg997697#msg997697 date=1302883156]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well as I guessed there is a mole at HF.  Hopefully, you will not give me any inkling that you know why he's not been LIFTING WEIGHTS in athletics b/c then that mole will be letting out personal medical info which is a no-no! Come Monday..I am sure the Mole will have more info for you..b/c now he wont be walking but just reading a book. The school is full of moles which is why I got such a chilly reception a couple weeks ago. Aggie the mole should beware...you are dangerous!
[/quote]

Just didn't understand why Dove said he was working out for games this weekend yet he couldn't workout at school and now according to you he will not even be able to walk. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="998265" timestamp="1302928626"]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=82787.msg998253#msg998253 date=1302926763]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82787.msg997697#msg997697 date=1302883156]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just didn't understand why Dove said he was working out for games this weekend yet he couldn't workout at school and now according to you he will not even be able to walk. ::)
[/quote]

Aggie - If I am reading this right you are questioning the heart of a champion at HF.  These kids are going to show everybody how basketball is meant to be played in the golden triangle.  If they do not workout during athletics like the rest of the students do that is simply because they should not be lumped in with them, they have a personal trainer and this weekend are playing top teams in Houston, while the other students at HF are playing on their Wii, talk about committed these men are the definition of the word.

So just from looking from the out side, what your saying that these championship players are on there own workout program. And they are working on their own skills with their personal trainers. But at what point are they going to become part of the TEAM at HF?? And at what point is it  going tocome to when the highschool coach tells them to run a play that  thier PESONAL Coach does not agree with..  Will they be part of the team at HF or the Superstar that is at HF just untill they move to the next level???

Can't believe that these kids are getting away with that. So as a parent you are condoning the fact that it is ok to not do as your coaches ask and do your own thing?  If a kid can get away with that I have a prediction for next year, the kid will avg 20 pts per game and HF will stay where they have been in the district. As I have said it looks like the problem was not with the coach but that the kids/parents did not agree with how the program was being run.  I knew the old coach and I think that this is the best thing to ever happen to him so that he does not have to be a part of this implosion that was wanted by a few with their own agenda.  Keep playing all that individual stuff gonna be great times over there.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="998401" timestamp="1302972678"]
Can't believe that these kids are getting away with that. So as a parent you are condoning the fact that it is ok to not do as your coaches ask and do your own thing?  If a kid can get away with that I have a prediction for next year, the kid will avg 20 pts per game and HF will stay where they have been in the district. As I have said it looks like the problem was not with the coach but that the kids/parents did not agree with how the program was being run.  I knew the old coach and I think that this is the best thing to ever happen to him so that he does not have to be a part of this implosion that was wanted by a few with their own agenda.  Keep playing all that individual stuff gonna be great times over there.
[/quote]Ignorance is hard to hide..in this case its BLARING! In the end, I don't really care what u or Aggie assume about my son. He had and has a legitimate medical reason for sitting out and continues 2 as late as last Friday. His Doctor is not some quack who just writes excuses when I ask. U r giving me far too much credit.  So wildcatter...u r void on facts. And IMPLOSION?  I am perplexed?  I no longeri dicuss the former coach...thats now the past and irrelevent to today. MOVE ON! So..I have made my point..u know nothing abt any personal matters w/ my sons medical conditions and again, if u do that's a huge problem w/ faculty that keeps rearing its ugly lil head & needs 2 be ceased and silenced today. "LOOSE LIPS...SINK SHIPS" So u & Aggie just keep talking and soon the mole will finally be revealed to us all.  Now...I am done letting u jerk my chain.

Wow, every coaches dream, having parents that know everything...DRAMA, unlike no other, never ending minor problems that make coaching so much fun. Let kids be kids, let coaches coach, sit back and enjoy .Let kids worry about this level, not the next one.It's supposed to be fun! Little Johnny is most likely not at the level you think he is..Most of the time the parents with the least experience in athletics, are the ones that are way over the top, too much into it, and the most clueless of all! Where is the big picture? Don't worry reality is on the way...........very soon!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="998714" timestamp="1303060428"]
If he has a medical reason to not workout at school (running), then how can he play in tourney games this weekend like Dove said he was preparing for? ::)
[/quote]

I have to admit the personal trainer has added to the boys skill set and they do not show that they are weaker, at least from what I have seen recently.  I guess each athlete can and should be treated differently.  Aggie you remember Red Auerbach and he used to say their are team rules and rules for Bill Russel I think ten rings later Red was right.  So give dove and the kids a break it is what it is and the proof will be in the rings that these boys promise to HF

[quote name="Choice" post="998798" timestamp="1303076438"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82787.msg998714#msg998714 date=1303060428]
If he has a medical reason to not workout at school (running), then how can he play in tourney games this weekend like Dove said he was preparing for? ::)
[/quote]

I have to admit the personal trainer has added to the boys skill set and they do not show that they are weaker, at least from what I have seen recently.  I guess each athlete can and should be treated differently.  Aggie you remember Red Auerbach and he used to say their are team rules and rules for Bill Russel I think ten rings later Red was right.  So give dove and the kids a break it is what it is and the proof will be in the rings that these boys promise to HF
[/quote]

Something tells me that you are forgetting to put a  ::) at the end of your posts. ;) ;D

[quote name="Choice" post="998798" timestamp="1303076438"]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D Did you just say Ring and HF in the same sentence ;D now that is a 0xymoron  :D They need to set their goals more reachable, like just making it too the playoffs...

We have used the personal trainer as well.  As a matter of fact 2 of HF players used the same one last year. He also still had to do UOS as well even though I detest it.  I am just blown away that as a parent we would let a kid miss workouts that ALLLLL the kids are doing becasue you as a parent don't like them and yet go and play a tourney all weekend.  As to the implosion, what happens if this coach doesn't do the drills etc that you like, will he be on the outside too?  If you wanted the team to get better why not get the team playing in tournaments?  There are local leagues, tourneys and such yet have never seen HF participate in one of these, especially since you have someone coaching aau team there instead.  Can't always be about Johnny.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="998714" timestamp="1303060428"]
[/quote]since u are soooo well connected then you would know surely that the physician's note never stated he could not run...somebody else's interpretation. Your sources suck media man. But then again..no explanation is owed to you...your not even a longhorn...just a nosey pot stirrer! So that's your last explanation....you'll have to just keep rolling w/ your misinformation and non-credible sources.

[quote name="mfd814" post="998849" timestamp="1303083255"]
does HF have off season basketball workouts in Spring?   :)

or is this universal off season workouts?  

Keep working hard guys.  Dove and Mamma when we gonna see each other at a tournament, seems to keep missing you guys?
[/quote]looks like we both are travelling different roads this oseason. YOU Guys have the foreign exchange students. UOS must be working, a kid asked this weekend if my 13 year old was on steroids LOL!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="998831" timestamp="1303080452"]
[/quote]since u are soooo well connected then you would know surely that the physician's note never stated he could not run...somebody else's interpretation. Your sources suck media man. But then again..no explanation is owed to you...your not even a longhorn...just a nosey pot stirrer! So that's your last explanation....you'll have to just keep rolling w/ your misinformation and non-credible sources.
[/quote]

If the physician's note never stated that he could not run, then why isn't he running during athletics like the rest of the students? He was walking around the track reading a book while the others were running. You even stated that he would not even walk come Monday, just read his book.

If he can't participate during athletics at school because of health reasons, how can he play multiple games this weekend?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder