New HF basketball coach is...

Guest tamulonghorn

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="998820" timestamp="1303079860"]
We have used the personal trainer as well.  As a matter of fact 2 of HF players used the same one last year. He also still had to do UOS as well even though I detest it.  I am just blown away that as a parent we would let a kid miss workouts that ALLLLL the kids are doing becasue you as a parent don't like them and yet go and play a tourney all weekend.  As to the implosion, what happens if this coach doesn't do the drills etc that you like, will he be on the outside too?  If you wanted the team to get better why not get the team playing in tournaments?  There are local leagues, tourneys and such yet have never seen HF participate in one of these, especially since you have someone coaching aau team there instead.  Can't always be about Johnny.
[/quote]
ALL kids are not equal.  That is why we have honors classes as well as AP and dual credit.  Your children are not on the same skill level as the Dove boys, do you disagree with that assessment?  As far as being coachable or a part of HF, they suit up for HF so that means to me that they are ALL IN and with their skill set and commitment they will bring home the ring.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="team first" post="998907" timestamp="1303093843"]
The ring? Lmao just dont get last in district. I know, I know just look at what my 8 grader did in the summer. To bad summer means jack sh it in regards to rings, or for hf 5th in district
[/quote]You're correct! But you obviously don't want to see HF fair well :P

Agree, all kids are not equal, but they still have the same workout at school.  I realize it is impossible for you to understand that the real issue that we are talking about is that for a year we have listened all about the dove boys.  I agree that the older one has talent not really anything earth shattering as to when I watched last season as he fouled out early in a conspiracy if i remember correct.  I think that our point has been that since you all have arrived on the scene over there you have done nothing but run down the program, to the point where a coach was lost.  Now, all we hear is how you don't like UOS to the point where now the kid can't(won't) do the workout that the rest of the "athletes"  have to do.  There is no mole, we are going on the info that you are providing.  Before the doves, I will say that no one ever talked about HF bball.  We still don't talk about it just the parents that think that they should run the program a certain way and if they don't then just get a note until the next tournament comes along.  Maybe the reason the other kids are not at open gym is that they did not have a note to walk or chose to participate with their team mates during the workout that the coach had them do and they were tired.

Dove i love these outsiders looking in,and for the ones on the inside and not trying to help the situation just be a help not a hinderence to the program,and yes dove boys or special but there has and always been talent at HF.come and join us this summer and help.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="998941" timestamp="1303097576"]
Agree, all kids are not equal, but they still have the same workout at school.  I realize it is impossible for you to understand that the real issue that we are talking about is that for a year we have listened all about the dove boys.  I agree that the older one has talent not really anything earth shattering as to when I watched last season as he fouled out early in a conspiracy if i remember correct.   I think that our point has been that since you all have arrived on the scene over there you have done nothing but run down the program, to the point where a coach was lost.  Now, all we hear is how you don't like UOS to the point where now the kid can't(won't) do the workout that the rest of the "athletes"  have to do.  There is no mole, we are going on the info that you are providing.  Before the doves, I will say that no one ever talked about HF bball.  We still don't talk about it just the parents that think that they should run the program a certain way and if they don't then just get a note until the next tournament comes along.  Maybe the reason the other kids are not at open gym is that they did not have a note to walk or chose to participate with their team mates during the workout that the coach had them do and they were tired.
[/quote]I said I don't like UOS? I did? Don't think so. You are so correct. Nobdy talked about HF basketball. Very good observation.But look now ;)  Maybe you're getting nervous because HF will dominate Orangefield the next several years. ;)

[quote name="dawg13" post="998970" timestamp="1303129831"]
Dove i love these outsiders looking in,and for the ones on the inside and not trying to help the situation just be a help not a hinderence to the program,and yes dove boys or special but there has and always been talent at HF.come and join us this summer and help.
[/quote]Me too! Can't we all just get along and have the same goals  8)

[quote name="stevenash" post="999029" timestamp="1303138177"]
Dove- When you bring home the 2012 Trophy, you will find that a lot of these detractors will disappear and then re-appear trying to be your friend.  Not me- as I said before, I want on this bandwagon early.
[/quote] :D The road still leads through Sour Lake, not Orangefield.

[quote name="team first" post="998746" timestamp="1303065766"]
Wow, every coaches dream, having parents that know everything...DRAMA, unlike no other, never ending minor problems that make coaching so much fun. Let kids be kids, let coaches coach, sit back and enjoy .Let kids worry about this level, not the next one.It's supposed to be fun! Little Johnny is most likely not at the level you think he is..Most of the time the parents with the least experience in athletics, are the ones that are way over the top, too much into it, and the most clueless of all! Where is the big picture? Don't worry reality is on the way...........very soon!
[/quote]Thats why I instill in players to enjoy the moment and have fun now. Take the ride as far as you can go with it. It don't last forever. Good points you make.

[quote name="stevenash" post="999029" timestamp="1303138177"]
Dove- When you bring home the 2012 Trophy, you will find that a lot of these detractors will disappear and then re-appear trying to be your friend.  Not me- as I said before, I want on this bandwagon early.
[/quote]

Nash, I thought you were going to continue to sore high with the Hawks?  You are not a fair weather friend are you?  Is this the old maxim, "If you can't beat them, join them"?

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999472" timestamp="1303228562"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=82787.msg999029#msg999029 date=1303138177]
Dove- When you bring home the 2012 Trophy, you will find that a lot of these detractors will disappear and then re-appear trying to be your friend.  Not me- as I said before, I want on this bandwagon early.
[/quote]

Nash, I thought you were going to continue to sore high with the Hawks?  You are not a fair weather friend are you?  Is this the old maxim, "If you can't beat them, join them"?
[/quote]Looks like the battle is taking place between HJ and HF for district next year, Silsbee in the hunt somewhere too  :o

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999472" timestamp="1303228562"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have never "sored" with the Hawks.  However, I may soar with them.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="999485" timestamp="1303230399"]
[quote author=Dove Hunter link=topic=82787.msg999472#msg999472 date=1303228562]
[/quote]

[/quote]Looks like the battle is taking place between HJ and HF for district next year, Silsbee in the hunt somewhere too  :o
[/quote]

I only hope that the Hawks can stay on the court when they encounter the 2011-2012 State Champs

[quote name="stevenash" post="999516" timestamp="1303234501"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I can deal with *sore* in place of *soar* after c'ing sew mulch errers atribulate frum da bord tyme tu tyme. We aull make dem dunt we?

[quote name="stevenash" post="999516" timestamp="1303234501"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nash, your cunning is never off.  Sure you may soar with the Hawks but jumping on the Dove's bandwagon might prove to be sore on the home front's ego.  What would little nash think?  Soaring with the wrong birds. :( 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="999547" timestamp="1303237208"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=82787.msg999516#msg999516 date=1303234501]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nash, your cunning is never off.  Sure you may soar with the Hawks but jumping on the Dove's bandwagon might prove to be sore on the home front's ego.  What would little nash think?  Soaring with the wrong birds. :( 
[/quote]

Nice attempt at a recovery there Dove Hunter.  You missed it "That
much." ;D

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="999598" timestamp="1303241370"]
Who is the new coach at HF?
[/quote]

Anthony Decello, girls basketball coach at Tyler Lee. Decello was the girls basketball coach at Kountze a few years ago. I believe this is his first high school boys team.

He is a good basketball coach but if a certain freshman and soph. doesn't start on varsity next season, he will be thrown under the bus by "some". ;) ::)

Decello is walking into a tough spot as the HF Longhorns are predicted to be the odds on favorites to win the state championship next season. ( that was my best stevenash ;D)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="999627" timestamp="1303244994"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=82787.msg999598#msg999598 date=1303241370]
[/quote]

Anthony Decello, girls basketball coach at Tyler Lee. Decello was the girls basketball coach at Kountze a few years ago. I believe this is his first high school boys team.

He is a good basketball coach but if a certain freshman and soph. doesn't start on varsity next season, he will be thrown under the bus by "some". ;) ::)

Decello is walking into a tough spot as the HF Longhorns are predicted to be the odds on favorites to win the state championship next season. ( that was my best stevenash ;D)
[/quote]
Aggie - I saw on SETX how hard most were on the Knight hiring at Lamar; and I know that Decello is a coach that has won a ton, but even you said there was rumbling about his ethnic background are you surprised how little is made of not being a coach that has not coached boys recently.  Would you agree this could be compared to coaching in the NCAA to NBA??  The jump from girls to boys can't be that easy. Last thing friends from the Tyler area have all made comments about Decello and his 100% passion for the game, that will cause HUGE issues with UOS and he has been known to be harsh or extremely blunt is his language, Coach Price has never said or would condone profanity in his program.  These are all concerns that will need to be addressed 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="999627" timestamp="1303244994"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=82787.msg999598#msg999598 date=1303241370]
[/quote]

[/quote]
;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124