JASPER TOURNAMENT THREAD/POST UPDATES HERE!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="980522" timestamp="1299774337"]
Thursday games:

Vidor 17, Center 8
Hemphill over Center
Hemphill 12, WOS 9
Silsbee 13, Livingston 3 (5)
Jasper 10, Livingston 0

Friday games:

Vidor 7, Silsbee 6
Silsbee 12, Huntsville 8
Huntsville vs. West Orange-Stark, 2:30 p.m.
Livingston vs. Center, 5:00 p.m.
Jasper vs. Hemphill, 7:30 p.m.
[/quote]

Looks like the smallest school in the tourney is making some noise. Way to go Hornets.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="982024" timestamp="1299971454"]
Does anybody have anything from this tournament?

Scheduled Saturday games:

Livingston vs. West Orange-Stark, 9:30 a.m.
Vidor vs. Huntsville, 12:00 p.m.
Jasper vs. Huntsville, 2:30 p.m.
Jasper vs. Silsbee, 5:00 p.m.

[/quote]

Livingston 11 WOS 2

Vidor 10 Huntsville 2

Silsbee Jasper tie 5-5 in 8 innings. Silsbee tied it up in the top of 7.  Silsbee was down 5-0 at one point. This era of the Tigers don't quit, they just keep battling even through the errors we came back. We need to get a handle on the errors, do that and the close losses and tie games will turn into wins. Go Tigers!!!

Jasper played a good game, Jacob Soisson stepped up and pitched 5 inning's he play's short stop. His first time on the mound since 8th grade, that goes to prove what kind of talent we have. There were a few mistake's they have to improve on, we left to many player's on base. Jasper will get stronger as we go into the season. GOOD LUCK DOG'S                Jasper 5 Silsbee 5

Pitching rotation in J town just got deeper. Does that make him the No. 2 pitcher- jk. Great game and hope to see more like that soon like Silsbee/BC and Jasper / Hudson. So many little things that could change a games outcome without ever getting another hit. Both team getting more confident and will both get better as the season progresses. Go Dogs.

[quote name="dawgpound" post="982477" timestamp="1300121026"]
Jasper 3rd baseman, Junior-Drake Floyd pitched a complete game against Huntsville getting a "W".  Not too bad for him and Soisson, [b]two guys that are normally infielders and not in the pitching rotation[/b].
[/quote]

This is when you start finding your diamonds...  ;)

[quote name="j_dog" post="982574" timestamp="1300134369"]
Every year it seems that Coach Mixon successfully brings someone in to pitch that had not been a pitcher. 
[/quote]

It seems to me every year he has a new standout pitcher that we've never heard of.....!!!!!!

[quote name="j_dog" post="982574" timestamp="1300134369"]
Every year it seems that Coach Mixon successfully brings someone in to pitch that had not been a pitcher. 
[/quote]

I could be wrong but I seem to remember this kid pitching in little league and junior league(13-14).  I don't think this is a kid who has never pitched.

[quote name="westend1" post="983035" timestamp="1300215675"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=81538.msg982574#msg982574 date=1300134369]
[/quote]

I could be wrong but I seem to remember this kid pitching in little league and junior league(13-14).  I don't think this is a kid who has never pitched.
[/quote]
almost every kid pitches some in little league it seems to me.  I will rephrase.  Every year it seems that Coach Mixon successfully brings someone in to pitch that had not been a pitcher on Mixon's varsity high school team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Kangaroo court fail:  Trump tops Joebama in Pennsylvania! From the article:  " "Pennsylvania, a state that certified President Joe Biden the winner in 2020, is looking like Trump Country, according to the latest NPR/Marist poll. This poll of 1,181 registered voters in Pennsylvania was  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  June 3-6, 2024, days after a kangaroo court in Manhattan turned former President Donald Trump into a convicted felon (for now). The beauty of this poll is that it shows nothing’s changed. While this is the first NPR/Marist poll of Pennsylvania, it still shows Trump leading His Fraudulency by two points, 47 to 45 percent, which is perfectly in line with all the pre-phony-conviction  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  out of Pennsylvania. So what we have here is yet another poll that says Joe Biden and the Democrat Party burned down the American justice system for no reason." This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • A lot more than that crackhead biden on the right.  
    • You have to have good pitching to win in the majors and Houston has very few good ones I don’t think the GM did a very good job in the offseason in trying to acquire any good ones and we are seeing the results They also need a 1st baseman that can hit
    • Make America Great Again vs Death To America…sounds about right.
    • Not desperate. Just not blinded. Bannon will finally be where he belongs with n July 1. Prison. He talks a lot about holding others “accountable”. It’s his turn now.  He is a disgrace and the propaganda outlet he founded is morally bankrupt
  • Topics