Prayers have been answered..........

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="979469" timestamp="1299611749"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=81360.msg979464#msg979464 date=1299592503]
Tim Floyd?????[/quote]

Don't put any stock in that Sleepy.  UNLV's only trying to dredge up an old argument about how LU passed on a coach who went on to later have success
[/quote]
LU passed up on Coach K, Roy Williams and Tom Izzo also at some point!!!  ;D

Floyd isn't the only successful head coach Lamar has interviewed and gone in a different direction. Bob West wrote an article one time of the coaches either interested in Lamar or LU interviewed and ended up hiring someone else. There were at least 5 names people would recognize he mentioned in his article.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="979553" timestamp="1299616722"]
But they actually interviewed Floyd.
[/quote]
Yeah imagine that...They didn't even so much as send a letter of interest to the other guys when they were available. ::)

Point is every program passes on someone that makes it big at some point. Even the big dogs get it wrong sometimes!

[quote name="badndn" post="979570" timestamp="1299618839"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=81360.msg979553#msg979553 date=1299616722]
But they actually interviewed Floyd.
[/quote]
Yeah imagine that...They didn't even so much as send a letter of interest to the other guys when they were available. ::)

Point is every program passes on someone that makes it big at some point. Even the big dogs get it wrong sometimes!
[/quote]

Lamar seems to get it wrong a lot of times!!

Lamar interviewed Del Harris as well and turned him down.  Who knows if Tim Floyd would have been succesful here.  We have had like 6 or 7 coaches since then none of which have been successful.  One of them being Billy Tubbs who is a hall of famer. All of you guys want a proven head coach???  Mike Deane was as proven of a head coach that we could ever get and he failed.  I want us to try another young and up and comer who has ties to the state of Texas or is a product of a really good recruiter.  Roc did not work and I must admit I thought he would.  With that said I want to try someone of his breed again.  I hear an assistant at K-State is interested as well.  Hell..........who knows!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder