Hey Dogs1218.......I'll be in Hunstville Friday night if you need me..........

[quote name="86hawk" post="976696" timestamp="1299183549"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81176.msg976691#msg976691 date=1299183273]
Abe- I think you are exactly right.  I think many tend to get over enamored with individual talent and not sufficiently enamored with a teams ability to function as a team.  If I remember all of the talk on her in the last couple of days correctly, Nederland also had "no way" to stay with Humble.  Again, I think the skepticism works to Nederlands advantage.  Many also assume that if a team is from or near the "big city" then nobody can compete with them.  I guess we will find out soon and I have high hopes for Nederland to prove the naysayers wrong.
[/quote]
i will admit i was one of those that predicted defeat for Nederland.  Not trying to be negative, but didn't think they could pull it off.  I feel the same way this week, i just don't think they have enough to pull it off.  It would be great to see it Nederland pull off the upset and take a bite of crow.
[/quote]

No sweat Hawk. I picked Cleveland over HJ. Since HJ won though, I am NOW a believer and will pick themto win from here on. It just took ONE BIG win like that to convince me. Nederland has beat EVERY 4A team they've played this yr, and I think they deserve the same respect that HJ has.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see where people are disrespecting Nederland. Is picking Ball to win not showing respect to Nederland?

I can see if folks were making claims that Nederland has "no chance" or will get "beat down", but I haven't seen these remarks.

I totally respect what Coach English and the Bulldogs have accomplished, not only this season but last year as well. But if I am being labeled as "disrespectful" or "showing no respect" because I pick Ball to win by 4 points or less over Nederland, then I don't know what to say about that. ::)

That's what I was thinking, Lazeek.  Seriously, you can respect a team and still call them underdogs in a game where they're well, underdogs.  I'm an HJ boy through and through, and I didn't have any problem with the fact that they weren't favored.  I knew they had a chance to win, though, and they did.  This is the same case with Nederland.  They're playing a better team than any they've faced all season, who's played a tougher schedule than Nederland with a similar record and a higher ranking.  It's okay for Nederland to be an underdog.  I'm not saying they don't have a chance, because they do, and I'm not saying I don't want them to win, because I do.

[quote name="stevenash" post="976633" timestamp="1299180782"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81176.msg976626#msg976626 date=1299180340]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=81176.msg976562#msg976562 date=1299176573]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81176.msg976559#msg976559 date=1299176407]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=81176.msg976553#msg976553 date=1299175979]
[quote author=CoachKfan link=topic=81176.msg976416#msg976416 date=1299169399]
If this dog18 doesn't think HJ is one of the TOP teams in the area, if not THE top, I can't imagine what basketball he's been watching!!!  Congratulations to Coach English and the Nyb tederland team.  He has done a great job over there and the HJ fans will be pulling for them!
[/quote]

HJ is having a great season, no doubt. THE top team in the area...come on! Silsbee beat them twice, Nederland, Central, and LC-M(?) also beat them. They are a solid team, but not better than Silsbee or Nederland (regardless the fact that Silsbee is already out-they beat them twice!)
[/quote]

Abe, you are probably right but I am betting  they are more improved over the past 3 weeks than anyone else in this area.
[/quote]

I'm NOT going to argue with that! After their win last night, I'm on board...Unlike AAW and Soulja NOT being on board w/Nederland. Come on guys...what's it going to take???
[/quote]

Everyone is pulling for Nederland, but they are still going to be underdogs the rest of the year.  Now that Cleveland and Silsbee are gone, HJ is actually a favorite to get to state.
[/quote]

R U sure about that?  Wouldnt it be logical to think that perhaps Sealy is now the favorite by virtue of beating a team that went 2-0 against HJ?
[/quote]
No Sealy is not the favorite, yes they beat the Tigers and yes they outplayed us that night. But we had a bad night shooting and may have come out flat in the second half due to uncontrollable circumstances. No excuse. HJ still is the favorite, too much history and experience on the court and the sideline.

Mexia  #10 (Beat Chapel Hill (OT) and Lufkin Hudson)
HJ  #11 (Beat Huffman, Stafford and #3 Cleveland)
Athens (Beat #24 Groesbeck and Lorena)
Sealy (Beat Giddings, #6 Silsbee and Navasota)

On paper the best two teams seem to be playing tomorrow night in the 6:15 Semi-Final game, but that is why they play the games.  Take it one game at a time and focus only on the team that you are on the floor with.  HJ focus on the Mexia and may the best team win!!!

Directed at Sleepy from an Angered and Fed-up Bulldog:

"If you want to make a statement by saying we only beat HJ cause their 2 players were out, well we had Forney out too, so if you still wanna ride with that same piss poor excuse, we can play right now and still smash yall even with all yalls players. Im a senior in my 4th year as a manager/ extra assistant coach and the one thing I have learned is that HJ rubs it in your face when they win, but when they lose, there is always an Excuse! Thats what I call CLASSLESS!"