Roc's LAST game at the Montagne???

Guest txstateassassin2011

Guest txstateassassin2011
Here's a good reason everyone should attend Wednesday's game against Texas State: It COULD be Roc's last game EVER at the Montagne Center.

In fact, there's a good chance it will be his last game, regardless of the outcome, since he will either take the buyout, take another job coaching at a bigger school as an assistant, or be relieved of his head coach duties. 

So who wants to come to the game as a sendoff to Lamar's great coach (75 wins-77 losses)???

i hate that he couldn't get it done, but he couldn't...time to move on. btw...someone close to him needs to tell him that he needs to be a pretty damn good coach to pull off that hairdo. i mean if you're an awesome coach you can pull it off...if not you just look stupid.

Would love to dream of it happening, but it won't.  Watched Texas loose to K-State last night and had Barnes not been punishing Brown for not following the script they might have pulled it out.  My opinion "Barnes ego has gotten in the way of his teams performance and Roc has a bigger ego.

[quote name="UNLV" post="974826" timestamp="1299024470"]
Roc has the most talented team in the SLC, super recruiter. He just don't have the X and O skills.

However what if ROC win out, then win the SLC tourney, then win a game in the NCAA.
[/quote]

They would let him keep his job for another year.....BUT, we would be a 16 seed and get someone like Duke, or Ohio State....BYU or Kansas...Do you really think we can't beat one of them?

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="974979" timestamp="1299033210"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=81047.msg974826#msg974826 date=1299024470]
Roc has the most talented team in the SLC, super recruiter. He just don't have the X and O skills.

However what if ROC win out, then win the SLC tourney, then win a game in the NCAA.
[/quote]

They would let him keep his job for another year.....BUT, we would be a 16 seed and get someone like Duke, or Ohio State....BYU or Kansas...Do you really think we can't beat one of them?
[/quote]

HEck yes we can beat them................ ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="974690" timestamp="1299015470"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=81047.msg974673#msg974673 date=1299013531]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5orI8swuMIY
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!

That would be classic if folks started doing that tomorrow night if Lamar is losing late in the game.
[/quote]More classless than classic.  He still needs to go.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="975037" timestamp="1299036248"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=81047.msg974979#msg974979 date=1299033210]
[/quote]
[/quote]
HEck yes we can [b]beat[/b] them................ ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D
[/quote]
That would be the only way LU could win over any of them...BEAT Them with something!!! ;D

[quote name="badndn" post="975378" timestamp="1299094734"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81047.msg975037#msg975037 date=1299036248]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=81047.msg974979#msg974979 date=1299033210]
[/quote]
[/quote]
HEck yes we can [b]beat[/b] them................ ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D
[/quote]
That would be the only way LU could win over any of them...BEAT Them with something!!! ;D

[/quote]

:D

[quote name="becktobigs" post="975292" timestamp="1299086838"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81047.msg974690#msg974690 date=1299015470]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=81047.msg974673#msg974673 date=1299013531]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5orI8swuMIY
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!

That would be classic if folks started doing that tomorrow night if Lamar is losing late in the game.
[/quote]More classless than classic.  He still needs to go.
[/quote]

that should only be used for tom abatemarco........

While I believe it is time for Roc to go, I won't be surprised to see him get the last year of his contract.  This years team could legitimately have completed this season with only two losses.  In every game, other than Texas and SMU they had a lead (even if it was only one point) in the last five minutes and the majority of the team is back next year.  Two seniors to replace and while both were contributors neither were consistent difference makers.

[quote name="geezer" post="976034" timestamp="1299125885"]
While I believe it is time for Roc to go, I won't be surprised to see him get the last year of his contract.  This years team could legitimately have completed this season with only two losses. [b] In every game, other than Texas and SMU they had a lead (even if it was only one point) in the last five minutes[/b] and the majority of the team is back next year.  Two seniors to replace and while both were contributors neither were consistent difference makers.
[/quote]

There line right there sounds like they're not well conditioned.

I believe it is in mental conditioning.  To win close games you have to play smart.  You can not have a one or two point lead and come down the court and take a quick shot unless it is a very high percentage shot.  Lamar would get the lead or have the other team making a run and help them by throwing up a long 3 point attempt with no rebounders and 30 seconds left on the time clock or pushing the ball into a turnover.  The other thing you have to do is make free throws.

While Coach Roc needs to go, I would not be shocked if he stays one more year, unless someone ( individual) steps up and buys out the contract. The Texas economy is going to be a huge factor in the next few years and $125,000 to "get-rid" of a coach is not going to be looked at in a favorable light right now.

And I could be totally wrong.....and I hope that I am..... :-\

Next years attendance will depend on the schedule and the record end if story.  If Roc is gone there may be a few less that don't keep their season tickets, but if the new team is not winning and is still playing D-II teams in the ooc then attendance will continue to fall.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami