Lamar vs. SHSU Updates..LU Loses!!!!!

KFDM COOP

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="973536" timestamp="1298776619"]
Roc is an embarrassment to Lamar University!!!!!!  5 years are up......dont let the door hit your ace on the way out.  Do the university a favor and just quit so Tidwell and Simmons dont have to look like the bad guys!!!!
[/quote]

Didnt they hire him because of his recruiting talents/abilities?

Roc still has a year left on his deal. LU is too cheap to buy him out. He is not going anywhere. He has friends in high places. I promise you. Not buying tickets next year isn't going to make a difference because nobody buys tickets to the game anyway. If you want Roc gone then pony up the cash for the buyout or offer up money for a more suitable replacement.

Coach Hooten doesn't get enough credit.He had a tough act to follow and a senior laden club he had to win over.Sam sholuld make the tournament and the games they have lost have been close so it should be interesting.I have been going to LU games for years and it's really sad to see how far the program has fallen.

ROCK .. needs to go and go soon .. hes horrible .. very overrated as a coach and can't get a team motivated ... uy him out and get this program back in the right direction .. and i agree .. if hes any man about it he will resign .. and Lamar needs to go after a good quality coach and get back to winning .. enough said .. ROCK PLEASE GO !!!!!

I like many others am thinking of not renewing my season tickets I have had since the last year of Foster. This is a total embarrassment for Lamar.  A great recruiting class with loads of talent and it was a total waste. Roc is not a motivator and in my opinion has the ability to take a good player and bring out the worst in him.  His method of having " the  right players in the game" sucks.

Let me preface what I am about to say with this:  I think Coy is a fine young man, a good student, probably works his arce off in  practice, and a good leader. I wish him the very best at whatever endeavors he may pursue.  He is not a good player. He is a percentage player.  By this I mean if you pass the ball to him, it is 50% he will catch it,  50% chance it will be stolen away if he does catch it,  100% he will put it on the floor if going to the basket, 50% or less he will finish the shot strongly.   Last night I saw several balls hit him in the hands and could not hold on.  His rebounding is terrible and twice I saw a lay ups by a SAM player behind him and he didn't even know it.  This from our senior post  player and worst than that Roc left him in!!!!!!!!!  BIg O has a way to go but he can a least catch a pass, rebound, and score.

One more thought. A lot has been said about Lamar not having the bucks to pay Roc off. Maybe Lazeek or coach can answer this, is there a NCAA rule about the number of assistant coaches a team has?  If not why couldn't the pay Roc his next years salary, fire him, and make Tic "INTERIM" coach for next year.  That way Lamar is not out of any additional money and it would give Lamar a whole year to find a replacement coach.  I am NOT a Tic fan but this is a way out without costing anything and if you tell him he will be considered for the HC job contingent on his performance it would keep him motivated to win?

Why in the heck did they give Roc a SIX year contract at $135K per year to begin with?  He was NEVER a head coach before this job, and being a local guy that loves LAMAR, did they even have to pay him that much?  If he loves LAMAR as much as he says he does, he would quit after this season and not take the money.

Yep, Coach Roc has another year on his contract but instead of having to buyout two years of his contract we only need to buy out one. If Lamar doesn't want to fire him for some reason I don't know they can reassign him to another position within the athletic department for a year.

I think Coach Roc sees the writing on the wall and he will be looking in a high profiled assistant gig if he hasn't already started.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder