HJ vs Cleveland

BADSANTA

[quote name="True Blue" post="974105" timestamp="1298915720"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80948.msg974099#msg974099 date=1298914965]
[quote author=jettyman link=topic=80948.msg974047#msg974047 date=1298910463]
X rays confirmed, Persohn does have a broken bone in his hand. 
[/quote]What type of brace does he have?  Is it going to affect his play much.

I say that because Joe can really drive from the free throw line to his left and shoot a lay up with his left hand really well for a big man. 

On the other hand, if it means Joe won't dribble while he's in traffic in the lane, that may be a good thing.  (If I were a coach, I'd make every post run laps whenever they try in dribble through traffic!)
[/quote] The Dribble in traffic, does not get to me as much as the aircheck by the big men at the goal!!!! Just catch it high and shot it high.. When you bring it down, you go from 6'7'' to 5'5'' >:(
[/quote]Isn't that the same thing that happens when you rebound it, then dribble, then go back up?

Drives me nuts!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All though dogs1218 has not seen a game this season, it hasn't stopped him from picking games correctly. ;)

Here are the results after the first two playoff pick'ems:

Standings thru two games:

19Bulldog99                    24-7        77%
dogs1218                        24-7        77%
KHSAlum400                    24-7      77%
Bobcat05                        23-8        74%
Nederland B-DogFan          23-8        74%
ozenfanclub                    23-8        74%
SteelerCzy                      23-8        74%
u_dnt_kno_me                  23-8        74%
86hawk                          22-9        70%
AAW                              22-9        70%
jabu84                            22-9        70%
nuthinbutnet                    22-9        70%
PoppaBearstarr                22-9        70%
Someone's Dad                22-9        70%
DOGS1988                      21-10      67%
5gallonbucket                  20-11      64%
6thman                          20-11      64%
BigRed42                          20-11      64%
eagleswoodville#1            20-11      64%
Got Heart? We Do            20-11      64%
ST413                            19-12        61%
Scooter                          17-14        54%

Not too bad for living in Florida. ;D

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="974204" timestamp="1298929240"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=80948.msg974195#msg974195 date=1298927539]
Unless I am blinde or cannot interpret my own sentence all I stated were opinions..........am I not entitled to those?
[/quote]Well sure, but you're not the only one that seems to hound dogs every time he doesn't jump into lockstep behind our beloved Hawks.  From what I've read on these forums these last few years, one would think it is a sin to not back the Hawks 100%.

BTW, evidently its also a sin to misspell a word!  ;)
[/quote]

I think everyone, including myself, just got a little offended with some of his comments early on, like "mop the Floor" and HJ has nowhere the team they have had the last few seasons, based solely on the outcome of the HJ Ned. game earlier this year, we just all disagreed. We even tried to tell him that Nederland was just a lot better this year, but he didn't buy that either. I think with Nederlands long playoff run it proves they are much better than many of their teams in the past.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="974212" timestamp="1298930822"]I think everyone, including myself, just got a little offended with some of his comments early on, like "mop the Floor" and HJ has nowhere the team they have had the last few seasons, based solely on the outcome of the HJ Ned. game earlier this year, we just all disagreed. We even tried to tell him that Nederland was just a lot better this year, but he didn't buy that either. I think with Nederlands long playoff run it proves they are much better than many of their teams in the past.
[/quote]Oh, I know.  But, in my opinion, it was an accurate prediction.  Silsbee was simply incredible early in the season, and we were getting beat by Nederland (where we did look admittedly AWFUL!), LCM and Central.  And although we had faith that the Hawks would play well against Silsbee, I don't think any of us would have been [u][b]completely [/b][/u]surprised if they didn't "mop the floor" with us that night!  Sometimes you guys just got to let it go.  

Not everyone is going to be a Hawk Believer.... Maybe that's what makes us special!

And besides, there's nothing sweeter than beating a team that everyone thought was going to crush you!!!!!  That's what made the last two playoff games against Cleveland so special!  Navasota comes to mind, also!   8)

You know, I think dogs is right..... we do live in the past sometimes!  But that's very easy to do when you have a history to brag about, eh?  Maybe dogs is envious?  ;)

Couldnt disagree more.  Aforementioned individual "went after" the Hawks as well as their supporters with comments that he felt he  was entitled to make.  You and he should both realize that those type of comments will cause responses (that said responders were ALSO ENTITLED to make)  When you make statements that begin with words such as "My hate (for HJ) comes from", any reasonable person is bound to expect someone to answer that comment.  So, in this case, I dont believe the answer is for everyone to sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya.  I believe if you are big enough to make the remark, you don't need to be defended by anyone else and you are big enough to expect and/or deal with the responses/consequences.

Additionally, the "mop the floor" prediction wasn't within a 100 miles of being remotely accurate since HJ led Silsbee for a goodly portion of the game.  After that enlightened prediction failed to bear fruit, the next prediction was, and I quote" The athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ".  So once again, I disagree- neither prognostication was close in any way.

[quote name="stevenash" post="974238" timestamp="1298934074"]
Couldnt disagree more.  Aforementioned individual "went after" the Hawks as well as their supporters with comments that he felt he  was entitled to make.  You and he should both realize that those type of comments will cause responses (that said responders were ALSO ENTITLED to make)  When you make statements that begin with words such as "My hate (for HJ) comes from", any reasonable person is bound to expect someone to answer that comment.  So, in this case, I dont believe the answer is for everyone to sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya.  I believe if you are big enough to make the remark, you don't need to be defended by anyone else and you are big enough to expect and/or deal with the responses/consequences.[/quote]Couldn't disagree more.  Aforementioned individual's comments should have been debated for a day or so, but, Good Lord People, it's been 3 months almost!!!!! 

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80948.msg974238#msg974238 date=1298934074]Additionally, the "mop the floor" prediction wasn't within a 100 miles of being remotely accurate since HJ led Silsbee for a goodly portion of the game.  After that enlightened prediction failed to bear fruit, the next prediction was, and I quote" The athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ".  So once again, I disagree- neither prognostication was close in any way.
[/quote]Couldn't disagree more.  The predictions were well-founded.  The predictions just didn't come true.

I've made some wrong predictions and you've made some wrong predictions.  But I don't see anyone reminding me of those mis-predictions 3 months later.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="974263" timestamp="1298938760"]
And as many in the past have posted..........if you don't like it don't read it!!!!!!!
[/quote]My response is, dedicate a thread to "dogs1218 doesn't know HJ basketball from a hole in the ground".  And while you're at it, create a thread "BadSanta doesn't pay $1000 bets".  ;)

Then it will be easy to "don't like it, don't read it".  But when you hi-jack every thread that involves dogs1218 and HJ basketball, its sort of hard to "don't like it, don't read it". ::)

[quote name="bullets13" post="974164" timestamp="1298921408"]
[quote author=Malcolm X link=topic=80948.msg973963#msg973963 date=1298903660]
Big parking lot brawls the last few years...If Hj beats Cleveland again, history may repeat itself :o Xtra security for this one!!
[/quote]

got to see the brawl last year... pretty ridiculous.
[/quote]Did nash start it?

[quote name="no-look" post="974288" timestamp="1298942675"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=80948.msg974164#msg974164 date=1298921408]
[quote author=Malcolm X link=topic=80948.msg973963#msg973963 date=1298903660]
Big parking lot brawls the last few years...If Hj beats Cleveland again, history may repeat itself :o Xtra security for this one!!
[/quote]

got to see the brawl last year... pretty ridiculous.
[/quote]Did nash start it?
[/quote]Yeah, I think a Cleveland fan had a sign that said, "HJ Sux" and Nash pointed out how to properly spell "sucks"!!  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="974260" timestamp="1298938626"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80948.msg974238#msg974238 date=1298934074]
Couldnt disagree more.  Aforementioned individual "went after" the Hawks as well as their supporters with comments that he felt he  was entitled to make.  You and he should both realize that those type of comments will cause responses (that said responders were ALSO ENTITLED to make)  When you make statements that begin with words such as "My hate (for HJ) comes from", any reasonable person is bound to expect someone to answer that comment.  So, in this case, I dont believe the answer is for everyone to sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya.  I believe if you are big enough to make the remark, you don't need to be defended by anyone else and you are big enough to expect and/or deal with the responses/consequences.[/quote]Couldn't disagree more.  Aforementioned individual's comments should have been debated for a day or so, but, Good Lord People, it's been 3 months almost!!!!! 

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80948.msg974238#msg974238 date=1298934074]Additionally, the "mop the floor" prediction wasn't within a 100 miles of being remotely accurate since HJ led Silsbee for a goodly portion of the game.  After that enlightened prediction failed to bear fruit, the next prediction was, and I quote" The athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ".  So once again, I disagree- neither prognostication was close in any way.
[/quote]Couldn't disagree more.  The predictions were well-founded.  The predictions just didn't come true.

I've made some wrong predictions and you've made some wrong predictions.  But I don't see anyone reminding me of those mis-predictions 3 months later.
[/quote]  Excuse me, but " the predictions were well founded" is strictly a matter of personal perspective .(perhaps you thought so and I didn't )and you have not identified yourself as a hater of any school may be why nobody has taken you to task about your predictions)  My feelings are that the results suggest they werent so well founded.   

[quote name="stevenash" post="974296" timestamp="1298943571"]
Excuse me, but " the predictions were well founded" is strictly a matter of personal perspective .(perhaps you thought so and I didn't )and you have not identified yourself as a hater of any school may be why nobody has taken you to task about your predictions)   My feelings are that the results suggest they werent so well founded.   
[/quote]Maybe so.  And that was a great topic about 10 - 11 weeks ago............

Maybe that's just my opinion.................

[quote name="stevenash" post="974304" timestamp="1298945118"]
Sure- we have differing opinions and there is nothing wrong with that.    And while it wasn't a great topic 10 or 11 weeks ago, it certainly was about 6 weeks ago.
[/quote]Oh its been only 6 weeks?  OK, I take everything back. 

dogs, you're own your own, you Hawk-hater you!!!!!

BTW, when does the statute of limitations end on all anti-HJ idiots?  ???

FanintheStands, thank you for at least trying to help these guys understand 8) I have my opinions about HJ and I havent been scared away from the criticism that I knew I would receive.. I am envious of HJ's success.. Who wouldnt be? But to assume that your teams history must always be true is retarded.. :D I made predictions about the HJ vs. Silsbee, the fact of HJ not playing Silsbee more than 2 times, and HJ not beating Cleveland IF they played.. I also said that HJ wouldnt be a top team like they normally are.. Sorry to offend people here, I knew it would since most people on this forum have strong ties or affiliations with Hardin Jefferson.. Chill out and enjoy basketball guys ;D ;D

As for AAW, Thank you for pointing that out ;) :D Didnt want to jinx how good I was doing! Now Im set-up for a bad week..

Excuse me again, but I believe that history is true.  If it wasn't true, then how could it be history? Perhaps you meant it was erroneous to predict the future by extrapolating history.  I promise to let this go just as soon as you [font=Verdana]show me[/font] where any HJ follower was guilty of said extrapolation. There is hardly anything wrong with pointing out that, as an example, HJ beat Cleveland a year ago when they were also given no chance to do so.  Pointing that out is NOT an assumption of future results but rather an effort to illustrate that anything can happen in the playoffs.  Even though I am a biased HJ supporter, I see nothing arrogant or assumptive about  making those statements.  Please give me an example (valid of course and without needing a conclusion) and I will be silent on this subject.  I am not sure what the correct definition of a top team is, but I can say that HJ is still playing.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="974206" timestamp="1298929583"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80948.msg974105#msg974105 date=1298915720]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80948.msg974099#msg974099 date=1298914965]

I say that because Joe can really drive from the free throw line to his left and shoot a lay up with his left hand really well for a big man. 

On the other hand, if it means Joe won't dribble while he's in traffic in the lane, that may be a good thing.  (If I were a coach, I'd make every post run laps whenever they try in dribble through traffic!)
[/quote] The Dribble in traffic, does not get to me as much as the aircheck by the big men at the goal!!!! Just catch it high and shot it high.. When you bring it down, you go from 6'7'' to 5'5'' >:(
[/quote]Isn't that the same thing that happens when you rebound it, then dribble, then go back up?

Drives me nuts!!!
[/quote]Me too! I guess X-Box NBA Live does it ???

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="974377" timestamp="1298953301"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80948.msg974206#msg974206 date=1298929583]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80948.msg974105#msg974105 date=1298915720]

Drives me nuts!!!
[/quote]Me too! I guess X-Box NBA Live does it ???
[/quote] I know that drives me crazy. I try to teach kids that a dribble is to gain a advantage. What have you gained by just taking the ball from the backdoard ,taking it to the floor just to bring it back up to the backboard?????

[quote name="True Blue" post="974386" timestamp="1298953768"]
I know that drives me crazy. I try to teach kids that a dribble is to gain a advantage. What have you gained by just taking the ball from the backdoard ,taking it to the floor just to bring it back up to the backboard?????
[/quote]Especially when all you are doing is saying to some little short guy on the other team, "Hey, come steal the ball while its down there".

I can't tell you how many times I've seen Jarvis, Jacoby, and now Gus turn that into a fast break for our team.  Its so easy to prevent, but players do it without thinking.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="974360" timestamp="1298951973"]
FanintheStands, thank you for at least trying to help these guys understand 8) I have my opinions about HJ and I havent been scared away from the criticism that I knew I would receive.. I am envious of HJ's success.. Who wouldnt be? But to assume that your teams history must always be true is retarded.. :D I made predictions about the HJ vs. Silsbee, the fact of HJ not playing Silsbee more than 2 times, and HJ not beating Cleveland IF they played.. I also said that HJ wouldnt be a top team like they normally are.. Sorry to offend people here, I knew it would since most people on this forum have strong ties or affiliations with Hardin Jefferson.. Chill out and enjoy basketball guys ;D ;D

As for AAW, Thank you for pointing that out ;) :D Didnt want to jinx how good I was doing! Now Im set-up for a bad week..
[/quote]

This is the post of the century!!!  But to assume that your teams history must always be true???? What does that mean anyway?  Not shocked to see AAW come to your defense either ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn