Who will be playoff contenders in 19-4a and how will they stack up against 20-4a

jayhawk

Who will be playoff contenders in 19-4a and how will they stack up against 20-4a ?  Weigh in on your thoughts !   I know Dayton will be loaded on offense with most players returning . What effect will Dayton's new coach have on the team ? I'm sure he will add his personal touch to some areas .

It will be about the same only difference will be the shifting of 2 through 4. King will bump Crosby out of the top 4 this year and the Battle for second will be between BH and GCM. My pick is based solely on my strong dislike for Crosby fans. I will add that I am a big fan of the Crosby football players.

I can see that 2-2 split with 20-4A again nxt yr. No clear cut #1 in 20 4A. Livingston will be stout, but that offense will struggle deeper in the playoffs. Central might be a year away from another run to regionals. PNG returns alot, but Doty & Schexneider will be hard to replace. Nederland was young this year, very young and will probably be a year away from big things. Thats my playoff group, but no particular order. Ozen returns the best player, but they have no line and LCM looses Misters everything, Gonzo and Sonnier.

I see a 3-1 in favor of 20-4a.  Most consider 2010 as a 'down' year in 20-4a.  We still went 2-2 in the playoffs last year.  I see 20-4a as a whole stepping it up and playing better all around football. Whoever pairs up with Dayton will lose.  The rest of the 20-4a representers will advance.  With that being said...

19-4a will be in no order...
Dayton
Crosby
CE King
The Ant Mound

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="967821" timestamp="1297968395"]
So will the Hill be for Real this time around?  ;D  BTW, where did the [b]Dayton's old coach go[/b]?  That all said, I predict 3-1 20 4A in the playoff's.
[/quote]

part time AD only.....

We've split with 20-4A the past 2 years.... I'll go with the same result this year, except with BH winning.

[quote name="badndn" post="967700" timestamp="1297958229"]
I can see that 2-2 split with 20-4A again nxt yr. No clear cut #1 in 20 4A. Livingston will be stout, but that offense will struggle deeper in the playoffs. Central might be a year away from another run to regionals. PNG returns alot, but Doty & Schexneider will be hard to replace. Nederland was young this year, very young and will probably be a year away from big things. Thats my playoff group, but no particular order. Ozen returns the best player, but they have no line and LCM looses Misters everything, Gonzo and Sonnier.
[/quote]

Ozen returns 3 on the line so what r u talking about ?

Keep doubting.
=P All I'm going to say.

Everyone think's No Merka = no good Crosby? Seriously?

We have players we have a pretty decent coaching staff and will always score pts as long as Flannigan is the AD/HC.

Merka was a huge loss but... our defense should be much improved and we will probably field a much better rb this year. Combined with a few kids that can actually catch coming up... it'll be an OK year. I think a lot like 3 years ago. make playoffs not much else... but NF? and GCM beating Crosby? GCM played a hell of a game last year but GL to them this year... all those Juniors will be very intense for that game, and hopefully we won't see the same looking for one player to win every game we saw last year.

IF we ever decided to put as many athletes on the d side of the ball i think we'd be much improved, but we will see

19 4A                        20 4a

DAY                          CENT
BH                              LIV
CROS                          PNG
GCM                          NED

If enrollment stays the same it would be

D1                                                              D2

CENT vs  GCM  ( CENT by 21 )                    DAY vs PNG    (DAY by 14 )
CROS  vs NED  (CROS by 3  )                      BH  vs LIV    (LIV by 7)

CROS/ NED and BH / LIV could go any way but  I see a 2-2 split ;)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="968633" timestamp="1298087823"]
19 4A                         20 4a

DAY                           CENT
BH                              LIV
CROS                          PNG
GCM                           NED

If enrollment stays the same it would be

D1                                                               D2

CENT vs  GCM  ( CENT by 21 )                    DAY vs PNG    (DAY by 14 )
CROS  vs NED   (CROS by 3  )                      BH  vs LIV     (LIV by 7)

CROS/ NED and BH / LIV could go any way but  I see a 2-2 split ;)
[/quote]

The numbers won't change this year, we are going into the second season of a redistricting year. I would love to see and all purple Bi-District game.

[quote name="supermario" post="968386" timestamp="1298067856"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=80409.msg967700#msg967700 date=1297958229]
[/quote]
Ozen returns 3 on the line so what r u talking about ?
[/quote]
I will repeat Ozen returns the best player, but they have no line.  Returning a bad OLine is not necessarily a good thing! ;) That's what I have been trying to impress upon us PNG fans that keep pointing out that we return several DB's. May not be a good thing!

19-4A 3 wins
20-4A 1 win

BH
Crosby
GCM
Dayton

Livingston
PNG
Nederland
Central (dragging up the rear)  ;D

Sewart will likely be able to recruit farther out of the area since the UIL forced him out, so Dayton could advance to the #4 spot. ;) ;)  All that will depend on the new city restrictions placed on film crews at the local Sonic, of course.  ;D

Crosby will be athletic but young.  Easy to say they will not do anything with the loss of Merka but there are some coming up. .  OFF Returning RB, 1/2 OL, 2 WR and DEF will have 1/2 D line, LB, 2 DB and they best group of freshman I have seen in a long time coming up......Flanigan will have these men ready to play

[quote name="bh89-2" post="969998" timestamp="1298392670"]
19-4A 3 wins
20-4A 1 win

BH
Crosby
GCM
Dayton

Livingston
PNG
Nederland
[b]Central (dragging up the rear)[/b]  ;D

Sewart will likely be able to recruit farther out of the area since the UIL forced him out, so Dayton could advance to the #4 spot. ;) ;)  All that will depend on the new city restrictions placed on film crews at the local Sonic, of course.  ;D
[/quote]And the Ant Mound will be steam rolled to a pancake at season's end by whomever they face first round of the playoffs... ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="969998" timestamp="1298392670"]
19-4A 3 wins
20-4A 1 win

BH
Crosby
GCM
Dayton

Livingston
PNG
Nederland

[/quote] [b]Dayton could advance to the #4 spot.[/b] Dayton could ADVANCE? to the #4 spot from the #1 spot in 19-4A? Hows does that work  ??? Advance: progress: the act of moving forward  ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="974249" timestamp="1298935915"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=80409.msg969998#msg969998 date=1298392670]
19-4A 3 wins
20-4A 1 win

BH
Crosby
GCM
Dayton

Livingston
PNG
Nederland

[/quote] [b]Dayton could advance to the #4 spot.[/b] Dayton could ADVANCE? to the #4 spot from the #1 spot in 19-4A? Hows does that work  ??? Advance: progress: the act of moving forward  ;)
[/quote]
Smoking baby had one of those 19-4A "Toups Sonic Specials" before posting so please excuse him ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder