**SPURGER @ GOODRICH Broadcast**/ SPURGER WINS!!!!!!!

It's the last night of regular season district play and SETXsports has the only game with a spot in the playoffs still up in the air as the #7 Spurger Pirates take on the #10 Goodrich Hornets in what is a must win for Spurger to give them a shot at the playoffs. The Pirates (20-11, 8-3) come off a win over High Island, 100-47, while Goodrich (13-13, 9-2) fell to Burkeville, 64-51, which puts this 24-1A DII district in a bit of a mess. If Spurger wins, it will most likely create a 4 way tie between Spurger, Goodrich, Burkeville and Leggett. If Goodrich wins, the playoff spots are solidified with Goodrich winning district, Burkeville runner up, and Leggett third. Spurger would be eliminated. Goodrich defeated Spurger earlier in distict play, 53-46.

Broadcast time in Goodrich will be 10 minutes prior to tip which is scheduled for 6pm. Click the link to listen to THE game of the night, the only game with a playoff spot on the line!!!

SPURGER vs. GOODRICH, LIVE TONIGHT here at SETXsports.com!!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:silsbeebcast&catid=73:games

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little info on the 1st game played between these two in district.

Goodrich won 53-46 @ Spurger. Game was tied at 35 at the end of 3rd. Goodrich Jr. guard Gary Randolph scored 32 of Goodrich's 53 points, shooting 6 of 9 from 3 point line and 6-6 from FT line. Spurger was led by Sr. post George Whittaker, who scored 21 points and yanked down 12 rebounds. Spurger out rebounded Goodrich 34-27 and forced 17 turnovers by the Hornets while only committing 9 themselves. Spurger struggled from the 3 point line and free throw line as they went 2 of 15 from 3 point and 5-12 from FT.

If Spurger can contain Randolph and shoot the ball better from the 3 point line and free throw line, then the Pirates have a very good chance of getting a win.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="966231" timestamp="1297745073"]
So Agg...how  do you see it playing out with a Spurger Victory?  How will a 4 way tie play out?
[/quote]

Good question. That's one of the reasons why I am going to do this game. I want to ask Coach Issacs and Coach King how they would play that out if it ends in a 4 way tie.

Heard they may play a 4 game tiebreaker. Two games on Friday, winners play for #1 and #2 seed on Saturday, losers play for 3rd seed on Saturday. Or, all these games may be played on Saturday. Who knows?

Now, how they determine who plays who on Friday is beyond me. Could be as simple as a coin flip.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="966242" timestamp="1297745897"]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=80275.msg966239#msg966239 date=1297745815]
Dang...who wouldve thought it would end up this close? 
[b]Well, be careful crossing 59[/b]...LOL.  We'll be listening.
[/quote]

Coach Conners hooked me up on a better route. Hope it pays off. ;D
[/quote]Evadale's Conners?.....Uh Oh!  ;D

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="966245" timestamp="1297746061"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=80275.msg966242#msg966242 date=1297745897]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=80275.msg966239#msg966239 date=1297745815]
Dang...who wouldve thought it would end up this close? 
[b]Well, be careful crossing 59[/b]...LOL.  We'll be listening.
[/quote]

Coach Conners hooked me up on a better route. Hope it pays off. ;D
[/quote][b]Evadale's Conners?[/b].....Uh Oh!   ;D
[/quote]

Yes. Are you suggesting that Danny would lead me astray? ;D He was pretty confident tonight in telling me the directions.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="966237" timestamp="1297745481"]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=80275.msg966231#msg966231 date=1297745073]
So Agg...how  do you see it playing out with a Spurger Victory?  How will a 4 way tie play out?
[/quote]

Good question. That's one of the reasons why I am going to do this game. I want to ask Coach Issacs and Coach King how they would play that out if it ends in a 4 way tie.

Heard they may play a 4 game tiebreaker. Two games on Friday, winners play for #1 and #2 seed on Saturday, losers play for 3rd seed on Saturday. Or, all these games may be played on Saturday. Who knows?

Now, how they determine who plays who on Friday is beyond me. Could be as simple as a coin flip.
[/quote]

Its pretty bad when 1 team can finish in a 4-way tie for 1st place, then 2 days later, not even make the playoffs. Gotta love that district race.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="966371" timestamp="1297787345"]
AggiesAreWe, I have heard that the game is at 6pm, not 7pm as you ariginally posted.

You may want to double check, not just for you, but for all of us.
[/quote]

Correct, the game is at 6pm.

I will make the correction. Thanks

[quote name="grinch12" post="966453" timestamp="1297794745"]
this one will def be a good one.... goodrich wins 74-59.... from what ive heard its impossible to win up there... from my bro the spy anyway....
[/quote]

It must not be impossible Burkville did it!!! Spurger by 4

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder