Hardin-Jefferson vs. Orangefield Game Thread/H-J wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="961817" timestamp="1296966316"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79841.msg961795#msg961795 date=1296965042]
I dont wanna be too disrespectful to OF but....... Something didnt go right when HJ only won by 2
[/quote]

And no disrespect to OF.......they are 1-6 in district and holding up the bottom!!!
[/quote]I think the Hardin Jefferson players were blinded by some big dude sitting in the front row of the HJ side wearing a bright orange sweat shirt.

Really, Lazeek, is Orangefield the place to wear your Florida Gators top?  Really?!?!  :o

I can't believe how poorly OF played in this game.  To let a mediocre HJ team off the hook for the second time this year is just amazing to me.  I mean I realize that HJ is better coached, has better athletes, better facilities, better fans, better tradition and the list goes on but for some reason we just continue to let HJ beat themselves.  I hope they don't have to play themselves in the playoffs or watch out because it will not have anything to do with the fact that they are just not as good as they think this year.  I realize how the record looks but everytime you have had to play a good team the results have not been that good. Yes they have ran rampant upon BC and HF in district but they have struggled against a mediocre OF team 2 times and beaten by Silsbee convincingly twice.  The great thing about this district is that HJ is normally considered a lock for the playoffs but rarely exceeds expectations in district. Yet when OF plays them close, yes I realize a loss is a los, it has nothing to do with the fact that OF played well it is always that HJ played that bad or beat themselves.  My prediction is a short playoff run unless a better team beats themselves. 

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="962058" timestamp="1297025832"]
I can't believe how poorly OF played in this game.  To let a mediocre HJ team off the hook for the second time this year is just amazing to me.  I mean I realize that HJ is better coached, has better athletes, better facilities, better fans, better tradition and the list goes on but for some reason we just continue to let HJ beat themselves.  I hope they don't have to play themselves in the playoffs or watch out because it will not have anything to do with the fact that they are just not as good as they think this year.  I realize how the record looks but everytime you have had to play a good team the results have not been that good. Yes they have ran rampant upon BC and HF in district but they have struggled against a mediocre OF team 2 times and beaten by Silsbee convincingly twice.  The great thing about this district is that HJ is normally considered a lock for the playoffs but rarely exceeds expectations in district. Yet when OF plays them close, yes I realize a loss is a los, it has nothing to do with the fact that OF played well it is always that HJ played that bad or beat themselves.  My prediction is a short playoff run unless a better team beats themselves. 
[/quote]

I think you should make sure the HJ faithful read through this ;) ;)

I can't believe how poorly OF played in this game.  To let a mediocre HJ team off the hook for the second time this year is just amazing to me.  I mean I realize that HJ is better coached, has better athletes, better facilities, better fans, better tradition and the list goes on but for some reason we just continue to let HJ beat themselves.  I hope they don't have to play themselves in the playoffs or watch out because it will not have anything to do with the fact that they are just not as good as they think this year.  I realize how the record looks but everytime you have had to play a good team the results have not been that good. Yes they have ran rampant upon BC and HF in district but they have struggled against a mediocre OF team 2 times and beaten by Silsbee convincingly twice.  The great thing about this district is that HJ is normally considered a lock for the playoffs but rarely exceeds expectations in district. Yet when OF plays them close, yes I realize a loss is a los, it has nothing to do with the fact that OF played well it is always that HJ played that bad or beat themselves.  My prediction is a short playoff run unless a better team beats themselves.  
[/quote]

Are you serious????  You were not even there yesterday, since you had nobody to watch!!!!!

The Bobcats have always played HJ tough and will likely continue to, but the bottom line is that HJ is better than OF and have always been.........OF is 1-6 in DISTRICT!!!!!  Talking about a team that was predicted to contend for the playoffs and now your team is in dead last!!!!!!!!  Keep doin what yall are doing over there and you will get the same results!!!!!

[/quote]Do you really think that OF played well?  C'mon.  Number 11, who I think is a very good player had several lost balls that were not caused by HJ pressure.  You guys missed free throws down the stretch as well.  That game was sloppy by both teams.

Orangefield is funny.  You guys pass the ball real well, and the press doesn't seem to affect ya'll hardly at all.  But your dribbling fundamentals are off as well as your ability to receive the pass.  How many times did you guys miss a pass that would have led to a layup or a wide open 3?

But on defense, your skills are very, very good.  There are very few breakdowns on defense and that makes HJ have to be patient on offense.  Sometimes we are, but against you guys we are not.  Did you see the 2nd half of the 4th quarter?  Our offense is NOT based on Sean Prudhombame dribbling up and shooting a 3 at the top of the key.  It is not based on a 1 on 3 fastbreak either.  You guys seem to get in our heads and makes us play other than what we are supposed to be doing.

That is something that we need to fix but it is a credit to your style of play.

[/quote]

Convincingly?????  HJ lost by 6 and 13 to the Tigers, who are the better team.  HJ led by 6 going into the 4th in game 1 and HJ trailed by 5 or 6 going into the 4th of game 2..........the only convincing win is SILSBEE 76 over OF 36!!!!

My whole point which apparently worked is that rather than say OF played a good game it always turns into that HJ played down or beats themselves not the fact that OF usually plays HJ well.  But seeing how quick it got to you was worth it.  I think HJ has better team this year without a doubt, but saying each time that its a matter of HJ playing down gets old real quick.  I was simply going along with all that you would normally say but with sarcasm around the 1-6.  You are right we have not played up to potential but I think you were also saying that HJ could win district and we should contend for playoff spot.  We were both wrong.  And if your looking at the score of the games and making a comparison to Silsbee then I guess that makes us even.  Notice, I didnt say HJ was terrible or even a bad team, just don't make excuses when a non contender team gives them a good game.  Good luck in the playoffs.

Yes, Orangefield has played HJ close this year but the previous 30 years it has not been close. By the way I am from Orangefield. Orangefield has made strides but their little dribbler program is not up to Hardin Jefferson's standards. Someone mentioned fundamentals? You are correct. Respect is earned not gained Wildcatter. The best team Orangefield ever had did not make the playoff's Johnathan Livingston, Kirby Dorman, Austin Farris was a freshmen. You are talking about 6'6 and 6'5 and could play.    

Let me rephase what I said, the team from Orangefield I mentioned before had more talent but the team from 2005 who made the playoffs, set the record for most wins in a season, had less talent then the teams in the past, played as a "TEAM" and that is why they won. By the way the team from 2005 did not win many games in junior high or subvarsity. They key was they kept working hard and proved all the non believers wrong.  

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="962632" timestamp="1297140110"]
Let me rephase what I said, the team from Orangefield I mentioned before had more talent but the team from 2005 who made the playoffs, set the record for most wins in a season, had less talent then the teams in the past, played as a "TEAM" and that is why they won. By the way the team from 2005 did not win many games in junior high or subvarsity. They key was they kept working hard and proved all the non believers wrong.  
[/quote]What about the 2008 team that lost to Navasota in the play-offs... in overtime I think.  Navasota ended up losing to HJ only by a last second put in (think Nederland's K Smith against PNG).  HJ made it to the Regional Finals and lost to Silsbee.

That OF team had good fundamentals, great discipline and patience as well. 

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="962642" timestamp="1297141258"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=79841.msg962632#msg962632 date=1297140110]
[/quote]What about the 2008 team that lost to Navasota in the play-offs... in overtime I think.  Navasota ended up losing to HJ only by a last second put in (think Nederland's K Smith against PNG).  HJ made it to the Regional Finals and lost to Silsbee.

That OF team had good fundamentals, great discipline and patience as well.  
[/quote]

I agree that team was good also. Jeremy Granger was a beast. His older brother Calvin and my son was on the 2005 team.  

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="962625" timestamp="1297138978"]
Yes, Orangefield has played HJ close this year but the previous 30 years it has not been close. By the way I am from Orangefield. Orangefield has made strides but their little dribbler program is not even close to Hardin Jefferson's. Someone mentioned fundamentals? You are correct. Respect is earned not gained Wildcatter. Orangefield boys has a long way to go to catch up with the girls program. The best team Orangefield ever had did not make the playoff's Johnathan Livingston, Kirby Dorman, Austin Farris was a freshmen. You are talking about 6'6 and 6'5 and could play. They would make the palyoff's today easy.   
[/quote]

OF has played HJ pretty tough the last few years,  at least in OF.....

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="962632" timestamp="1297140110"]
[/quote]

We didn't win a single game in jr. high, not one, but going to the playoffs for the first time in 50 years made up for it.  ;D

[quote name="True Blue" post="962706" timestamp="1297175184"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79841.msg962701#msg962701 date=1297174702]
A loss is a loss. It is what it is! ::)
[/quote] And take it from Dove He has watch enough HF games to know what a LOSS is ;D
[/quote]Luckily I still remember what it feels like to be a winner, but its fading fast ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="962708" timestamp="1297175360"]
[/quote]

Dove- Looks like there is still a possibility for the Horns to get in the playoffs.
[/quote] ::) Reminds me of that story about that old dog sitting on the porch. Get kicked but would never move. Finally, one day that old dog had moved on because............................ ???  ???

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="962715" timestamp="1297175816"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=79841.msg962706#msg962706 date=1297175184]
[/quote] And take it from Dove He has watch enough HF games to know what a LOSS is ;D
[/quote]Luckily I still remember what it feels like to be a winner, but its fading fast ;D
[/quote] But that winning fell will be all but forgotten by next year, after finishing the season with 3 stright losses this year. But I guess you can get a jump start on that weight lifting program :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami