Port Neches-Groves vs. Beaumont Ozen Game Thread/Ozen wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="HillGuy" post="961697" timestamp="1296959154"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=79818.msg961609#msg961609 date=1296949439]

Classless
[/quote]

Agreed...we could do this in half of our district games but choose to show respect to our opponents and to our non-starters.  Can't wait to get another shot at them.    >:(
[/quote]

I'm sure your statement about BH is true.

Leadership reflects attitude...whether thats the coaching staff or school administration.

[quote name="WBbear" post="962015" timestamp="1297018398"]
Ozen did not press. They only started two starters and played a freshman non starter most of the game. It seem to me that PNG was missing some girls since that last time I saw them play. They did not have anyone that could handle the ball.
[/quote]

BS  ;)

They were in a half court press most of the game and rotated in and out players most of the game. PNG has one seinor and only two girls on team have played varsity from last year. They have a very young team and ozen took avantage of that to pad thier stats and to say they could score over 10 in a game. When they played Central at least they let them play so both teams could get experience running plays and not just playing park ball. Look where Central is now.

First of all, are we really suprised Ozen ascted this way?  When my daughter played (2004-2008) they acted just as bad.  They are definitely better basketball players, but they don't know how to be good sports about it.  And I don't see this kind of behavior in volleyball or softball.

Secondly, this isn't as bad (believe it or not) as when Central (in 2004) beat PNG 121-20.  They just wanted to beat us by 100 or more...not just reach the 100 point mark.

And why is PNG so bad this year?  Honestly, PNG girls basketball has never been a powerhouse team, but not too long ago, they were playoff contenders (2007 i think).  They even had a play-off game against ozen and missed the playoffs that year.  I feel sorry for any girl that really wants to play and win to have this kind of year. 

IMO....If Png girls had the athletic ability to beat ozen by such a large margin they would have.... I was at that game and the coach for ozen pulled her dogs off early in the contest it just seemed to be that the bench was better than what png had on the floor.  I agree 90 point victory is shocking but it was done with non starters and no press. But speaking about classless, I heard that the png boys superstar was ejected from the game for throwing a ball at an ozen player along with calling him a.....well u know what! Wasnt there but if that is true than that is classles!

I'm an Ozen Panther supporter. Over the years in softball when the PNG girls were beating our girls. 30-1 and 35-0 nothing was said. Now when the shoe is on the other foot it's a problem. When took those butt whippings with class so you do the same. Those people who said Ozen was pressing should learn what a press is. Ozen was not if we were we would have scored 150. So don't take it personal. When you beat us badly we didn't.

[quote name="Target71" post="962442" timestamp="1297111375"]
I'm an Ozen Panther supporter. Over the years in softball when the PNG girls were beating our girls. 30-1 and 35-0 nothing was said. Now when the shoe is on the other foot it's a problem. When took those butt whippings with class so you do the same. Those people who said Ozen was pressing should learn what a press is. Ozen was not if we were we would have scored 150. So don't take it personal. When you beat us badly we didn't.
[/quote] :o

[quote name="gcrew" post="962378" timestamp="1297100555"]
First of all, are we really suprised Ozen ascted this way?  When my daughter played (2004-2008) they acted just as bad.  They are definitely better basketball players, but they don't know how to be good sports about it.  And I don't see this kind of behavior in volleyball or softball.

Secondly, this isn't as bad (believe it or not) as when Central (in 2004) beat PNG 121-20.  They just wanted to beat us by 100 or more...not just reach the 100 point mark.

And why is PNG so bad this year?  Honestly, PNG girls basketball has never been a powerhouse team, but not too long ago, they were playoff contenders (2007 i think).  They even had a play-off game against ozen and missed the playoffs that year.  I feel sorry for any girl that really wants to play and win to have this kind of year. 
[/quote]Thats probably the question thats needs to be addressed, "why are they so bad?"

The PNG team is not that bad, They just need to run a few plays and set a few picks. But at the end a couple of Ozen girls were put back in to just shoot 3's. The girls are good from Ozen but what comes around goes around. Ozen has a good Coach BUT, when the shoe is on the other foot none of them are very nice.
Half court press is what it was the WHOLE game was about, except for about a 4 minutes when it was full court. Once Ozen was up 30 plus points then they stopped the full court but the half court was on the whole game.
I can respect a team being good, but OZEN did not act very classy at all. Good Luck in the play-offs. Be careful once district is over, you have placed a target on your team and somebody will hit the bullseye.
PNG was missing 2 starters and another big post, but all and all I am still proud of the PNG girls for giving their all.

I think teams should take out their starters with a 30 point lead and put in the reserves. But that doesn't mean you don't stop coaching to get your reserves the game experience. If we're a trapping team I don't think its wise to sit back and play zone. You still work on your trap defense and try and steal the ball. And I'm sure the bench players wanted to show what they could do in a game situation to earn more playing time. Hopefully the PNG team kept playing best in a losing situation.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="962487" timestamp="1297118948"]
I think teams should take out their starters with a 30 point lead and put in the reserves. But that doesn't mean you don't stop coaching to get your reserves the game experience. If we're a trapping team I don't think its wise to sit back and play zone. You still work on your trap defense and try and steal the ball. And I'm sure the bench players wanted to show what they could do in a game situation to earn more playing time. Hopefully the PNG team kept playing best in a losing situation.
[/quote]
I'm with you, Dove. But when you start subbing & your 2nd or 3rd teamers can still score & advance the lead.....then so be it. You can't tell kids that only play a couple of minutes a game or week or season for that matter to " just play zone".

lets asks the question. why doesnt these types of boards come up when png beats ozen in baseball 20-1 or when there soccer teams beats ozen girls 12-0. trust me those teams wants to bury the opposing teams. it seam that if you dont want to get beat like that then coach up your kids

[quote name="desethion" post="962924" timestamp="1297195084"]
lets asks the question. why doesnt these types of boards come up when png beats ozen in baseball 20-1 or when there soccer teams beats ozen girls 12-0. trust me those teams wants to bury the opposing teams. it seam that if you dont want to get beat like that then coach up your kids
[/quote]

Oh, but it did!  PNG got BLASTED by a whole bunch of people a few years back for beating central in softball 27-0 or something like that...even tho the coach did all kinds of things to finish the game.

[quote name="Gabe" post="963692" timestamp="1297284960"]
PNG really can't talk because of what they do in softball to Central and Ozen. If you don't like it, get better as a team, period.
[/quote]

Maybe Central in softball...they have not beat Ozen by more than 3 runs in softball...if that...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476