Ford has top 3/FORD SIGNS WITH SFA

Lefty99

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="958594" timestamp="1296576011"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=79541.msg958582#msg958582 date=1296575288]
Young Mr. Ford could be a big part of that plan.  He can be as good as he wants and prepares to be
[/quote]

Given the Lamar O-line produced a grand total of 1 rushing TD  :o  last year, unless there is profound and immediate improvement, I fear for "Young Mr. Fords" health & safety in the Lamar backfield, especially facing WAC opponents every Saturday!    
[/quote]

I don't think Young Mr. Ford fears for his life, but he is probably touched by your concern! ;)   If he doesn't end up at A&M, then it comes down to does he want to be a part of a program on the rise or go to Nac-a-no-where!!!!   I guess Nac-a-no=where is a step up from Winnie! ;D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kville68" post="959647" timestamp="1296659724"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79541.msg959640#msg959640 date=1296659419]
Ford signs with SFA
[/quote]

Did he say anything about his reasoning in picking SFA? Just wondering what put them on top.
[/quote]

From my understanding there were only 2 letters to chose from... 

[quote name="Lefty99" post="959667" timestamp="1296660501"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=79541.msg959647#msg959647 date=1296659724]
Ford signs with SFA
[/quote]

Did he say anything about his reasoning in picking SFA? Just wondering what put them on top.
[/quote]

From my understanding there were only 2 letters to chose from... 
[/quote]

This is correct.

Im probably not going to be real popular because of this comment but oh well Im getting kinda used to that.  First of Congrats on Ford for moving on to the next level and I wish him the best.

My intent is not to take anything away from SFA. I know they have a great program, but this was some of the worst self promotion from an athlete of this popularity Ive seen in a while.  If it was the intent to go to SFA from the start then it wouldnt be an issue.  I know for a fact that this was not the case the though.  I dont know if this was because of the time taken to make the decision has caused most schools to look elsewhere or if it was just a case of poor decision making.  SFA was in from the start,  Alabama, Texas A&M, and other largers schools began to make verbal offers and started to show intrest.  The decision was made to wait and see what other more popular schools jumped on board  (like TEXAS). In the end there was only two letters (Lamar and SFA). I think think there a lesson to be learned here for other young men.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="958917" timestamp="1296593161"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=79541.msg958594#msg958594 date=1296576011]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=79541.msg958582#msg958582 date=1296575288]
Young Mr. Ford could be a big part of that plan.  He can be as good as he wants and prepares to be
[/quote]

Given the Lamar O-line produced a grand total of 1 rushing TD  :o  last year, unless there is profound and immediate improvement, I fear for "Young Mr. Fords" health & safety in the Lamar backfield, especially facing WAC opponents every Saturday!    
[/quote]

I don't think Young Mr. Ford fears for his life, but he is probably touched by your concern! ;)   If he doesn't end up at A&M, then it comes down to does he want to be a part of a program on the rise or go to Nac-a-no-where!!!!   I guess Nac-a-no=where is a step up from Winnie! ;D
[/quote]

You can take a swipe at Winnie all you want, and Nac & SFA also if you want to. I could not care less. Regarding Ford, in a discussion earlier this week, I mentioned to someone SFA was indeed the best fit for Ford, my SFA bias fully aside. Here is why:

T-A&M: Ford would be a great addition for them, but they are loaded with athletes, Ford would have much competition for playing time.

Lamar: (NO OFFENSE to LU Fans!) Building, but clearly from the ground up. Suspect line, only one rushing TD, might face WAC soon, few wins likely in the next 4 years... Ford might get beat up like David Carr did while QB'ing the Texans when they first started. 10 years later, LU might be strong, but next 4 might be real tough.

SFA: Near perfect fit. SFA is transitioning to more of a running style with the departure of All-Everything Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses. Attaway will still sling it, but a more balanced attack with rushing will be used. Whole talented O-line comes back (only allowed 11 sacks during all of last season, and SFA passed most every play!), and SFA will win immediately. Program ranked #9 nationally. Also, Nac is nearly as close to Kirbyville as Beaumont is.

Congrats to Ford! AX 'EM!    8)   

[quote name="rykerx144" post="959840" timestamp="1296670089"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=79541.msg959777#msg959777 date=1296666992]
Ford signs with SFA
[/quote]I called it!!!
[/quote]  Lol Ive been telling you this for months  how you figure you called it LOL
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="959818" timestamp="1296668415"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=79541.msg958917#msg958917 date=1296593161]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=79541.msg958594#msg958594 date=1296576011]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can take a swipe at Winnie all you want, and Nac & SFA also if you want to. I could not care less. Regarding Ford, in a discussion earlier this week, I mentioned to someone SFA was indeed the best fit for Ford, my SFA bias fully aside. Here is why:

T-A&M: Ford would be a great addition for them, but they are loaded with athletes, Ford would have much competition for playing time.

Lamar: (NO OFFENSE to LU Fans!) Building, but clearly from the ground up. Suspect line, only one rushing TD, might face WAC soon, few wins likely in the next 4 years... Ford might get beat up like David Carr did while QB'ing the Texans when they first started. 10 years later, LU might be strong, but next 4 might be real tough.

SFA: Near perfect fit. SFA is transitioning to more of a running style with the departure of All-Everything Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses. Attaway will still sling it, but a more balanced attack with rushing will be used. Whole talented O-line comes back (only allowed 11 sacks during all of last season, and SFA passed most every play!), and SFA will win immediately. Program ranked #9 nationally. Also, Nac is nearly as close to Kirbyville as Beaumont is.

Congrats to Ford! AX 'EM!    8)   

[/quote]

I agree...seems to be his best fit...congrats to you, Fred...good luck. ;)

[quote name="rykerx144" post="959758" timestamp="1296666067"]
Im probably not going to be real popular because of this comment but oh well Im getting kinda used to that.  First of Congrats on Ford for moving on to the next level and I wish him the best.

My intent is not to take anything away from SFA. I know they have a great program, but this was some of the worst self promotion from an athlete of this popularity Ive seen in a while.  If it was the intent to go to SFA from the start then it wouldnt be an issue.  I know for a fact that this was not the case the though.  I dont know if this was because of the time taken to make the decision has caused most schools to look elsewhere or if it was just a case of poor decision making.  SFA was in from the start,  Alabama, Texas A&M, and other largers schools began to make verbal offers and started to show intrest.  The decision was made to wait and see what other more popular schools jumped on board  (like TEXAS). In the end there was only two letters (Lamar and SFA). I think think there a lesson to be learned here for other young men.
[/quote]Ryker since your a almighty moderator on this forum ... you'll probably kick me off ... or whatever you do ... but I think this post is totally classless ... this is a direct shot at an 18 year old young man .... that's wrong ... I don't care if he wanted balloons, dancing girls, cameras, etc... I don't care if he wanted to go UT, A and M, Alabama, ... It's his decision to make .... It's his decision to wait and see if his dream school stepped up .... He's a young man, he gets that right .... He knew he had SFA and Lamar in the pocket, why not shoot for the stars ... If it doesn't happen ... gets to stay close to home ... play with friends (Hughey and maybe Cucancic) ... seems like a cool safety net  to me ... For four years (even more if ya count peewee football, junior high) this young man has done what he was told, sweated, and probably even bled for Kirbyville .... give him a break ...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="959640" timestamp="1296659419"]
Ford signs with SFA
[/quote] From a SFA Alumni .... and a SFA Dad ... Thank You ... Congrats ... Great School .... Great Education take advantage of it .... You will succeed if you continue to have the desire that I know you have ....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="960393" timestamp="1296707152"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=79541.msg959758#msg959758 date=1296666067]

[/quote]Ryker since your a almighty moderator on this forum ... you'll probably kick me off ... or whatever you do ... but I think this post is totally classless ... this is a direct shot at an 18 year old young man .... that's wrong ... I don't care if he wanted balloons, dancing girls, cameras, etc... I don't care if he wanted to go UT, A and M, Alabama, ... It's his decision to make .... It's his decision to wait and see if his dream school stepped up .... He's a young man, he gets that right .... He knew he had SFA and Lamar in the pocket, why not shoot for the stars ... If it doesn't happen ... gets to stay close to home ... play with friends (Hughey and maybe Cucancic) ... seems like a cool safety net  to me ... For four years (even more if ya count peewee football, junior high) this young man has done what he was told, sweated, and probably even bled for Kirbyville .... give him a break ...
[/quote]

This is also an open forum with the majority of post being opinions only, not facts like a news program. Ryker is entitled to his opinion, just as you are BigWildcat11. I think Ford was a good running back. Great is debatable, and in my view, not being 'great' is also backed up by his lack of D1 offers. This view differs from yours, I'm sure, but it is my opinion. He broke Bubba Bean's total yardage record, but never did I see anything in his play that made me think he was anywhere close to being the player Bubba was. Why is it wrong to state an opinion about an 18 year old? He would be the first to tell you, I'm sure, he is no longer a 'baby'. It's great to have dreams and hopes in life, but don't expect the world to share them or you will be sorely disappointed. Good luck to Ford and SFA.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="959758" timestamp="1296666067"]
I dont know if this was because of the time taken to make the decision has caused most schools to look elsewhere or if it was just a case of poor decision making.  SFA was in from the start,  Alabama, Texas A&M, and other largers schools began to make verbal offers and started to show intrest.  The decision was made to wait and see what other more popular schools jumped on board  (like TEXAS). In the end there was only two letters (Lamar and SFA).[/quote]

If he really wanted to go to a FBS school then he should've taken one of the offers from Alabama or A&M...He then would've had that in his back pocket and could've easily switched to another school (like TEXAS) if and when they decided to offer....

However it ultimately played out he's still going to get to play ball for another 4-5 years and get a free education in the process....

Good luck to the kid in the future...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed