CLASH OF THE TITANS II Silsbee at HJ

BADSANTA

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="957644" timestamp="1296407957"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79482.msg957621#msg957621 date=1296404421]
Tigervoice I think you are more bipolar than I am sir! My comment was my opinion. I know you announce the games and they pay you on a hourly rate so you have to be bias. I state opinions only. I hope Silsbee wins but they looked very weak in 3 out of their last 5 games. I do know one fact. You are a CRAZY fool!
[/quote]

Santa- Would you be willing to play golf against Tigersvoice, Lazeek, and Sleepy in a single match?
[/quote]I wouldn't bet against a guy named sleepy......he could be a sleeper!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="957794" timestamp="1296439713"]
Lazeek you had on a black warmup suit and yes you did get my number. Your kids name is Chris right? C'mon man! You did get my number maybe you forgot to hit SAVE!
[/quote]

LAZEEK did not have on a black warmup suit. He was in an HJ hoodie and shorts. I think you are referring to stevenash. He had the black warmup pants on and has a son named Chris.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="957800" timestamp="1296440282"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79482.msg957794#msg957794 date=1296439713]
Lazeek you had on a black warmup suit and yes you did get my number. Your kids name is Chris right? C'mon man! You did get my number maybe you forgot to hit SAVE!
[/quote]

LAZEEK did not have on a black warmup suit. He was in an HJ hoodie and shorts. I think you are referring to stevenash. He had the black warmup pants on and has a son named Chris.
[/quote]That must have been a shock!

[quote name="no-look" post="957806" timestamp="1296441540"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79482.msg957800#msg957800 date=1296440282]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79482.msg957794#msg957794 date=1296439713]
[/quote]

[/quote]That must have been a shock!
[/quote

;D

I squeezed in (literally) for the first game, I agree if HJ plays the game like they did the first 3, hands down they beat Silsbee. Giving credit to Silsbee, if they get HJ out of their game like they did the 4th quarter in the last game Silsbee will win by double digits. The goal of both teams will be to do what they did best in the quarters they won the last game. HJ will have to handle and move the ball around well, and not turn it over like they did in the 4th of last game. On the other hand Silsbee will have to get back quick on defense and not linger and play to the crowd after every basket they make like they did in the first 3 quarters of last game if they do Gus and company will push it quickly and score at will.

I believe that HJ has the upper hand in the low post, and 3 point line and Silsbee will have the upper hand in being able to penetrate and score on the turnovers. Should be every bit of the nail biter the last one was you better get there early is all I have to say

Gus HAS to play within himself.  In Silsbee, Gus took it inside about 4 out of 5 trips down the court early in the 1st quarter.  He ended up paying for it later on when he was worn out.  There are too many weapons on the Hawks team for Gus to feel he has to do this.

Luckily, he's also got his confidence back behind the 3-point arc!

The key for Silsbee winning is to cut down on turnovers, force turnovers, and shot well from the field. Darius Stallworth must dominate this game as he did the last one in the 4th. I expect him to hold Bosha once again. For HJ its simple use your size down low. Prejohn and Prudhomme can play on both blocks. If Silsbee double teams, you will need Sutherland and Bosha to nail those outside shots. Silsbee Xfactors are Chris Elam, Jarrod Barclay, and Jordan Holmes. I have to roll with Silsbee in this game by a slim margin. I have changed my mine on the score. Tigers 65 Hawks 61.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="957883" timestamp="1296483960"]
Right now it's a toss up. It's going to boil down to how well they match up or not. I think the enjoyment will be from watching how the coaches make adjustments during the game.
[/quote]

HJs problems in the fourth quarter were, in my mind, twofold.  1.  Silsbees superior depth wore HJ down considerably and had much to do with HJ's lack of productivity in the fourth quarter 2.  Having two starters in foul trouble(also possibly attributable to the tired factor) also made it difficult to be effective in the fourth quarter.

If HJ can eliminate one of the two above and reduce the other, they have a reasonable chance at winning this game.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="957621" timestamp="1296404421"]
Tigervoice I think you are more bipolar than I am sir! My comment was my opinion. I know you announce the games and they pay you on a hourly rate so you have to be bias. I state opinions only. I hope Silsbee wins but they looked very weak in 3 out of their last 5 games. I do know one fact. You are a CRAZY fool!
[/quote]

Let me correct your mistaken comments.  1. There is NO PAY involved with what I do at the ball games.  2.  To stay in proper tense the word to use is biasED; not bias.  3.  I do not doubt that you know only ONE fact but me being a "Crazy fool" is not the one fact that you know.  That's just hearsay; nobody knows that for certain. 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="957890" timestamp="1296485274"]
The key for Silsbee winning is to cut down on turnovers, force turnovers, and shot well from the field. Darius Stallworth must dominate this game as he did the last one in the 4th. I expect him to hold Bosha once again. For HJ its simple use your size down low. [b]Prejohn[/b] and Prudhomme can play on both blocks. If Silsbee double teams, you will need Sutherland and Bosha to nail those outside shots. Silsbee Xfactors are Chris Elam, Jarrod Barclay, and Jordan Holmes. I have to roll with Silsbee in this game by a slim margin. I have changed my mine on the score. Tigers 65 Hawks 61.
[/quote]

Who is PREJEAN? ::) ::) ::)  It is PERSOHN!!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="957899" timestamp="1296486488"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79482.msg957890#msg957890 date=1296485274]
The key for Silsbee winning is to cut down on turnovers, force turnovers, and shot well from the field. Darius Stallworth must dominate this game as he did the last one in the 4th. I expect him to hold Bosha once again. For HJ its simple use your size down low. [b]Prejohn[/b] and Prudhomme can play on both blocks. If Silsbee double teams, you will need Sutherland and Bosha to nail those outside shots. Silsbee Xfactors are Chris Elam, Jarrod Barclay, and Jordan Holmes. I have to roll with Silsbee in this game by a slim margin. I have changed my mine on the score. Tigers 65 Hawks 61.
[/quote]

Who is PREJEAN? ::) ::) ::)  It is PERSOHN!!!!
[/quote]

Oops!  He's changed his mind again.  One of the characteristics of bipolarism is the inability to make up one's mind.  Just sayin'. ::)

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="957897" timestamp="1296486335"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79482.msg957621#msg957621 date=1296404421]
[/quote]

Let me correct your mistaken comments.  1. There is NO PAY involved with what I do at the ball games.  2.  To stay in proper tense the word to use is biasED; not bias.  3.  I do not doubt that you know only ONE fact but me being a "Crazy fool" is not the one fact that you know.  That's just hearsay; nobody knows that for certain. 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I salute you, sir, for making note of the correct use of the word bias/biased. ;D

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="957552" timestamp="1296368023"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=79482.msg957533#msg957533 date=1296363269]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=79482.msg957502#msg957502 date=1296358287]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79482.msg957268#msg957268 date=1296323350]
Round 2.....Fight! Who you got and why? Both teams are at full strength for this game.
[/quote]
Silsbee may be at full strength but HJ is far from - Hawks missing Anderson & Carr. 
[/quote]

As far as this season is concerned the only player who has really played is Carr. Anderson would have been a big factor for HJ this year but unfortunately he was injured. I hate seeing a high school player miss his senior season to an injury. The Tiger's will be without one key sub as well in Busby.  He Is the only big post the Tigers have on the bench and has been playing well lately.  This one will be another great game.  My Tigers better come to play like they can or it could be a long night.
[/quote]Yes, Will has been sorely missed on the court this year.  He's a good kid that showed a lot of heart on the football field.  He has a nice 15 foot jump shot that would have been very effective in this year's offense.

But regarding your post, my biggest wish is that this is simply round 2 of a 3 round match-up!  In other words, "[i]See you in Hunstville, Bay-Bee![/i]"
[/quote]

Wouldn't your wish actually be for a 4 round match up, thus implying HJ wins the second round thereby forcing the district playoff and then a region finals matchup?

[quote name="stevenash" post="957942" timestamp="1296491202"]
Wouldn't your wish actually be for a 4 round match up, thus implying HJ wins the second round thereby forcing the district playoff and then a region finals matchup?
[/quote]Well, my biggest wish is that I win that Power-ball lottery.  Of course, it would help if I actually bought a ticket, eh?  ;)

But actually, if they had a play-off, then yes Round 4.  Of course there's always the chance that Silsbee loses to HF after we beat them and there is no play-off.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="958020" timestamp="1296499018"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=79482.msg957942#msg957942 date=1296491202]
[/quote]Well, my biggest wish is that I win that Power-ball lottery.  Of course, it would help if I actually bought a ticket, eh?  ;)

But actually, if they had a play-off, then yes Round 4.  Of course there's always the chance that Silsbee loses to HF after we beat them and there is no play-off.
[/quote]

Sure am glad to know you are dealing in likelihoods.  Since you handicapped the PNG-Nederland last shot circumstance, please go ahead and do the same for the scenario you just painted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder