Should high school basketball coaches dress up for games?

I don't think it matters what the coaches wear as long as they are coaching and teaching the kids to do right.  They are in the coaching profession not business men who need to wear suits.  Would you go as far as to say a coach should work out, run, and stay in physically fit because that is what they want their athletes to do???

Actually, I would say coaches need to stay in shape, physically, have good character and set good examples for the kids they are coaching. Kids model people they respect. In this time in their lives , they are easily influenced in one way or another, and coaches are people they are in touch with on a daily basis! Like it or not some kids don't get what they need at home, and coaches easily become role models.

[quote name="jumpstop" post="956094" timestamp="1296174496"]

IMHO,
Tournament games- Casual (windsuits, jumpsuits, coaching gear)
Non District- Coaching polo and khakis
District - Dress up (Slacks, button ups, tie, vest, etc.)

[/quote]
although a 'jumpstop' is travelling (except in NBA rules), I think U nailed it. Show class, and be an example for Ur kids who U coach. It's not a bad idea for the kids to dress nicelt for district games too...

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="956668" timestamp="1296257572"]
Ditto team first.

What is wrong with being professional? What is wrong with expecting a little bit more from a player.

I think it is classy when the team, the entire team dresses.

I as a parent and fan notice it and appreciate it.
[/quote] U are so right. I no the school u are talkind about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124