Hamshire-Fannett vs. Bridge City Game Thread/H-F wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="950780" timestamp="1295406951"]
61-47 3:50 left HF LEAD
[/quote]

Well, Dove- The Horns are still tied with HJ and with the prospect of HJ having a VERY tough game Friday night, the Horns could possibly move ahead in the standings.  If that happens, do you want me to cut the standings out of the paper and send to you?

[quote name="stevenash" post="950913" timestamp="1295412369"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78961.msg950780#msg950780 date=1295406951]
61-47 3:50 left HF LEAD
[/quote]

Well, Dove- The Horns are still tied with HJ and with the prospect of HJ having a VERY tough game Friday night, the Horns could possibly move ahead in the standings.  If that happens, do you want me to cut the standings out of the paper and send to you?
[/quote]Please do! No one will believe me 10 years from now.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="951303" timestamp="1295473752"]
Just curious but whenever HF tends to run more, they seem to play better IMHO. I mean, the tempo up and when the fast break wasn't there, they ran their sets and looked inside for the bigs, or hit the open shots, IMHO. Or did someone else see it differently?
[/quote]

The reason is because we are tall and not big. Everyone keeps talking about our bigs. We don't have bigs, but our varsity is blessed with tall slender built players. We have a 6'2" and a 6'5" that are both under 200 lbs. These kids are not built for banging. We have 2 6'5"s that are not bangers. They play away from contact. A lot of people suggest that we slow the tempo and use our size, but this plays away from their strengths. Our talls shoot jump hooks and fade aways. Our talls are built for running, not banging.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder