Vidor vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/LC-M wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="946599" timestamp="1294808414"]
Vidor is now 1-3 after that great start? Still think that schedule really cost them.
[/quote]

Beginning to look that way. Vidor has Central Friday night and a loss to the Jags would really get the critics on that schedule.

A potential 1-4 start to district would not be good.

Still plenty of basketball to be played though.

At this point i'm becoming frustrated. The schedule has definitely cost the pirates. I can handle the losses to Ozen and Ned, but now losing to teams that they are unarguably as good or better than. Coach and schedule are at blame. I'm not writing off the pirates season but three very winnable games we come up short with equally talented kids. I'm very disappointed. They still have a chance at the playoffs but making it much harder than it should be. I would rather a 3-12 start w kids that are battle tested and faced adversity than a 14-1 team that hasn't had to sweat to win. Hope we can learn to close out games before friday. I better pray. :-\

I havent missed many games the Pirates have played this year and, at times, I have been impressed with their play.  Other times, not so much.  The loss against Nederland was the best I have seen them play all season, Nederland was just better that night.  The start of the district schedule is brutal for the Pirates with Nederland, Ozen, LCM, and Central all in the first two weeks.  I know the pre district schedule was weaker than some other teams, but it was all in preparation for district play.  Every coach handles the schedule differently so I cant blame Coach Quinn in the schedule he arranged.  Bottom line here is, the players must step up their game come district time.  Lets face it, when you have a record like the Pirates do (19-3) you do have a target on your back and everybody is gonna get up for you.  As to the comment about sticking a fork in em.......this is a very tough district and the Pirates can certainly still make the playoffs if they elevate their game to district expectations.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami