Why is Silsbee in the Woodville Tourney?

BADSANTA

Maybe they didn't get an invite to the Gamble or Dallas tourneys. Ever thought of that?

Travis may have been told to stay local ($$$) therefore not going to Whataburger.

Also, Travis has never liked playing in the same tourneys that would have other 21-3A teams involved. That's why he has never played at HJ or EC tourneys.

I personally would have liked for him to have stayed in the YMBL this year. But I am not going to fault him for being in the Big Sandy or Woodville tourneys. He has played a fairly good schedule so far.

My question to you, BADSANTA, why did you wait till the day before the tourney to post a topic questioning why Silsbee is in the Woodville tourney? Why didn't you question it before the season started when the schedules were posted?

Would you be questioning them playing in this tourney had Silsbee been 7-8 on the season, instead of 13-2?

BTW, still waiting for you to pay me my $1000, you welcher.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="938468" timestamp="1293415274"]
Maybe they didn't get an invite to the Gamble or Dallas tourneys. Ever thought of that?

Travis may have been told to stay local ($$$) therefore not going to Whataburger.

Also, Travis has never liked playing in the same tourneys that would have other 21-3A teams involved. That's why he has never played at HJ or EC tourneys.

I personally would have liked for him to have stayed in the YMBL this year. But I am not going to fault him for being in the Big Sandy or Woodville tourneys. He has played a fairly good schedule so far.
[/quote]
I don't buy in to that line of thinking "don't want to play where my district opponents are playing". If you have a good team, just beat them more times than 2 district games. If you don't have a good team ,you get a chance to play against their strengths & get better before district..

I thinks it's a fair question, but remember Woodville had the same right to deny his team's entry,  but didn't. I am confident that Coach Williams is not afraid to play good competition. Also, there is much truth regarding the money issue as it relates to which tournaments you will play in; gas is going up and budgets are shrinking. 

Aggiearewe my question to you is that you post some of the most smart alec  comments I have ever read. I'm also from Silsbee, but because you maybe friends with the coaches you are slow to criticize.  Maybe they can't afford to put kids in a hotel in Dallas. I  guess I can say that it ok to be critical and ask questions. Playing in 3A, Silsbee will never go 7-8. They have had 1 losing season in like the past 25yrs maybe. Come on man!  You have a better chance of walking outside your front door and seeing the Statue of Libery that me paying you 1000 bucks.  Silsbee JV could go to the Woodville Tourney and WIN.

Aggie also to take it a step futher. If you look back at some other better Silsbee teams, they played in Houston Tourneys, Lufkin, Dallas, YMBL, Popeyes Classic, Gamble Classic etc.They are a elite 3A team with 5A size the past 3-4 years. Why play down when your goal is to get better. I'm a huge fan of the program but I have a right to ask questions just like any fan who pays their 3 bucks for admission. If you find calling games where the final score in a 2A tourney is Silsbee 119 Camden 32 have at in. Just seems a weak to me.

Silsbee's JV winning the tourny is a bit of a stretch!  They squeeked by H-F's JV the first round of the Kountze tourny.  Silsbee's lower level teams are down this year.  Fish have two REALLY quick guards that keep the tempo high and like to run.  JV team just didn't look like the teams I've seen in the past.  Maybe it's because Brooks is working with the fish this year...

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="938515" timestamp="1293422463"]
AAW can you add up the scores collectively and put Silsbee vs. all the other teams in the Big Sandy tourny.   
[/quote]

I am not sure I understand what you want.

Like I said, I would have prefered Silsbee to stay in the YMBL this year instead of returning to the Big Sandy tourney. The YMBL moved it's date up a week from last year and it ended up being the same week as Big Sandy. Not sure that Travis had already committed to Big Sandy before the date got changed for the YMBL. Travis is not one to pull out at the last minute. Either way, I would have rather seen them play at the YMBL. I will say, there still was some quality teams in the Big Sandy tourney (New Waverly, Woodville, East Chambers). Silsbee defeated two 4A teams (Caney Creek, Dayton) then played two of the better teams in the tourney (Woodville in semis, New Waverly in finals).

Silsbee did play in the Nederland tourney, which had a very good field. Silsbee did quite well in that tourney.

As for the Woodville tourney, yes, I would much rather see Silsbee at the Gamble Classic, but I don't know if Travis got an invite or not. I do know that Travis has tried to fill some open dates that he has for this season after a couple of teams canceled on him (plus he had a couple open dates prior to the season starting that he wanted to fill) and some local teams said no, one being PAM. Maybe PAM did not want Silsbee in their tourney, I don't know. ;)

Also, $$$ is an issue as well and it's probably why Silsbee did not travel far this basketball season.

Wooaaaaahhhh. Silsbees JV could win the woodville tournament? really? silsbees jv is probably good, but dont overexagerate and say they could win this varsity tournament. Woodville and Kelly demolish them with ease. Burkeville, Splendora, and maybe big sandy beat them. Dont be ridiculous. Yes, Silsbee has a good program. Exceptional for SETX actually. But as for any jv team in this region being able to beat woodville or kelly.....get real.

seeding for state tourney ... use your heads gentlemen. -- isnt the final 4 seeding based on record? if im wrong then its weak scheduling ,, if im right then maybe a 34-2 record would get you the no. 1 seed in austin .  and yes they are planning that far ahead -- sorry h-j ers.

Guest speechless
for the 358th time on this board this is how the state tournament pairings are deicded:

1)  top two winning percentages go opposite each other
2)  coin is flipped to decide who the top two winning percentages will play

[quote name="snooker" post="939044" timestamp="1293560713"]
seeding for state tourney ... use your heads gentlemen. -- isnt the final 4 seeding based on record? if im wrong then its weak scheduling ,, if im right then maybe a 34-2 record would get you the no. 1 seed in austin .  [b]and yes they are planning that far ahead -- sorry h-j ers.[/b]
[/quote]

And I am sure that many others are as well........like HJ!!!!  I doubt that many are not thinking about Austin, but some are more realistic than others!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124