UIL Football Finals Central Site Plan Set To Begin

KFDM COOP

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="934537" timestamp="1292554374"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/UIL-football-finals-central-site-plan-set-to-begin-904535.php
[/quote]    I believe it should go back& forth between Dallas& Houston.  . . Always inside

[quote name="Big Ford" post="934716" timestamp="1292599830"]
Can't read the article but I believe they should use a 3 year rotation between the Alamodome in San Antonio, Reliant in Houston and Texas in Dallas.  All will be in doors so not affected by the weather and in different parts of the state each year.
[/quote]  That's a winner i for got about the Alamodome in my 1st post 3 year rotation would be Great! !!!.. . . .

[quote name="One4All" post="934683" timestamp="1292596015"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=77671.msg934669#msg934669 date=1292595348]
I tend to come down on the side of Coach Jordan on this one.
[/quote]  Uil Basketball does it just fine Always at U.T
[/quote]

Then hold it at DKR.

[quote name="dayton" post="934712" timestamp="1292599560"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=77671.msg934683#msg934683 date=1292596015]
  Uil Basketball does it just fine Always at U.T
[/quote]

I agree... even if you have to travel far. One location just adds to the mystique of playing for a state championship.
[/quote]

It is a state championship game, it has mystique regardless of who else is playing.  Barron hinted at this in the article and he is correct.  This is nothing but a money grab.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="934749" timestamp="1292602537"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=77671.msg934712#msg934712 date=1292599560]
[/quote]

I agree... even if you have to travel far. One location just adds to the mystique of playing for a state championship.
[/quote]

It is a state championship game, it has mystique regardless of who else is playing.  Barron hinted at this in the article and he is correct.  This is nothing but a money grab.
[/quote]    WHAT'S BASKETBALL THEN. . . Somebody always has a point to cry about

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="934749" timestamp="1292602537"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=77671.msg934712#msg934712 date=1292599560]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

right... but i said ADDS to the mystique. I just kinda like the whole "Road to [u](insert city name her)[/u] " being the same every year.

I'll follow the broncos wherever so I really don't care. The 3 year rotation sounds good as well.

This will not happen in Houston due to the grass surface at Reliant, however I did read in todays Chron that the company that runs Reliant is looking into purchasing an artifical surface to use for high school and college games and keep the grass for the Texans.

[quote name="One4All" post="934730" timestamp="1292600978"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=77671.msg934716#msg934716 date=1292599830]
Can't read the article but I believe they should use a 3 year rotation between the Alamodome in San Antonio, Reliant in Houston and Texas in Dallas.  All will be in doors so not affected by the weather and in different parts of the state each year.
[/quote]   That's a winner i for got about the Alamodome in my 1st post 3 year rotation would be Great! !!!.. . . .
[/quote][quote author=Cat22 link=topic=77671.msg934799#msg934799 date=1292606852]
This will not happen in Houston due to the grass surface at Reliant, however I did read in todays Chron that the company that runs Reliant is looking into purchasing an artifical surface to use for high school and college games and keep the grass for the Texans.
[/quote]

Yea, I read that as well.  I think i could deal with the 3 year rotation.  Not going to make it to Dallas but if it was in Houson, I would make that trip and spend the weekend even if I didn't have a team playing.  So I'm all for them purchasing the turf and starting a 3 year rotation. 

Guest ECBucFan
[i]Most coaches, however, remain skeptical, led by former Converse Judson coach D.W. Rutledge, whose teams won the first 5A title game televised by Fox Sports Net (then known as Home Sports Entertainment) in 1992 and recently led opposition to the central-site plan as executive director of the Texas High School Coaches Association.

"We polled our board and the 5A and 4A coaches, [size=12pt][u]and all were overwhelmingly against a central site[/u][/size]," Rutledge said. [b]"But when you put your feelings out there and they continue to go forward, you have to make the best of it[/b]."[/i]

UIL = MONEY RULES   :(.

From Chron.com

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/7343480.html

For all of you that now understand about the UIL money grab, this is what TASO has been fighting because that is why the UIL wants to to make officials "register" with them. It's all about getting 50 bucks a man to have the right to officiate whatever sport you choose. The schools have let the UIL get to big and to much control.

One location is ridiculous.

Case in point. Last week, Henderson and Tyler Chapel Hill played for the state title of Class 3A DI. Instead of playing at Tyler Rose Stadium, which is only about a 20 minute drive for Henderson fans, in town for CH, both teams must travel over 2 hours to Arlington for the game.

I think it's wrong that the UIL has taken the control for playoff site's out of the coaches hands.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami