**SILSBEE vs. GAL. BALL Broadcast**/Ball wins a nailbiter!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932031" timestamp="1292200701"]
Lazeek are you serious! Tough compared to who HJ. No Silsbee doesn't play 1A Cayuga 3 times a week or LCM to try and pack on wins! Get real! Silsbee schedule is tougher than HJ's. I can't wait till they beat the crap out of them by 30 so you can go back into that cave you call Sour Lake!
[/quote]

Never said HJ had a tough schedule..........

And when you play in a tournament you cannot help it if you play a team more than once in the same tournament.

Packing on wins????  Legacy, PNG, Woodville, Anahuac, Jasper???  Aren't those guaranteed wins for Silsbee???

You cannot count tourneys.......never know who you will play in those.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know who has played the tougher schedule, I know HJ and Silsbee have both beaten some quality opponents.  Silsbee leading Ball by 10 and getting beat by 2 speaks for it self.  And 4A is stronger than 5A this year, just as last.  
That being said, I think it will still be close when they play in district.  I would give the edge to Silsbee.  I dont know how deep HJ goes and it seems that HJ plays very similar to the way Silsbee does.  Both full court pressure and push the ball up the floor.  
HJ will have to slow it down to beat them this year, I dont think they cant beat them if it is a 70 to 75 plus game.

AAW, read it again!!!  never said HJ had a tough schedule.

They do what they do each and every year and it has been very successful for them.  Take away the tourneys and they have played a decent schedule.........Kountze, Nederland, Anahuac, Central, LCM, East Chambers, Lufkin Hudson, Kelly and Legacy.  That is a schedule with 3---2A teams all of which made the playoffs last year and made decent runs.  The weakest of the three Anahuac made it to the Regional Final last year.  One 3A team which they play every year.  Three 4A teams who two for sure will make the playoffs and possibly the third.  And then two private schools.

Not a tough schedule but a competitive one.

Lazeek answer the question. Are you saying HJ's schedule is harder than Silsbee's? You can control who you play in a tourney if you host and invite them. Let's see....Host your own tourney.....invite weak 3A and 1A schools.....got to lose twice in the tourney not to reach the final....rematch vs team who played earlier that day......win by 20 and beat your chest like a champion..HJ keys to a 23-6 record.

For your info..........each team played 6 games in 3 days and HJ played earlier Saturday morning as well.  While we are on the topic of tournament since you brought it up............Silsbee had stout competition in both the Big Sandy and Woodville tournaments!!!!!!  Other than NW who has Silsbee played in those two tournaments???  

Other than Galveston Ball.........HJ and Silsbee have played about the same schedules to date.  Considering that Central and Nederland are both better than Ozen!!!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932057" timestamp="1292202508"]
Lazeek answer the question. Are you saying HJ's schedule is harder than Silsbee's? You can control who you play in a tourney if you host and invite them. Let's see....Host your own tourney.....[b]invite weak 3A and 1A schools[/b].....got to lose twice in the tourney not to reach the final....rematch vs team who played earlier that day......win by 20 and beat your chest like a champion..HJ keys to a 23-6 record.
[/quote]

can someone refresh my memory on how far that weak 1A school Cayuga went in the playoffs last year?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932086" timestamp="1292204443"]
Bullet13..last year? Who cares about last year. This is a new season!
[/quote]

It is easy to look into the past when you have STATE CHAMPS banners hanging on the wall instead of STATE SEMI-FINALIST!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="932062" timestamp="1292202873"]
For your info..........each team played 6 games in 3 days and HJ played earlier Saturday morning as well.  While we are on the topic of tournament since you brought it up............Silsbee had stout competition in both the Big Sandy and Woodville tournaments!!!!!!  Other than NW who has Silsbee played in those two tournaments???  

Other than Galveston Ball.........HJ and Silsbee have played about the same schedules to date.  Considering that [b]Central and Nederland are both better than Ozen!!!!![/b][/quote]

I don't think either of these two are better than Ozen at this point seeing as they both lost to WB by 5 or 6 who lost to Ozen by 14.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932108" timestamp="1292206463"]
Yes HJ has 3 state championships. Silsbee was in 4A for like 30yrs as well and not 3A. Silsbee may not have basketball championships but over ( track, power lifting, etc..) the school has 12 state titles. Don't think HJ has ever made it to the playoffs in football.
[/quote]

HJ has made the playoffs many times and they usually lose first round...........although they did make it to the Regional Final in 1998 or 1999!!!!!!

If you want to add State Championships you might want to compare with some other school.  HJ has more than 12 alone in golf!!!!!

[quote name="ST413" post="932107" timestamp="1292206428"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=77340.msg932062#msg932062 date=1292202873]

Other than Galveston Ball.........HJ and Silsbee have played about the same schedules to date.  Considering that [b]Central and Nederland are both better than Ozen!!!!![/b][/quote]

I don't think either of these two are better than Ozen at this point seeing as they both lost to WB by 5 or 6 who lost to Ozen by 14.
[/quote]

West Brook did comeback 10 days later and beat Ozen by 7.

It's all speculative but I really believe that if Silsbee were to play Ozen 4 more times, Silsbee would win all 4. But, Ozen won the game that was actually played.