**SILSBEE vs. GAL. BALL Broadcast**/Ball wins a nailbiter!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad Galveston Ball won.  Their were Silsbee parents making cat calls when G. Ball's kids were shooting free throws. And their were parents cheering at the refs "Take their whistles".  Hard fought game, and the best team, with the Class Act fans won the game.

Silsbee's team was great on the court and I give them a great deal of credit, unlike the fans that were obnoxious, seriously a grown woman making cat calls when a teen age boy is shooting free throws.  Grow up!

Very impressed with Silsbee tonight.  But also got to give Ball their due.  They beat four real good teams to win this tourney.  A very talented HCYA team, an amazing Christian Life team, a solid Baytown Sterling and then a very good and motivated Silsbee for the championship. 

Guest Two-Dogs...
I have now seen Silsbee play five games this year and I have to say what a great team I believe they are! No silsbee fan or ties here but I really like the heart and determination! I am also really really really impressed with Silsbees coach!!! He coached his a$$ off in this game! He offered encouragement and direction to his kids and he does it without degrading the kids! That man has my respect and if I wasnt already bald I would get my damn hair cut!!! Way to go TIGERS!!! You are number 1 in this Indian fan's book!!!

I was one of the grown ups yelling for the refs to get rid of the whistles and let them play!! I had a BLAST!

Pupmom, you must not go to many good bball games.  This is common at big games and for our Tigers this was a big game. But instead of complimenting the players for their great effort you have to criticize their parents and make statements that the better team won. Yes Ball was the better team but you just made as much of a fool out of yourself as you thought our fans did. Way to go Tigers keep playing like that and getting better and the sky is the limit.

Congrats Galveston Ball on the tournament championship!!!!!!

Also congrats to Silsbee with hanging with Ball!!!!!  Proved that you guys are the class of 3A in SE Texas.  This takes the pressure off of HJ, Cleveland and all others in Region III 3A and puts it all squarely on the Tigers back.  If you can hang with the #1 4A team in the state then you should cruise to Austin this year and win a state title!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="ST413" post="931630" timestamp="1292128716"]
Pupmom, you must not go to many good bball games.  This is common at big games and for our Tigers this was a big game. But instead of complimenting the players for their great effort you have to criticize their parents and make statements that the better team won. Yes Ball was the better team but you just made as much of a fool out of yourself as you thought our fans did. Way to go Tigers keep playing like that and getting better and the sky is the limit.
[/quote]Well Said ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Pupmom" post="931609" timestamp="1292126947"]
So glad Galveston Ball won.  Their were Silsbee parents making cat calls when G. Ball's kids were shooting free throws. And their were parents cheering at the refs "Take their whistles".  Hard fought game, and the best team, with the Class Act fans won the game.
[/quote]

::) ::) Have you ever been to a high school basketball game before??? This happens quite a bit in intense games!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="931633" timestamp="1292129000"]
Congrats Galveston Ball on the tournament championship!!!!!!

Also congrats to Silsbee with hanging with Ball!!!!!  Proved that you guys are the class of 3A in SE Texas.  This takes the pressure off of HJ, Cleveland and all others in Region III 3A and puts it all squarely on the Tigers back.  If you can hang with the #1 4A team in the state then you should cruise to Austin this year and win a state title!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

[/quote]

By the way,  there is no pressure on the Tigers we are never expected to win state, we never have.  HJ is expected to every year,  although it only happens about every 25 yrs or so. And Cleveland has been expected to for 2 or 3 yrs now.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="931704" timestamp="1292133756"]
Tigers lost this game at the free throw line.

Silsbee      20-35 from the line

Ball           34-44 from the line

14 point difference.
[/quote]

We definately have to improve that. With a guard heavy team,  we should shoot free throws a lot better. 

Individual scoring for both teams

Ball

Archie     27
Evans     22
Artmore    9
Johnson    8
Petteway  8
Brown       8

Silsbee

Stallworth     22
Lane            21
Gaines          21
T. Barrett      8
Harris           4
Elam             3
Wilson           1

Score by quarters

1        2       3        4       Tot

Ball                         21       23     13       25      82
Silsbee                    26       14     22       18      80

Silsbee lead 28 of the 32 minutes played.