**SILSBEE vs. GAL. BALL Broadcast**/Ball wins a nailbiter!

Galveston Ball head coach Jerald Temple will probably think twice about making pre-game comments like the ones he made tonight.

Playing the top team in 4A was incentive enough for Silsbee but to tell anyone within earshot during warmups that you will have the scrubs finishing off a 20+ point win, was not too bright.

I am proud of my Tigers for a great effort. You guys showed a ton of heart and I believe made a bit of a statement on the rest of the season.

I spoke to a few coaches from other teams who were in attendance after tonight's game, all were very impressed with the Tigers are were really impressed with the fact that Silsbee never once showed that they were intimidated by the #1 4A team in the state. Silsbee took it to Ball, gave them all that they could handle and then some. Came a breath away from pulling off the upset.

Congrats Ball on the win and congrats to Silsbee on proving everyone wrong!!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a statement.  I couldn't be any more proud of the Tiger's!!  If they improve the free throws and continue to get better,  it will be a fantastic season.  Great to see the Kelton and Prentice with big games.  And even better to see them handle things with DC  and Prentice with 3 fouls in the first half.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="931716" timestamp="1292135573"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=77340.msg931714#msg931714 date=1292135405]
Did everyone play tonight?
[/quote]

Saw everyone come in except for Rhone.
[/quote]

Good...still using our depth...and good experience.  Not sure why Rhone wouldn't play though.

[quote name="ST413" post="931717" timestamp="1292135690"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=77340.msg931716#msg931716 date=1292135573]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good...still using our depth...and good experience.  Not sure why Rhone wouldn't play though.
[/quote]

Not sure either. Seemed we lost alot when X. Harris was not in the game, he played a really good game when he was in. Their guard penetrating was the difference in the game and having Harris in limiited his drives into the lane. Was a great game and the Tigers greatly surpassed my expectations. I was expecting a 10-15 point loss. Playing a team like Ball as close as they did should give the boys a lot of confidence come playoff time.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="931667" timestamp="1292131604"]
[quote author=Pupmom link=topic=77340.msg931609#msg931609 date=1292126947]
So glad Galveston Ball won.  Their were Silsbee parents making cat calls when G. Ball's kids were shooting free throws. And their were parents cheering at the refs "Take their whistles".  Hard fought game, and the best team, with the Class Act fans won the game.
[/quote]

::) ::) Have you ever been to a high school basketball game before??? This happens quite a bit in intense games!!!
[/quote]sils did a great job...showed a lot of heart. Was most impressed with the coach from sils on the bench..seems to do a lot of the coaching with less antics. The sils supporters were great but when I saw the lady in the green shirt flip the bird at the ref and call the opposing player on the court a "cry baby" that was a lil too distasteful....and people say AAU is bad? Overall great effort by both teams....REAL basketball last night.

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="931612" timestamp="1292127257"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=77340.msg931610#msg931610 date=1292127069]
Pupmom are you serious? Both teams fought hard and played well! Ball is the #6 ranked team in the country. Do you even know basketball?
[/quote]

In what country is Ball the #6 team?
[/quote]

I don't know where you get your information but Ball is NOT ranked in any of the major national polls. They are ranked #1 in 4A in Texas.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="931718" timestamp="1292136477"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=77340.msg931717#msg931717 date=1292135690]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=77340.msg931716#msg931716 date=1292135573]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure either. Seemed we lost alot when X. Harris was not in the game, he played a really good game when he was in. Their guard penetrating was the difference in the game and having Harris in limiited his drives into the lane. Was a great game and the Tigers greatly surpassed my expectations. I was expecting a 10-15 point loss. Playing a team like Ball as close as they did should give the boys a lot of confidence come playoff time.
[/quote]Thank you! The guard

@ mammagotjuice ... you must be family if you think that about the coaching and not sure what game you were at if you saw someone flip the bird ... that's not the Silsbee fans I know.  

This season X is going to have to be that X-factor if this team achieves its potential.  DC and P-T are sure to play every night and Gaines looks like he's quickly regaining his form.  But, X is going to have to raise his mental game and cut back on the bad fouls.  When he's in there he can be a difference maker in rebounding on the DB's and can make the put back on the OB's.  Now that he's starting, will need to solidify his minutes by not having to be sat due to FT ... again, we'll need more minutes from him night in and night out.  

All need to improve FT shooting and when the opponent gets a fast break, don't foul them and let them score.  At least the Ball coach admitted after the game that they were lucky to get out with a win.  Rumors were that they might want us as their warm-up game going into playoffs.  SETXsports ... how'd you like that for a Montagne Friday-Night Matchup?!?  Hope you're working on it a;ready.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="931752" timestamp="1292163361"]
Tigers great game! Keep playing like this and let's get that free throw % around 75% for the team. Missing 14 ft hurts. Hit 3 more and its our game. Way to play. Galveston Ball coach Jerald Temple is a prime D. bag for thinking you were going to beat Silsbee by 20. Get real dude.
[/quote]You lost!!!! Don't matter the score. I like Jerald Temple's cockiness.

[color=red]The sils supporters were great but when I saw the lady in the green shirt flip the bird at the ref and call the opposing player on the court a "cry baby" that was a lil too distasteful.... Quoted from another poster[/color]

I rest my case, the fans need to practice some self control.  And yes I have attended 100's of High School Basketball games, and I have never witnessed such disrespect to the student athletes of the other team.  I am all for yelling and cheering, and jeering the refs.  But Flipping off a ref and calling kids names is not acceptable at any event.