Montgomery vs Pearland Dawson Predictions

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="917003" timestamp="1290482108"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=76491.msg916984#msg916984 date=1290481080]
[quote author=1ZANMAN link=topic=76491.msg916983#msg916983 date=1290481009]
Yup one is Friendswood who they shouldve won they lost the game themselves there. And they lost to LM saw both of the games they turned the ball over like 4 times against LM to if they don't turn the ball over than they win both games. May I say they had a 21-0 lead on Friendswood to.
[/quote]

friendswood does not have the offense PN-G does
[/quote]Got that right, they have a better offense.
[/quote]

IMO, top 3 offenses in region 3 go in this order...
1. Montgomery
2. Friendswood
3. PNG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[u]Breakdown[/u]
Montgomery run vs Dawson D:Edge-Montgomery
Montgomery pass vs Dawson D:Edge-Montgomery
Dawson run vs Montgomery D:Edge-Tie
Dawson pass vs Montgomery D:Edge-Tie
At times, Montgomery's offense might be slowed by Dawson, but they won't be stopped. Dobbins will probably have 200+ yards and 3 TDs. Dawson will try to power over Montgomery's D, but the Bears Defense will hold. Montgomery's defense will cause turnovers and that will be the key to the game.

Montgomery 38 Dawson 28

I know the problems that Montgomery present w/ the run game...  And I respect that.  But Dawson defense has become relentless.  They just held Quandre Diggs to around 65 yards rushing and he a beast UT commit from Angleton.  Dawson LB core average 4.4 speed and Steve O. (MLB) is a terror.  They will present problems to any opponent.  There's no escaping the speed that Dawson bring. Since the Friendwood lost I must say Dawson has the best Defense I seen against the run.  Ex.  Walton (Sante Fe), Johnson (Friendswood), T. Wright (La Marque) , Diggs (Angleton) all far below 100 yards.  They will bring the house and spy Dobbins w/ Steve O.  There will be some problems. 
Their offense is just as loaded... Only slacking due to conservative play calling.  Please believe me... There's a huge chance that Dawson will punish Montgomery!  They are ready for War!!  Don't let the record fool you... 2 losses in 24-4A isn't bad at all. 

2 losses in 24-4A isn't bad, but don't they have 1 or 2 more loses than that overall.  Montgomery only has 1. (to Brenham) I've seen Diggs, and i've seen Dobbins, and i'd worry more about Dobbins.  Besides, Diggs plays QB, (not even his real position) which is a different style of rushing.  Don't forget Montgomery can pass too.  (Angleton couldn't) It will be a good game, but I don't think Dawson can beat Montgomery.

Crosby got flatlined by Dawson 28-0 this year.  Diggs is an athlete that rushes out of the option... More or less another RB. Diggs is undeniably a beast.  Tim Wright ran for 1800 + change in only 9 games.  He's a beast too... Johnson from Friendswood is a speedster out of spread... On & on... Dawsons will challenge the run against the best of them.
Yes they do have 2 losses to good 5A squads...  But alot has changed since then, being that they learned from those losses. 
Montgomery only has a loss to Brenham which may be the only team they played on Dawson level across the board!  Remember Dawson was a State Semi-Finalist last year that loss to Lake Travis!  They went into those playoffs with some losses also! 
Be ready for an upset!

Here we go. First of all none of these rushers are as good as Leroy Dobbins. No one stops him, some slow him and maybe Dawson can do that. But he will still get 200+ yards, and 2-3 TDs at the least. If Dawson plans to try to stack the box and focus on Dobbins, then Bolfing will pick apart their secondary utilizing one-on-one matchups. Defensively, the Dawson O-line will have fits trying to keep up with the Montgomery defensive line. The bigger the o-line is, the better the Bear D-line does. Manvel, who beat Dawson, matches up similarly with Montgomery's numbers, except Montgomery has more yards offensively and allows less defensively. Dawson hasnt faced a premier back as talented as Dobbins in combination with a steady passing game. Montgomery doesnt turn the ball over often, and their defense forces a lot of turnovers. As often the case is, Dawson hasnt seen a defense built like Montgomery's, they are small, very strong, and extremely fast. The dawson O-line will have no idea how to handle them, and you can't just power over them, it just doesnt work. The defense is very smart and disciplined. Both sides of the ball, Montgomery has the advantage. Plain and simple.

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="917513" timestamp="1290550938"]
Crosby got flatlined by Dawson 28-0 this year.  Diggs is an athlete that rushes out of the option... More or less another RB. Diggs is undeniably a beast.  Tim Wright ran for 1800 + change in only 9 games.  He's a beast too... Johnson from Friendswood is a speedster out of spread... On & on... Dawsons will challenge the run against the best of them.
Yes they do have 2 losses to good 5A squads...  But alot has changed since then, being that they learned from those losses. 
Montgomery only has a loss to Brenham which may be the only team they played on Dawson level across the board!  Remember Dawson was a State Semi-Finalist last year that loss to Lake Travis!  They went into those playoffs with some losses also! 
Be ready for an upset!
[/quote]

I wouldn't call it an upset, no matter who won.  (The teams are evenly matched) I still say...
Montgomery 42
Dawson 38

[quote name="texasaggie" post="917530" timestamp="1290552887"]
Here we go. First of all none of these rushers are as good as Leroy Dobbins. No one stops him, some slow him and maybe Dawson can do that. But he will still get 200+ yards, and 2-3 TDs at the least. If Dawson plans to try to stack the box and focus on Dobbins, then Bolfing will pick apart their secondary utilizing one-on-one matchups. Defensively, the Dawson O-line will have fits trying to keep up with the Montgomery defensive line. The bigger the o-line is, the better the Bear D-line does. Manvel, who beat Dawson, matches up similarly with Montgomery's numbers, except Montgomery has more yards offensively and allows less defensively. Dawson hasnt faced a premier back as talented as Dobbins in combination with a steady passing game. Montgomery doesnt turn the ball over often, and their defense forces a lot of turnovers. As often the case is, Dawson hasnt seen a defense built like Montgomery's, they are small, very strong, and extremely fast. The dawson O-line will have no idea how to handle them, and you can't just power over them, it just doesnt work. The defense is very smart and disciplined. Both sides of the ball, Montgomery has the advantage. Plain and simple.
[/quote]Dawson will not be a pushover reguardless of all the attributes one may see in Montgomery.  Yards per off/def may have alot to do with whom your opponent was during the season.  Dawson has the fastest defense Montgomery has faced.  And these kids can flat out bring it.  I know that Montgomery is the best back they have faced, but T. Wright is a great back... just not as hyped as Dobbins because LaMarque chose to pass the ball last year and take him out the offense for some odd reason (new coach from Dallas).  But with a bad injury he killed the undefeated El Campo Ricebirds.  But it should be a good game because Dawson presents alot more than people know.

"Hyped"??????

It must be happy hour where you're at, and someone best take your keys. Leroy Dobbins is so far from "Hyped" you'd have to measure it with a laser range finder and a prism. Leroy is the least talked about back in the state, all anyone hears is Malcolm Brown, Jonathon Gray, KC Nlemchi, Quandre Diggs. Tim Wright, etc etc. Leroy stays under the radar, and just delivers on game day. 

Don't drink and drive please.

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="917674" timestamp="1290564370"]
[quote author=texasaggie link=topic=76491.msg917530#msg917530 date=1290552887]
[/quote]Dawson will not be a pushover reguardless of all the attributes one may see in Montgomery.  Yards per off/def may have alot to do with whom your opponent was during the season.  [b]Dawson has the fastest defense Montgomery has faced[/b].  And these kids can flat out bring it.  I know that Montgomery is the best back they have faced, but T. Wright is a great back... just not as hyped as Dobbins because LaMarque chose to pass the ball last year and take him out the offense for some odd reason (new coach from Dallas).  But with a bad injury he killed the undefeated El Campo Ricebirds.  But it should be a good game because Dawson presents alot more than people know.
[/quote]
I appreciate your support of your team but you need to get out of that area down south every now and again.  Brenham is the fastest defense Montgomery has or will face and frankly defense is not about speed anyway...yes it helps but it is over-rated.  La Marque's back is pretty good....he dances a little too much and doesn't get upfield at times.  Dobbins is on another level and no I'm not from Montgomery nor do I have any rooting interest.  

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="917804" timestamp="1290569025"]
"Hyped"??????

It must be happy hour where you're at, and someone best take your keys. Leroy Dobbins is so far from "Hyped" you'd have to measure it with a laser range finder and a prism. Leroy is the least talked about back in the state, all anyone hears is Malcolm Brown, Jonathon Gray, KC Nlemchi, Quandre Diggs. Tim Wright, etc etc. Leroy stays under the radar, and just delivers on game day. 

[/quote]No happy hour and I cover alot high school football games/boards/mags... and if you haven't heard the hype surrounding Dobbins maybe you should stay out of the bar and get into this sport.  By the way I haven't seen Tim Wright hyped at all.  Until he came out hard this year.  Dobbins has been on magazine covers etc... along with the others you mentioned.  Come with facts, don't just sit around punching keys.  You must be smoking if you play down the hype Dobbins has been given the past two seasons.  But he has deserved every single bit of it.  Great kid, running in a great system. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917865" timestamp="1290572046"]
Our defense is faster and better than Dawson's.  Dawson's defense is fast, and they are pretty good, but Brenham has one of fastest and best defenses in the state.
[/quote]I've seen Brenham and they are Monsters...No doubt about it.  How did Montgomery fair vs Brenham?  Exactly! 
Dawson will study and duplicate Brenhams defense with a twist to it to include their LB speed.  I'm by no scretch trying to take anything away from Montgomery nor what they have achieved. It's one night and one game... and I got a feeling Dawson is prepared to win this one.  JMO

[quote name="rollinac" post="917820" timestamp="1290569602"]
[quote author=fatmaverick link=topic=76491.msg917674#msg917674 date=1290564370]
[quote author=texasaggie link=topic=76491.msg917530#msg917530 date=1290552887]
[/quote]Dawson will not be a pushover reguardless of all the attributes one may see in Montgomery.  Yards per off/def may have alot to do with whom your opponent was during the season.  [b]Dawson has the fastest defense Montgomery has faced[/b].  And these kids can flat out bring it.  I know that Montgomery is the best back they have faced, but T. Wright is a great back... just not as hyped as Dobbins because LaMarque chose to pass the ball last year and take him out the offense for some odd reason (new coach from Dallas).  But with a bad injury he killed the undefeated El Campo Ricebirds.  But it should be a good game because Dawson presents alot more than people know.
[/quote]
I appreciate your support of your team but you need to get out of that area down south every now and again.  Brenham is the fastest defense Montgomery has or will face and frankly defense is not about speed anyway...yes it helps but it is over-rated.  La Marque's back is pretty good....he dances a little too much and doesn't get upfield at times.  Dobbins is on another level and no I'm not from Montgomery nor do I have any rooting interest.  
[/quote]Neither am I from Dawson... and I do get North.  By the way Jimmy Johnson won 3 SuperBowls with speed on defense.

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="917933" timestamp="1290592646"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=76491.msg917804#msg917804 date=1290569025]
"Hyped"??????

[/quote]No happy hour and I cover alot high school football games/boards/mags... and if you haven't heard the hype surrounding Dobbins maybe you should stay out of the bar and get into this sport.  By the way I haven't seen Tim Wright hyped at all.  Until he came out hard this year.  Dobbins has been on magazine covers etc... along with the others you mentioned.  Come with facts, don't just sit around punching keys.  You must be smoking if you play down the hype Dobbins has been given the past two seasons.  But he has deserved every single bit of it.  Great kid, running in a great system. 
[/quote]

Magazine Covers? Do tell there Mr Sports Reporter.  And by the way there hotrod, I have presented nothing but facts. Get involved? Have been for many years as both a player and coach. You're definitely not Derek Dusek, Matt Malatesta or Randy McIlvoy, I know them pretty well. And I'd be willing to bet you're not Jenny Dial, Sam Khan, Dustin Porterfield, Neal Farmer, Forrest Robeck, Randy Byers, Doug Johnson, or Dana Roarke, and I spoke with Travis (Stewart) yesterday and I'm sure you're not Stew. So I guess I'll have to look around a little more closely at the combines for a Fatmaverick.......

Mark F Barnes...
No I'm not a sports reporter or media guy PAID to love Texas High School Football!  I work 4/10's @ a refinery and run a small business on the side.  I pay my own way and the passion comes from inside.  Don't need the media to tell me who's great and who's not.  Thurs, Fri & some Saturdays (if games scheduled) I'm @ Texas High School games watching with other engineers, parents, students & Texas High School football fanatics.  I paid my way to state my opinion.  Half those people you mentioned aren't experts... It's simply their job and their opinion.  Glad to know you're in touch with Editors, Reporters & blog sites... Coach! 

Oh, well I though when you insinuated that you "cover alot (sic) high school football games/boards/mags..." that you were with the media. Well I think it's great that you support the kids, if you read through this board carefully, you'll find a thread I started addressing that very issue. Being semi-retired, I devote most of my time to supporting My youngest son in his final years in High School and on to A&M from here, and he so happens to be a teammate of Leroy Dobbins, and I have had the pleasure of getting to know Leroy on a more personal level than most I guess. I don't rely on "Media" to judge talent, usually video tape during film reviews, or actually watching them play at a game. And through working with camps and combines I have been allowed the privileged of getting a little more insight into what makes some of these future stars tick. I judge players on a lot more than just raw talent and god given athletic ability.  I look at them both on and off the field, character is a big deal in my book.

And in my honest opinion team balance and scheme is going to be the big factor in the latter rounds of the playoffs. A one man band is flashy and puts up great number for that person, but teamwork and balance will make it in the long hall. Stats don't mean a hill of beans when that first quarter gun sounds. Then it's all about execution, effort and shear determination, till the last tick falls off the clock. The work has been done in all the practices, the plans have been made, and all the films have been reviewed again and again. Come Saturday it will be up to those kids to get a hat on a hat, and play lights out football, for 48 minutes, winner take all. And whoever your home team is I hope they do well.......

But please know that not everybody that enjoys this sight, or many of the others, is just some homer that has no clue and is just "punching the keys"; because a mind is a terrible thing to waste......

Mark F Barnes...
First of all, nice post!
Sorry if I came off wrong. I'm just a fan, that's all.  I wish your son and team the best.  And I have a ton of respect for those involved with the kids.  My son is also in his Sr year playing for Manvel Mavericks.  And I own a small business that caters to the Pearland Oilers, Dawson Eagles & Manvel Mavericks students and parents.  I'm apart of a group of 35-45 year old THS Football fanatics that travel around watching games in the area and across the state.  Some of my favorites are Katy, Trinity, Longview, Carthage etc... Yet I live in Rosharon,Tx.  I hope I didn't offend you, as I respect everyone and their opinion. 
Just to note I've seen alot of RB's this year... And Leroy Dobbins is among the best the state of Texas has to offer. Good luck w/ Dawson... I'll be there... From there I'm going to see Manvel vs. PNG. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124