Kirbyville vs. Silsbee Predictions

Our defense is the key in this ball game. Defensive ends have to stay at home in order to slow down that option out of the veer. Can't get alot of penalties like we had in the BC game. And please Alvarez don't make bad play calls like last year loss 21-13. If we play solid defense and utilize Marlin Crawford as a decoy the open up the runnning game against these corn fed boys, my prediction 28-20 Kirbyville baby!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, after the game with WOS, we all know how good Silsbee can be. Yes, even you know that Kvilleballa. I have no doubt in my mind that Silsbee will bring the A game against Kirbyville. These players know how much this game means. The question is, can Kirbyville play on that level? If you think so, tell me why? Balla, I don't care one.......bit about last year. Somebody give me an example from a game from this year that makes them think so. I take Silsbee.

A week ago I would have taken Kirbyville in this game. But after watching the multitude of poor coaching decisions by the Wildcats last night, I lean to Silsbee. It will be a great game that will probably be decided by turnovers. Both teams will be good representatives from our district in the playoffs. One question......... does Coach Alvarez have any respect for field position??? :roll:

Silsbee by 10. Silsbee has to much depth and size for Kirbyville

Yeah, but they only played one game better than we did. That would be Wos. We are not worried about depth and size. Kirbyville has met caliber teams like this in the playoffs before. Barbers Hill had about 50 on their team last year. Kirbyville 28 Silsbee 20 if Jack Alvarez don't make bad play calls. It could be higher if we play mistake free football to put them Tigers away.

K'ville has to be able to handle the halfback dive on a consistent basis. Silsbee's main reason for keeping the WOS game so close was keeping their offense off of the field. If Silsbee get the 5-6 yards per carry going on some long drives it beats the defensive line down.

Will be in Kville come Friday. I believe the pressure is off of Silsbee now. Maybe they will not be too relaxed. Could be a real battle if both running games get off to a big start.

Went to the BC - Kville game. Kville has a good back. He cuts back a lot, good thing Silsbee plays good defense. Look for a high production night for Rhodes as Silsbee will probably run a lot of pass defense to try and get into shape for some passing teams down the road.

JMO.

K'ville has to be able to handle the halfback dive on a consistent basis. Silsbee's main reason for keeping the WOS game so close was keeping their offense off of the field. If Silsbee get the 5-6 yards per carry going on some long drives it beats the defensive line down.

Kirbyville is so disciplined against the run. Silsbee better have some kind of passing game. They are not going to run the ball on Kirbyville that well especially no dives. Kirbyville will beat Silsbee this year. They will stop Harper. He better not fumble the football on us because we known for capitalizing on our opponent mistakes.

Kirbyville is so disciplined against the run. Silsbee better have some kind of passing game. They are not going to run the ball on Kirbyville that well especially no dives. Kirbyville will beat Silsbee this year. They will stop Harper. He better not fumble the football on us because we known for capitalizing on our opponent mistakes.

Whatever. It is no secret that Silsbee throws the ball maybe 10 times a game. But, you have to commit 8 sometimes 9 players to the box to stop the veer. This leaves you wide open at some point in the game whether you like or not.

Not to sound insulting but just ask WO-S. You have to stop the run first.

I believe we outrushed them in yards and it was most likely a direct result to defending the occassional pass thrown during the first half of the game.

WO-S' defense, from what I have seen, is much better than yours.

Cats had better bring the A-game on defense because Silsbee will definitely run the ball regardless of how many you put in the box.

Silsbee by 14 points

They won't win this year. Last year they were the underdogs. It is the opposite this year. Forget about the WOS-Silsbee game. Kirbyville is too much for Silsbee. For Silsbee to be so good they are very inconsistent. This is a very young Kirbyville team that is fixing to prove a point. They know they lost in a fluke last year. This year Silsbee is fixing to see why they are something to be reckoned with. So they better bring their "A" game or its going to be alot of sad faces in that golden triangle. :oops:

KVILLE WAS HAMMERED BY THE CARTHAGE OPTION GAME EARLY IN THE SEASON. THEY ARE VERY EXPLOSIVE ON OFFENSE, BUT CAN THEY STOP THE SILSBEE VEER? SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME. :D

Silsbee will run and run often, they won't be stopped. It doesn't matter how disciplined Kirbyville is, they can't stop the run. It's hard to defend against 3 options any day. Silsbee wins, doesn't matter by how much or how little, those guys on that team will be ready and you all will see it. Bottom line silsbee will be able to run and will win.

They won't win this year. Last year they were the underdogs. It is the opposite this year. Forget about the WOS-Silsbee game. Kirbyville is too much for Silsbee. For Silsbee to be so good they are very inconsistent. This is a very young Kirbyville team that is fixing to prove a point. They know they lost in a fluke last year. This year Silsbee is fixing to see why they are something to be reckoned with. So they better bring their "A" game or its going to be alot of sad faces in that golden triangle. :oops:

Silsbee 28

Kville 28

Had to do it, Balla - just couldn't resist! :lol:

Forget about the WOS-Silsbee game. Kirbyville is too much for Silsbee. For Silsbee to be so good they are very inconsistent.... So they better bring their "A" game...

Balla, you never cease to amaze me. The inconsistency you noted, is definetly real. Thing thing about that inconsistency is that it stems from the fact that Silsbee is showing a trend of playing up or down to their opponent. This is the reason that Silsbee WILL beat Kirbyville. Read some posts, not even the Silsbee fans take Kirbyville for granted, much less the players. Silsbee players know that Kirbyville can beat them, and this is the very reason that Kirbyville wont beat them. Silsbee will be ready for this Kirbyville team. They respect the weapons on the Kirbyville offense. Also, Balla, what in the world makes you think that Silsbee wont be able to run againt the Wildcats. That big Silsbee line in front of some very good backs wont be stopped by Kirbyvilles defense.

This is for da Balla' date=' Silsbee in a romp 40-13. Go Tigers.[/quote']

Orangeboy, you crack me up making a stupid prediction like this. I feel where you coming from though. Kirbyville blew out orangefield. Now you wishing we lose. Pierce Rhodes is going to miss this game but we still have more backs. Kirbyville will whoop Silsbee this year.

Guest Orangeboy

I don't care about Orangefield, but since they are an Orange County team I would prefer them win in most cases over other teams. By team is the BC Cardinals. Really I think the K-Ville-Silsbee matchup will be a great one. I think Kirbyville has the talent to pull it out, but I'll go with Silsbee in a tight one 21-20, just wish I could be there to see these 2 going at it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami