Just need to vent this

Montgomery played Huntsville @ Buddy Moorehead Stadium in Conroe TX last Saturday night, and the Huntsville fan turnout was pathetic. What the heck is wrong with these people? They had a group of really good kids, that busted their bitts and made it to the playoffs. They were playing less than 30 miles from home and less than 200 people show up at a great venue? Huh really? It was really sad to see the empty stands across the way, and Montgomery had some fans sitting on that side because the Home side filled up. I just don't get it.

People get off your butts and support your kids. They put out the dedication to play a tough sport, make the grades to qualify to play, and stay out of trouble, and make the decision to do the right thing and not be out running the streets and getting into bad situations, or worse, and as a parent you can't get out and support your kids? Jeez it pisses me off to see it.

Okay vent over.....

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="912150" timestamp="1290097037"]
Montgomery played Huntsville @ Buddy Moorehead Stadium in Conroe TX last Saturday night, and the Huntsville fan turnout was pathetic. What the heck is wrong with these people? They had a group of really good kids, that busted their bitts and made it to the playoffs. They were playing less than 30 miles from home and less than 200 people show up at a great venue? Huh really? It was really sad to see the empty stands across the way, and Montgomery had some fans sitting on that side because the Home side filled up. I just don't get it.

People get off your butts and support your kids. They put out the dedication to play a tough sport, make the grades to qualify to play, and stay out of trouble, and make the decision to do the right thing and not be out running the streets and getting into bad situations, or worse, and as a parent you can't get out and support your kids? Jeez it pisses me off to see it.

Okay vent over.....
[/quote]

I hear you man. It's sad.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="912179" timestamp="1290098303"]
Many of the people who live in Huntsville just cant get up and leave when they want to.  They have to get permission.  ;)
[/quote] LOL  :D

Guest whoabroncos09
That's how it was when we played North Forest and we were at their home stadium. Dayton's side was full, but NF's side had to have only a good 200 people or less. I couldn't believe it because we were at their stadium and they didn't even fill their side half way up. 

Some of it is that high school football just isn't the end all to folks the way it was when I was growing up. When I was a kid at 5pm the stores were closing because everyone wanted to get to the game. I do not think it is that way anymore across the board.....it is in some towns but not as widespread as back in the day.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="912390" timestamp="1290116985"]
Some of it is that high school football just isn't the end all to folks the way it was when I was growing up. When I was a kid at 5pm the stores were closing because everyone wanted to get to the game. I do not think it is that way anymore across the board.....it is in some towns but not as widespread as back in the day.
[/quote]
Great point. With cable and the internet and all the other entertainment options out there today, I can see why the decline in attendence in many towns.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="912150" timestamp="1290097037"]

Okay vent over.....
[/quote]

Recruit PnG fans.. they tend to be faithful..

Well not every town cares as much for high school football as others do. You can't force folks to go out and support a team or sport that they might not enjoy.

I look at it like this. I'm a Madison fan (the one in Dallas.) and we're having the best season we've ever had as a UIL school in football this year and we're still playing in front of somewhere between 300-500 fans tops on our side of the field each week. The South Dallas Super Bowl against Lincoln is the only time they play in front of a crowd with more than a 1000 people in the stands. I can't make folks in that neighborhood enjoy football as much as I do. It'd be cool if more people in South Dallas came out to support the Trojans, but it's not going to happen. Some of it is the school being what many consider to be a basketball school and some of it is folks just don't have the money to travel and watch the team every week or, in many cases with the players parents or guardians, job related conflicts. That's just how it goes.

IT JUST ALL DEPEND ON HOW YOUR TEAM IS PLAYING,AND YOU ALL KNOW THIS.IFyour team is winning,then you are going to have people in the stands(dayton broncos)all the time,at home or on the road.if your team is not as good(north forest)the you are going to have only the players parents,grandparents,uncles etc in the stands,not the entire community ,like we are in bronco town.we tell the last one in DAYTON to turn off the lights when they leave

I went to the Kirbyville La Vega game last night and we were on the visitors side. Kville stands were basically full with only a few empty spots here and there. The La Vega side did not even have enouph fans to fill the reserve seeting. It would just be a guess but if they had more than 150 people there I would be suprised. Their team came up short but they played very hard and that QB gave it everything he had. The pirate fans that were there were very supportive it just seems a shame for the players to work so hard and not get more than that in a playoff game. I was supprised by the Kville turn out for a Thursday game but if LV had 44 boys suited out, cheer leaders and a big band and if no one showed but a parent or two from each kid they should have a bigger crown than they had. I give a lot of respect to the LV team they deserved more than they got.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami