Whats the first thing(s) to come to mind when thinking bout Texas HS football?

You mean besides the best players in the nation?

The national anthem and a moment of silence in which we all pray for the safety of the kids, no matter whose team they are on!
It starts in Tank tops and Flip flops and ends with my breath in the air and my kid’s letterman jacket, if someone else doesn’t have it!
It begins with hearts filled with pride and concludes with broken hearts for those seniors who are playing their last game!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="912143" timestamp="1290096830"]
You mean besides the best players in the nation?

The national anthem and a moment of silence in which we all pray for the safety of the kids, no matter whose team they are on!
It starts in Tank tops and Flip flops and ends with my breath in the air and my kid’s letterman jacket, if someone else doesn’t have it!
It begins with hearts filled with pride and concludes with broken hearts for those seniors who are playing their last game!

[/quote] :'( :'(

I'm on a roll ;D Seriously, it's been a while, but I would say getting amped up to knock someone's **** in the dirt. At WB, we really thought in our heads that nobody could beat us and we had that swagger. The friends you make during those grueling days in the summer time every year and to be rewarded come Friday night when you defeat the other team. Enjoy, because it's over fast.

I am quite a bit older than most of the quys on here, but the memories are just like yesterday.  I remember the adults would alway wear their Sunday best to the games.  Men in dress shirt and tie.  The victory dances in the school gym after the game and the cheers we would get when we walked into the gym.  One of the things that comes to mind was going to the barbershop on Saturday morning and all the old men patting you on the back and telling great game, whether you had a great game or not.  I think my fondest memory is of the guys I played with.  Most of us still get together every year to celebrate those years.  This last year at our 45th reunion the school had a pep rally for us to celebrate our state championships.  Those years are something I will always cherish.

Seeing the lights of an unfamiliar stadium light up the sky from a few miles away.  Driving down a road your not sure goes to the stadium, but the lights are guiding your way.  You roll the windows down to hear the drums and horns while the crisp air fills the car.  As you get closer you can see the haze of the fall air creating a glowing ring around each light pole and hear the muffled sound of the announcer giving way to a loud cheer.  The closer you get the faster your heart beats and the excitement takes over.

Then, without warning you find you are at the wrong damn stadium, watching the wrong damn team, and they don't have jalapenoes for the nachose that are getting cold.

Well the first part was inspiring.  ;D ;D ;D     

[quote name="bh89-2" post="912331" timestamp="1290109590"]
Seeing the lights of an unfamiliar stadium light up the sky from a few miles away.  Driving down a road your not sure goes to the stadium, but the lights are guiding your way.  You roll the windows down to hear the drums and horns while the crisp air fills the car.  As you get closer you can see the haze of the fall air creating a glowing ring around each light pole and hear the muffled sound of the announcer giving way to a loud cheer.  The closer you get the faster your heart beats and the excitement takes over.

Then, without warning you find you are at the wrong dang stadium, watching the wrong dang team, and they don't have jalapenoes for the nachose that are getting cold.

Well the first part was inspiring.   ;D ;D ;D     
[/quote]

Nice work...smokin' baby ! Nice.  ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="912290" timestamp="1290107107"]
I think of all the nights spent at the stadium cheering every play for my team to win. They thrill of victory and how on Saturday morning you go to the barbershop and listen how the old timers analize the game.
[/quote]

Exactly but mine was Thursday nights after half shell practice and then go get a cut and analyzing team.
[b]Woodville [color=yellow]Eagles[/color] class of 1998.[/b]

Simply put, some of the greatest times of my life. Playing the game as a youngster(including wearing purple pants with a white Indian stripe down the leg even though we were Eagles, lol), watching my daughters become cheerleaders and then watching my son play and excel for two of the same coaches I played for, all in winning tradition that began when I played. Gives me goose bumps now just thinking about how lucky I am.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder