PN-G 14 Vidor 7 FINAL/COMMENTS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a lot of lessons tonight for people that like to play comparative scores. You cannot tell how your team will do against another team by looking at the scores from teams they played previously. It just does not work although these forums are filled with such nonsense.

Let's see, Ozen hasn't won a game and has generally been pushed around in district so Lumberton will stay on track for that magical playoff spot. OOPS!

Nederland lost to Vidor. Nederland them beat PN-G. After beating Nederland, Vidor plays a very close (should have won) game against Central. They should not have any problem with PN-G right?. OOPS!

Nederland lost to Vidor. Nederland them played PN-G a very close game. LC-M really smacked PN-G around pretty good. They should then do the same thing to Nederland who seems to be an equal team to PN-G. OOPS!

Great win by the Indians tonight. Going into the 9th week of the season, you are still in the playoff hunt. Good luck.

Vidors defense was the only thing that kept them in the game, we shut out their offense until less that 3 minutes to play in the 4th, i was hoping for a shutout. We could not get anything going late in the game, get down inside the 5 and dont punch it in, disappointing! We are gonna have to step it up for Central this next week to have a chance

BTW congrats to the raiders for giving ozen their first win HaHA

Man' date=' I just LOVE watching a Pirate eat a crow!!!!!

:mrgreen:[/quote']I told you I will be on here every week..Win or lose..and I have..yall played a good game...Its weird one week our offense shows up and our defense dont..then this week it is the opposite..

I will always give credit where credit is due..some teams dont,they call it a "fluke" when the other teams win..Congrats on the win Indians..

yalls offense will have to pick it up though..Becasue our defense is not that good...

Guest jbseballfan

Vidor looked like a totally different team tonight then they did last week..

Gave up opening kickoff and then a long TD pass on 3rd down..

The Kickoff return cost them big time..

People upset in the stands over alot of things.

alot of fans looking for a new "Pirate" to guide the ship...

That's right.....they had an "off" game and everyone in the stands is ready to flog Mathews. They beat Nederland and played Central/PNG/Lumberton very close.....had they won those games he'd be a hero.

I wonder....does it ever occur to the daddys in the stands that Mathews and his crew can't get out there and play the game for the kids? Sounds like fairweather fans to me....but that's usually how it is when it comes to daddys and football. My advice.......go to college, get a degree, become a coach, quit your whining and see if you can do any better.

Piratefan.........this is certainly not directed at you....more to the people "in the stands."

That's right.....they had an "off" game and everyone in the stands is ready to flog Mathews. They beat Nederland and played Central/PNG/Lumberton very close.....had they won those games he'd be a hero.

I wonder....does it ever occur to the daddys in the stands that Mathews and his crew can't get out there and play the game for the kids? Sounds like fairweather fans to me....but that's usually how it is when it comes to daddys and football. My advice.......go to college' date=' get a degree, become a coach, quit your whining and see if you can do any better.

Piratefan.........this is certainly not directed at you....more to the people "in the stands."[/quote']I know it is hard to sit in the stands and listen to it ,and then tell a dad that it was his son who fumbled or missed the blockign assignment.

i left late in the 3rd..alot of people was hollering and griping.I wanted to say well if your son would block then there wouldnt be a problem..but what do you tell those people

Guest jbseballfan

It is sad. The worst thing about high school sports today is that parents have such a distorted image of what their children are really capable of. You have to face the facts....sometimes your kid just doesn't cut it. The coaches do the BEST they can with what they've got, and at the end of the day, that's all a parent can really ask for. It fires me up to see people verbally bash coaches in the stands and never let their kids own up to their shortcomings. And furthermore, most of the time it makes the kdis feel awful hearing a parent bash their coach, whom they love and respect.

Sorry....sore subject for me....I'm married to a coach lol.

Sorry you guys couldn't pull off a win.......sounds like those kids have great heart though.....and that speaks volumes about who their coach is.....

It is sad. The worst thing about high school sports today is that parents have such a distorted image of what their children are really capable of. You have to face the facts....sometimes your kid just doesn't cut it. The coaches do the BEST they can with what they've got' date=' and at the end of the day, that's all a parent can really ask for. It fires me up to see people verbally bash coaches in the stands and never let their kids own up to their shortcomings. And furthermore, most of the time it makes the kdis feel awful hearing a parent bash their coach, whom they love and respect.

Sorry....sore subject for me....I'm married to a coach lol.

Sorry you guys couldn't pull off a win.......sounds like those kids have great heart though.....and that speaks volumes about who their coach is.....[/quote']everygame they have been in was close..

but they cant have "off' games in this district. maybe next year..

I wonder....does it ever occur to the daddys in the stands that Mathews and his crew can't get out there and play the game for the kids? Sounds like fairweather fans to me....but that's usually how it is when it comes to daddys and football. My advice.......go to college' date=' get a degree, become a coach, quit your whining and see if you can do any better.

Piratefan.........this is certainly not directed at you....more to the people "in the stands."[/quote']

I think Matthews can be compared to the parable of the 5 loaves and the 2 fishes or even Jesus walking on water. What he has done with Vidor is nothing short of miraculous.

Respectfully, Vidor has no real talent, small players and few to choose from. He usually has 1 fairly decent athlete, this year it is a running back and that is IT.. He takes that and gives Vidor real hope of winning despite a tremendous deficiency in size, talent and a disadvantage to PNG, Nederland, Central and Ozen's talent pool..

Watching the way he coaches his kids and the passion he coaches with.. I think he would be a viable replacement for Coach Neumann at Nederland and could probably win a state championship if you gave him talent like LaMarque or WOS.

HE is not the problem, Vidor is not the problem. It just is what it is. He is doing an absolutely INCREDIBLE job with what he has to work with and if you knew anything about football whatsoever you would realize that.. You better hope he stays around for a long time because coaches of his caliber are hard to come by and if he leaves unless you get a comparable coach, which I doubt, Vidor will once again be reduced to a bottom dweller just like Nederland will when Neumann leaves if someone does not step up.

Central and Ozen do not need as good of coaching because they have LOTS of guys that are natural born athletes. They are big and they are fast and they are strong... That is their advantage,, it is what it is.. Just hand the ball to a big strong fast guy and let him run.. Its just the way the world works..

I wonder....does it ever occur to the daddys in the stands that Mathews and his crew can't get out there and play the game for the kids? Sounds like fairweather fans to me....but that's usually how it is when it comes to daddys and football. My advice.......go to college, get a degree, become a coach, quit your whining and see if you can do any better.

Piratefan.........this is certainly not directed at you....more to the people "in the stands."

I think Matthews can be compared to the parable of the 5 loaves and the 2 fishes or even Jesus walking on water. What he has done with Vidor is nothing short of miraculous.

Respectfully, Vidor has no real talent, small players and few to choose from. He usually has 1 fairly decent athlete, this year it is a running back and that is IT.. He takes that and gives Vidor real hope of winning despite a tremendous deficiency in size, talent and a disadvantage to PNG, Nederland, Central and Ozen's talent pool..

Watching the way he coaches his kids and the passion he coaches with.. I think he would be a viable replacement for Coach Neumann at Nederland and could probably win a state championship if you gave him talent like LaMarque or WOS.

HE is not the problem, Vidor is not the problem. It just is what it is. He is doing an absolutely INCREDIBLE job with what he has to work with and if you knew anything about football whatsoever you would realize that.. You better hope he stays around for a long time because coaches of his caliber are hard to come by and if he leaves unless you get a comparable coach, which I doubt, Vidor will once again be reduced to a bottom dweller just like Nederland will when Neumann leaves if someone does not step up.

Central and Ozen do not need as good of coaching because they have LOTS of guys that are natural born athletes. They are big and they are fast and they are strong... That is their advantage,, it is what it is.. Just hand the ball to a big strong fast guy and let him run.. Its just the way the world works..

I did not mean to disrespect the team, but you need to get out of the district and watch real quality 4A football.

Vidor has talent but they do not have enough 4A playoff level talent for Coach Matthews to work with, at least not yet... I am telling you if Vidor ever gets REALLY serious about preseason condtioning and gets a batch of well rounded athletes on both sides of the ball Coach Matthews can get into the playoffs and make a serious run. Vidor defintely has the will to win and a lot of heart and pride.. But they are not even CLOSE to a serious contender.. Just go to Houston this year and watch all of the playoff games you can. Watch the size and speed of their big guys, they are BIG and they are FAST and they are STRONG. Sure Vidor has some speedy players but great teams have lineman that are as fast as your wide receivers man. Im telling you.. Theres a much bigger picture than you are seeing in district play,,, I know because I have seen it.. Try me and I GUARANTEE you you will come back agreeing with me.

I understand what you are saying Mike .

it is what it is..Cntral and Ozen has the athletes..Vidor Nd.lumberton,Png all have to work alot harder to compete.

Mathews has brought this team along way.

We were right in the Central,Lumbertonand the Png game..That is competing right there..one or two plays and we are in..

it is hard to hear that yoru tema doesn't have alot of talent.but it is true..I have seen football out side this area..it is hard to read yoru post btu it is true.

alot of people will take it with disrespect,but dont..Good post and good luck to yall the rest of the season

Guest Pirate V Ball

Word is Coach Matthews will not be here next year. He wants to go back to BC if tarver retires, if not he has said he may move to tennessee where his brother coaches a 5A team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder