BH Football

JS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season at a glance:

The season started off with almost a complete new coaching staff.  A completely different offense was installed.  22 or 23 of the Eagles are underclassmen.  Three quality, but very different QB's fighting for #1 spot.  The pre-season pick for QB was overshadowed by excellent play from K. Denny who is a freshman and new to BH schools.  His dad is the new baseball coach taking over for long-time coach Gill Staulbaum. Receivers moved from the spread to running back and a few new ones stepped in.  Defensive leadership was found in Senior Bellard, and Senior safety Morton made a name for himself on both offense and defense.  Morton brought back memories of the Mason Fisher high-flying catches many of us remember.  The defense started off a little slow, however after getting a "beating" (as Coach Gage Put it) they played very good defense and allowed very few points the next several games.  Offensively they started out rusty, but still managed to beat Nederland, and ended up with only 1 district loss and captured 2nd place in district.  Should have won their first playoff game, but turnovers and a few really bad penalties kept them down, as had happened in the Dayton game.  A 3rd and inches play-call did not help matters either, but we all wished we had something back. Overall the team exceeded expectations by most.

The future is bright for Bh with 22 or 23 returning next season, with most key players returning.  There are a number of players expected to step-up in the varsity role and a lot of very young kids who are already there.  I assume the offense will gain complexity as the kids get used to the basics and we will see more pass/run balance as the kids develop.  Experience, talent, and quality coaching should take the Eagles well into the playoffs next season.  The kids have really taken to this new staff and the staff seems to really be interested in the kids.  As it often is in Region III, just depend on who you draw and who wants it more.  Exciting times on the "Ant Mound"......."Bump"........"Hill".....or whatever you want to call us.      

P.S.  If we WUSIFY our freaking Mascot again next year I am going to pluck that  costume.  Geez louis, what the heck is a freaking mascot doing in a "censored" at a playoff game AND what the heck is up with that BOWE on an Eagles head??????  ??? ???  >:(

That's almost as bad as that former goober band director coming in and changing the freaking school song!!!!!!  >:(  

"Come on Man!"  

[quote name="bh89-2" post="910767" timestamp="1289935888"]
Season at a glance:

The season started off with almost a complete new coaching staff.  A completely different offense was installed.  22 or 23 of the Eagles are underclassmen.  Three quality, but very different QB's fighting for #1 spot.  The pre-season pick for QB was overshadowed by excellent play from K. Denny who is a freshman and new to BH schools.  His dad is the new baseball coach taking over for long-time coach Gill Staulbaum. Receivers moved from the spread to running back and a few new ones stepped in.  Defensive leadership was found in Senior Bellard, and Senior safety Morton made a name for himself on both offense and defense.  Morton brought back memories of the Mason Fisher high-flying catches many of us remember.  The defense started off a little slow, however after getting a "beating" (as Coach Gage Put it) they played very good defense and allowed very few points the next several games.  Offensively they started out rusty, but still managed to beat Nederland, and ended up with only 1 district loss and captured 2nd place in district.  Should have won their first playoff game, but turnovers and a few really bad penalties kept them down, as had happened in the Dayton game.  A 3rd and inches play-call did not help matters either, but we all wished we had something back. Overall the team exceeded expectations by most.

The future is bright for Bh with 22 or 23 returning next season, with most key players returning.  There are a number of players expected to step-up in the varsity role and a lot of very young kids who are already there.  I assume the offense will gain complexity as the kids get used to the basics and we will see more pass/run balance as the kids develop.  Experience, talent, and quality coaching should take the Eagles well into the playoffs next season.  The kids have really taken to this new staff and the staff seems to really be interested in the kids.  As it often is in Region III, just depend on who you draw and who wants it more.  Exciting times on the "Ant Mound"......."Bump"........"Hill".....or whatever you want to call us.      

[/quote]

Well said JJ....very impressed w/ what Gage has done in 1st year. Equally impressed w/ how the kids responded to new coaches and change. Where are all the outsiders that thought BH was stupid getting rid of Price ?

Where are all the insiders who were willing participants in some unabashed "Gage bashing" early in the season?  :o  "Outed offense" , "Don't they know people try the forward pass now" , among all the others. I know, I know, it wasn't you. It must have been all those Price supporters.

I totally agree.  I was in shock at seeing a  football mascot in a tu tu. It was horrible. If I never see this again in my life it will be to soon.LOL.If I were a BH Fan there would be a revolt.So was it like this all year? ???[quote name="bh89-2" post="910800" timestamp="1289938862"]
P.S.  If we WUSIFY our freaking Mascot again next year I am going to pluck that *&^(*&^(* costume.  Geez louis, what the heck is a freaking mascot doing in a *&)(*&^^*& Too-Too at a playoff game AND what the heck is up with that (*&^(%(&^ BOWE on an Eagles head??????  ??? ???  >:(

That's almost as bad as that former goober band director coming in and changing the freaking school song!!!!!!  >:(  

"Come on Man!"  
[/quote]

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="910926" timestamp="1289951152"]
I totally agree.  I was in shock at seeing a  football mascot in a tu tu. It was horrible. If I never see this again in my life it will be to soon.LOL.If I were a BH Fan there would be a revolt.So was it like this all year? ???[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=76205.msg910800#msg910800 date=1289938862]
P.S.  If we WUSIFY our freaking Mascot again next year I am going to pluck that *&^(*&^(* costume.  Geez louis, what the heck is a freaking mascot doing in a *&)(*&^^*& Too-Too at a playoff game AND what the heck is up with that (*&^(%(&^ BOWE on an Eagles head??????  ??? ???  >:(

"Come on Man!"  
[/quote]
[/quote]

I won't tell a soul I promise...A tu tu.. ;D ;D...Come Onnnnnnnn Man.!!

the mascot i have never answer for. first time i saw the girl in it wear a tutu though. i though "hmmmmmmm this makes us look like a [color=crimson]Censored[/color] why in the world would you wear that. they deglorified tha mascot all year long making it less footbally and more femine uggggghhhhhhhhhhh. i say next tiem we see it we all go down there and takle the [color=crimson]Censored[/color] out of the mascot and take the suit :D

Hard to imagine "Home of the Fighting Eagles" with a tu tu wearing bird............  >:( >:(  The glitter hat even made it worse.  The "Hill is for Real" and our sequin and lace chicken was not!

In the upcoming BH electoral vote I am voting for:

1. New uniforms from a time after Columbus Sailed the Seven Seas! 

2. Pluck the Richard Simmons chicken and return the Fighting Eagle!

;D ;D

One more thing.  I was just watching the Rocket Power Dancers during a station break.  I vote we NEED some of those too!  In an effort to support BH, if there is not enough practice area at the school, they are MORE THAN WELCOME to practice in my house or in the back yard.  I am SURE my male neighbors won't mind, at least they won't after their divorse in final........... ;D ;D ;D

This thread is one of the most entertaining reads on the board. I was kinda wondering about the tu-tu wearing mascot? It is also kind of disturbing that I agree with bh89-2! The Eagles were a much tougher team this year than I'm used to seeing. They will be a playoff contender for the next couple of years. Looking forward to seeing y'all again next year.

[quote name="indnfan" post="911142" timestamp="1289966166"]
Let me guess. The new slogan for next year will be "THE HILL IS FOR REAL"...LOL... JK. Looks like you guys will have a quality program next year. Good luck Eagles!!!
[/quote]

Actually we are just rubbing the political buttons so we get ranked ahead of WOS and Nederland at the beggining of the 2011 season..........  ;D 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="910800" timestamp="1289938862"]

"Come on Man!"  
[/quote]

I was cracking up when I saw the tutu and thought WTH  ???  I am glad to hear that BH fans were thinking the same thing.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="910804" timestamp="1289939168"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=76205.msg910767#msg910767 date=1289935888]
Season at a glance:

[/quote]

Well said JJ....very impressed w/ what Gage has done in 1st year. Equally impressed w/ how the kids responded to new coaches and change. Where are all the outsiders that thought BH was stupid getting rid of Price ?
[/quote]Gage still has not done anything Price did. So, I am still not impressed. All you gage supporters will realize the mistake you made by getting rid of a coach like coach price. That is the problem  in BH, the fans run the athletic program. What I mean by that is, the best players don'y play but players who parents have the most money plays. That will never happen over here in Jerry's Program. Thats why we will put another 54-0 Whoooooopin on the hill next year for coach Price again. I don't have time to talk about this any more. We have more important issues to deal with like kp this saturday. So tell gage to come get a seat and learn what a 21 century offense looks like and not a ice age one. 

[quote name="broncos92" post="911349" timestamp="1290007368"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=76205.msg910804#msg910804 date=1289939168]
Season at a glance:

[/quote]

[/quote]Gage still has not done anything Price did. So, I am still not impressed. All you gage supporters will realize the mistake you made by getting rid of a coach like coach price. That is the problem  in BH, the fans run the athletic program. [b]What I mean by that is, the best players don'y play but players who parents have the most money plays.[/b] That will never happen over here in Jerry's Program. Thats why we will put another 54-0 Whoooooopin on the hill next year for coach Price again. I don't have time to talk about this any more. We have more important issues to deal with like kp this saturday. So tell gage to come get a seat and learn what a 21 century offense looks like and not a ice age one. 
[/quote]

Complete rubbish.  You worry about Dayton and we'll worry about BH
Good luck in the playoffs.

[quote name="broncos92" post="911349" timestamp="1290007368"]
Season at a glance:

[/quote]

[/quote]Gage still has not done anything Price did. So, I am still not impressed. All you gage supporters will realize the mistake you made by getting rid of a coach like coach price. That is the problem  in BH, the fans run the athletic program. What I mean by that is, the best players don'y play but players who parents have the most money plays. That will never happen over here in Jerry's Program. Thats why we will put another 54-0 Whoooooopin on the hill next year for coach Price again. I don't have time to talk about this any more. We have more important issues to deal with like kp this saturday. So tell gage to come get a seat and learn what a 21 century offense looks like and not a ice age one. 
[/quote]
I will agree with you on the community/parent issue. Too much input.....even in the interview/hiring process. That will have to change to move to the next level.....in my opinion. I will say that I think Coach Gage got as much out of his team as he could........

[quote name="Eagle11" post="911359" timestamp="1290007916"]
[quote author=broncos92 link=topic=76205.msg911349#msg911349 date=1290007368]
Season at a glance:

[/quote]

[/quote]
I will agree with you on the community/parent issue. Too much input.....even in the interview/hiring process. That will have to change to move to the next level.....in my opinion. I will say that I think Coach Gage got as much out of his team as he could........
[/quote]

Not in my opinion .... there were a couple of players, whose names made the headlines a couple of weeks down the stretch that he had on the sidelines during the last quarter of the game ..... that's not how you win playoff games.  Agree completely with the parents being WAY to involved.  All District Picks were turned in last week, so we will see if he gives credit where credit is due or if the parents made that call as well.

Parents are involved alot for a fact. But changing the coach for bh was jus a excuse for losing I think..in 06 when price was still the coach the team was great the players were awsome after that it was sort of winless.. I don't think its so much of the coach for losing or winning its what the players bring out to the feild..now for the coaches they have to connect with every player on the team bring out the best in them (ex. Stewart) care about the players, teach them to better in every aspect of the game, how to show and play with heart on the feild. Price was a good coach to the players but could have done a better job by connecting with the players. Hopefully gage can provide that at the hill. Good luck to the eagles and all the returning players for next year!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="911295" timestamp="1290003215"]
[quote author=indnfan link=topic=76205.msg911142#msg911142 date=1289966166]
Let me guess. The new slogan for next year will be "THE HILL IS FOR REAL"...LOL... JK. Looks like you guys will have a quality program next year. Good luck Eagles!!!
[/quote]

Actually we are just rubbing the political buttons so we get ranked ahead of WOS and Nederland at the beggining of the 2011 season..........  ;D 
[/quote]

I wish Hooks would schedule the hill so WOS would just shut everybody up about "the hill" beating a 3a. If I remember we lost to friendswood by 1 point and they are 4a and made it to the state semifinals last year. Yea "the hill" hasnt won a playoff game yet so I can really see why WOS is always ranked higher than "the hill". sorry for pushin that button and i did kinda go there. not meaning to be rude just wish Hooks would shut some people up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83