• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="VID Section" post="910322" timestamp="1289877123"]
Let's do the math.

Lamar (Prov-Hump)
Ticket into the game $7
Parking $5
Or a mile walk (round trip) if your cheap.
[/quote]

No way! I attended the Silsbee - Huffman game, and there was NO parking fee, and I got there 5 mins til kickoff and the "walk" was all of about 50 steps. Facts!

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="910350" timestamp="1289878833"]
Went to the Silsbee game Thurs. at Cardinal Stadium and the PNG game Friday. Much preferred Cardinal Stadium. Sight lines are not good at all in the upper deck, it seems like it was built too flat (needed more angle to them) or they should have been spread farther out away from the field. From the top rows you can barely see the sidelines.
[/quote]

This.

Both facilities are awesome but BISD either needed the stands further away from the field or a steeper angle to the upper deck.  If you're more than halfway up the upper deck you cant see the sideline.  Saying this I'd still play there every week of the playoffs if possible cause its a good atmosphere and easily accessible.

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="910212" timestamp="1289872379"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76172.msg910204#msg910204 date=1289872129]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=76172.msg910198#msg910198 date=1289871940]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76172.msg910166#msg910166 date=1289870407]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=76172.msg910135#msg910135 date=1289868823]
[b]The wind is less of a factor at Cardinal Stadium,[/b] and it almost seats twice as much.  However, I love the double decker stadiums.  The Thomas Center and the Berry Center are really great stadiums for high school foootball.
[/quote]Why is that?
[/quote]The field at Cardinal stadium is sunk below ground level, a north wind is blocked by the Montagne Center, and the south wind is blocked by the new field house.  At the Butch, a north or south wind is unobstructed and[b] the field level is not sunk.[/b]  Not taking anything away from the Butch, it is a great complex and something BISD should be very proud of.
[/quote]No, I really didn't know that.  I never observed those things.  You're right.  Thanks for that tidbit of info, man!
[/quote][b]I heard the field was sinking...maybe we'll get there one day.. ;D[/b][/quote]

made me laugh for a good couple minutes...good one hahaha  ;)

[quote name="VID Section" post="910322" timestamp="1289877123"]
Let's do the math.

Lamar (Prov-Hump)
Ticket into the game $7
Parking $5
Or a mile walk (round trip) if your cheap.

The "Butch"
Ticket into the game $7
Parking "Free" 
That's an extra boudin or nachos and a drink for the Kids.
Plus the closet seats to the field in the area on the first level.
And the chance to holla words of encourgement to my son.
(Priceless)
See ya Friday at the "Butch"
How bout them Jags !!!!!

Oh almost forgot to mention the best tailgating facility in the area

And just think what the "Butch" will have to offer after the "Waldrof Astoria at the "Butch" is opened.
Probally will be $10 for parking then. So enjoy it now.
[/quote]

Mustangs just played there Friday and there wasn't a fee to park, it was free. Not only that bought tickets from the high school and saved $2 per ticket.

[quote name="AstrosDawg07" post="910420" timestamp="1289888566"]
[quote author=loopswoop12 link=topic=76172.msg910158#msg910158 date=1289870070]
If it comes down to a close game the smaller field goal posts at Lamar could be a factor IMO
[/quote]

Width wise?
[/quote]Yes..Highschool goalposts are nearly 5 feet wider than College or NFL's

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="910534" timestamp="1289920222"]
As a fan, I would prefer Provost-Umphrey over Da Butch. Much better stadium to watch a game.

As a broadcaster, I prefer Da Butch. The pressbox is much, much nicer and easier to work in than the pressbox at PU.
[/quote]

I expect vast improvements in the future to Lamar's Pressbox.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="910507" timestamp="1289918729"]
I am gonna go with the Butch also.  Yes, Cardinal stadium seats more but the Butch is roomier.  People are not all over you when they have to get up and go to the restroom or the concession stands.
[/quote]

So thats what it is---Dang it--I thought I had lost some weight.  >:(

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="910583" timestamp="1289923435"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=76172.msg910507#msg910507 date=1289918729]
I am gonna go with the Butch also.  Yes, Cardinal stadium seats more but the Butch is roomier.  People are not all over you when they have to get up and go to the restroom or the concession stands.
[/quote]

So thats what it is---Dang it--I thought I had lost some weight.  >:(
[/quote] :D :D :D

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="910700" timestamp="1289931373"]
Any stadium with site line problems has issues.  Not good architectural planning!
[/quote]

You can understand it in some large stadiums, but for a stadium that has the capacity of the Butch there is no excuse. Very nice stadium otherwise, and the parking was great.

Honestly,
It's really nice to have gone from having only 1 stadium (The Reservation) with at least truf. To having 4 staduims (P.A., The Reservation, BISD and Lamar) with truf and all having some great features to appreciate in only one season.

I would attend a playoff game at anyone of them any weekend and will, no matter what it cost.

Just wonder why it took so long for such die hard Southeast Texas football fans to get the facilities we and our kids deserve.
This is an historic time in S.E. Texas to be watching any kind of state playoff game in the second round here at home.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to watch a few more playoff games this year and several in the future.

Don't forget S.E. Texas still retains the title of the Pro Football Capital.
And we have some great facilities in the area to display that talent now.
(Some of the young poster under 35 may not know what I'm talking about)

[quote name="bulldawg64" post="912522" timestamp="1290127121"]
i have not yet been  to lamar since the upgrade
but the butch is a first class place good to see
for high school football.
[/quote]
The Butch right up there with any stadium in the area and is in a great location. P.A.'s Memorial is real nice since the upgrades. i am suprised there was not a first round game played there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder