PN-G vs. BH Playoff Predictions?

[quote name="Eagle11" post="902497" timestamp="1289321775"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=75638.msg902470#msg902470 date=1289320111]
Went to Nederland, INDIAN fan becuase of my son that plays on varisty, Let me tell you,The school spirit is unmatched ! I have had this talk with alot of my die hard Nederland friends
[/quote]
PNG travels well and they do have spirit.....I give you that.

A&M has that market cornered but what has that related to on the field.......not a whole lot in say 10 years. I was not born and raised in BH....my son goes there so I support them.

As for PNG Envy........really........envious of what........fan support..........are you kidding me?
[/quote]

Lol... :D

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Two-Dogs...
Went to Nederland, INDIAN fan becuase of my son that plays on varisty, Let me tell you,The school spirit is unmatched ! I have had this talk with alot of my die hard Nederland friends
[/quote]

A&M has that market cornered but what has that related to on the field.......not a whole lot in say 10 years. I was not born and raised in BH....my son goes there so I support them.

As for PNG Envy........really........envious of what........fan support..........are you kidding me?
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx8/Carzan/envy.jpg[/img]

Back to subject:
BH stats= yards per game 273.3, given yards per game 241.7, points per game 19.9, points given 19
PN-G stats= yards per game 391.7, given yards per game 368.2, points per game 33.6, points given 28.2

BH estimated yards given up this game(based on average) 316.7
PN-G estimated yards given up this game(based on average) 320.75
BH score(based on average) 24
PN-G score(based on average) 26
These states represent some of what each team has. Every team has those friday nights that there team just doesnt show up and lose by 54.
The looks from PN-G schedule they never got blown out and all games were close. I predict the same for this game its going to be close hard fought football for 4th round playoffs

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="902575" timestamp="1289327776"]
Back to subject:
BH stats= yards per game 273.3, given yards per game 241.7, points per game 19.9, points given 19
PN-G stats= yards per game 391.7, given yards per game 368.2, points per game 33.6, points given 28.2

These states represent some of what each team has. Every team has those friday nights that there team just doesnt show up and lose by 54.
The looks from PN-G schedule they never got blown out and all games were close. I predict the same for this game its going to be close hard fought football for 4th round playoffs
[/quote]

There you go trying to inject logic and stats into the equation. All you need is an Indian in purple spinning in the middle of the field and it doesn't matter ;D add a little anoying yipping and some white kids playing tribel music and its over!

PNG by 1000

Looks like we may get some rain on Friday that may put both teams going to the ground and we are already there ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="902592" timestamp="1289329103"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75638.msg902575#msg902575 date=1289327776]
Back to subject:

[/quote]

There you go trying to inject logic and stats into the equation. All you need is an Indian in purple spinning in the middle of the field and it doesn't matter ;D add a little anoying yipping and some white kids playing tribel music and its over!

PNG by 1000
[b]
Looks like we may get some rain on Friday that may put both teams going to the ground and we are already there ;D[/b]
[/quote]
Exactly!!! I wanna see PN-G try to tough it out on the ground or just throw the ball up and let the 2 senior experienced safeties get some INT.
PN-G run offense 173.1, pass offense 218.6, run defense 184, pass defense, 184.2
BH run offense 199.9, pass offense 73.9, run defense 120.8, pass defense, 120.9

PN-G rush yards given up this game(based on average) 191.95
PN-G pass yards given up this game(based on average) 129.05
BH rush yards given up this game(based on average) 146.95
BH pass yards given up this game(based on average) 169.75

BH gives up more pass yards than PN-G but just like said its going to be RAINING. slippery ball forces offenses going to run offense.
Going to be a good game for BH sounds like

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="902608" timestamp="1289330263"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=75638.msg902592#msg902592 date=1289329103]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75638.msg902575#msg902575 date=1289327776]
Back to subject:

[/quote]

PNG by 1000
[b]
Looks like we may get some rain on Friday that may put both teams going to the ground and we are already there ;D[/b]
[/quote]
Exactly!!! I wanna see PN-G try to tough it out on the ground or just throw the ball up and let the 2 senior experienced safeties get some INT.
PN-G run offense 173.1, pass offense 218.6, run defense 184, pass defense, 184.2
BH run offense 199.9, pass offense 73.9, run defense 120.8, pass defense, 120.9

PN-G rush yards given up this game(based on average) 191.95
PN-G pass yards given up this game(based on average) 129.05
BH rush yards given up this game(based on average) 146.95
BH pass yards given up this game(based on average) 169.75

BH gives up more pass yards than PN-G but just like said its going to be RAINING. slippery ball forces offenses going to run offense.
Going to be a good game for BH sounds like
[/quote]
If BH has an edge its got to be the weather. There running game is the whole offense so its not going to effect them nearly as much as PNG

You do realize that when it rains a passing offense has an advantage right.
Because the footing is what gets slippery, especially on a artificial turf, and the WR knows where he is going. The DB doesn't!

Also PNG averaged 36.8 ppg not 33. Go check the scores.

Our defense would have had stats closer to BH as well had when been playing North Forest, CE King, Lee, etc.. Again I say go back and look at what you did against quality opponents pre-district and against Dayton!

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="octfeb" post="902515" timestamp="1289322958"]
Well PNG DID win the most obnoxious posters award..... just saying...   :-*
[/quote]

Yup, and just like everything we do, we kicked butt in that contest too! ;D ;D ;D

QB comparison.... not much there cause BH QB hasnt played but 2 games but avg. help some

Preston Townley= 19 out of 36 passes complete, 53% completed and 9.9 yards per pass

Brennan Doty= 158 out of 245 passes complete, 64% completed and 12.3 yards per pass

yet again PN-G based off pass offense

RB comparison.... top 2 RB
                  PNG
Chase Bertrand= 6.2 ypc, 13 TD, 240 carries, 1495 yards
Grant Tatum= 8.6 ypc, 0 TD, 5 carries, 43 yards
                  BH
Wade Duke= 8.1 ypc, 4 TD, 63 carries, 540 yards
Andrew McMillan= 6.5 ypc, 5 TD, 58 carries 387 yards.

[/quote]

[/quote]Just more purple to look at while we are MERC-N your team !

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="902637" timestamp="1289332371"]
QB comparison.... not much there cause BH QB hasnt played but 2 games but avg. help some

Preston Townley= 19 out of 36 passes complete, 53% completed and 9.9 yards per pass

Brennan Doty= 158 out of 245 passes complete, 64% completed and 12.3 yards per pass

yet again PN-G based off pass offense

RB comparison.... top 2 RB
                  PNG
Chase Bertrand= 6.2 ypc, 13 TD, 240 carries, 1495 yards
Grant Tatum= 8.6 ypc, 0 TD, 5 carries, 43 yards
                  BH
Wade Duke= 8.1 ypc, 4 TD, 63 carries, 540 yards
Andrew McMillan= 6.5 ypc, 5 TD, 58 carries 387 yards.

[/quote]

Looks like a no contest. PNG's "pass based" offense has a RB with more rushing yards than BH's top two rushers combined in their "run based" offense.

It would be better to include the BH QB's rushing yards since I would assume that in the flex-bone he would be in the top 3.

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="902513" timestamp="1289322821"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=75638.msg902497#msg902497 date=1289321775]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx8/Carzan/envy.jpg[/img]
[/quote]BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

[quote name="surfer73" post="902470" timestamp="1289320111"]
[/quote]

They do have a following, for sure.  Funny thing though, when I go anywhere in Nederland or PNG and ask, how's the indians doing, or how's the bulldogs doing, they all get this dumb look on their face.  It's like, we don't talk about football teams at work..........  I know darn good and well some of these people bark like a dog and some of them paint their hair purple on Fridays, but what the heck.  Is it some big secret who you support from Saturday to Thursday?    Same thing in Orange.  Other than Kerry and Griff polishing the 2-time 1980's state championship road sign, it's a big secret. 

What gives? 

Of course, I guess yall do have that one fan in Lumberton who painted his 1970's truck the color of the houston oilers and installed a train horn.  Rides around every friday before the game with his horn blowing and his head hanging out the window hollaring "Get on the train baby."  ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="902735" timestamp="1289339583"]
[/quote]

They do have a following, for sure.  Funny thing though, when I go anywhere in Nederland or PNG and ask, how's the indians doing, or how's the bulldogs doing, they all get this dumb look on their face.  It's like, we don't talk about football teams at work..........  I know darn good and well some of these people bark like a dog and some of them paint their hair purple on Fridays, but what the heck.  Is it some big secret who you support from Saturday to Thursday?    Same thing in Orange.  Other than Kerry and Griff polishing the 2-time 1980's state championship road sign, it's a big secret. 

What gives? 

Of course, I guess yall do have that one fan in Lumberton who painted his 1970's truck the color of the houston oilers and installed a train horn.  Rides around every friday before the game with his horn blowing and his head hanging out the window hollaring "Get on the train baby."   ;D
[/quote]
If you conduct your business in person like you do on this site, I can't blame them for not wanting to talk to you. Trust me, we  have talked plenty of HS football on the clock at the plant.

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="901629" timestamp="1289233288"]
If Bradford is gone, that is a HUGE loss for the Eagles. He made 90% of the tackles against GCM.
[/quote]

Umm, not really.  His play on the DLine was softer than tissue paper.  If you play NT your job is to tie up blockers so your backers can make plays or, if in the John Randle mode, use quickness and speed to get up field; unfortunately he did neither.  It seemed like he was afraid to fire off the ball/attack and that he liked playing around the linebackers, because he would end up getting driven back into the second level.  Not a big loss.

[quote name="car_3m" post="902757" timestamp="1289342342"]
[quote author=Peppermint Patty link=topic=75638.msg901629#msg901629 date=1289233288]
If Bradford is gone, that is a HUGE loss for the Eagles. He made 90% of the tackles against GCM.
[/quote]

Umm, not really.  His play on the DLine was softer than tissue paper.  If you play NT your job is to tie up blockers so your backers can make plays or, if in the John Randle mode, use quickness and speed to get up field; unfortunately he did neither.  It seemed like he was afraid to fire off the ball/attack and that he liked playing around the linebackers, because he would end up getting driven back into the second level.  Not a big loss.
[/quote]
Wow! Way to throw a kid under the bus on a website. What a man you must be.

[quote name="car_3m" post="902757" timestamp="1289342342"]
[quote author=Peppermint Patty link=topic=75638.msg901629#msg901629 date=1289233288]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Class Act  ::)  I am sure you were a stud when you played HS football, oh thats right you probably didn't.