Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Nederland Game Thread/Ned Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said that our QB was to slow and was going to get tore up in this game. I don't know how many yards he ended up with but it was enough to move the chains several times tonight. I think the only people that got tore up were the guys that tried to stop him on several of his runs.

Well when our quarterback was not mobile like he usually is and was playing on a hurt knee that is tough.    IF'S are big but i will tell you this if Gonzalez would have been at full force the game would have been closer and i feel we could have won. Yes our defense did not look great tonite but Nederland caught us when we did not have our quarterback at his 100 % and he is a tough kid.  congrats to nederland. Maybe you may win one game in the playoffs.

Our defense was the best against Lumberton. Also when you lose key players on defense that hurts.
When we are putting up 40-50 points per game and your quarterback is not 100% but still plays his heart out that is TOUGHNESS.
The score would have been different and the outcome could have been different.    NO EXCUSES but Nederland did not see our full offensive force tonite like it has been all year so good luck and know THE BEARS WILL BE BACK

[quote name="Bearclaw" post="898724" timestamp="1289017999"]
Well when our quarterback was not mobile like he usually is and was playing on a hurt knee that is tough.    IF'S are big but i will tell you this if Gonzalez would have been at full force the game would have been closer and i feel we could have won. Yes our defense did not look great tonite but Nederland caught us when we did not have our quarterback at his 100 % and he is a tough kid.  congrats to nederland. Maybe you may win one game in the playoffs.
[/quote] And if IFS and BUTS were candy and nuts....We would all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Good game LCM.

[quote name="Bearclaw" post="898788" timestamp="1289018904"]
Our defense was the best against Lumberton. Also when you lose key players on defense that hurts.
When we are putting up 40-50 points per game and your quarterback is not 100% but still plays his heart out that is TOUGHNESS.
The score would have been different and the outcome could have been different.    NO EXCUSES but Nederland did not see our full offensive force tonite like it has been all year so good luck and know THE BEARS WILL BE BACK
[/quote]

Nederland spanked that hiney tonight and you know it. We took you to the wood shed and made you like it. Better luck in basketball bearclaw. LOL :D :D ;D :D :) ;)

Bearclaw:
Maybe LCM will get into the playoffs next year or sometime this decade.  Chew on that while Nederland is working on winning their playoff game or two this year.  Hurt QB or not, that was an old-fashioned country  butt-whuppin'.  Exactly how many yards and points did your injured QB give up tonight?

[quote name="Bearclaw" post="898788" timestamp="1289018904"]
[/quote]

The biggest problem I saw all year is that you were also giving up 40-50 a game as well as scoring that many. I only remember one defensive game played. At the end of the day the Bears had a good season to build on and hopefully that's what will happen. Congrats to both teams.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="898951" timestamp="1289025709"]
[quote author=Bearclaw link=topic=75619.msg898788#msg898788 date=1289018904]
[/quote]

Nederland spanked that hiney tonight and you know it. We took you to the wood shed and made you like it. Better luck in basketball bearclaw. LOL :D :D ;D :D :) ;)
[/quote]

Classy post.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="898973" timestamp="1289044757"]
Bearclaw:
Maybe LCM will get into the playoffs next year or sometime this decade.  Chew on that while Nederland is working on winning their playoff game or two this year.  Hurt QB or not, that was an old-fashioned country  butt-whuppin'.  Exactly how many yards and points did your injured QB give up tonight?
[/quote]

Another classy post. I see a pattern

Good game Nederland and good luck in the playoffs.

LCM will be back

Plain and simple LCM did not play their best and Nederland played better.  Yes LCM had alot of key players injury but you can't blame losing a game on injuries the other players needed to step up.    Some of the post on this thread were very rude and uncalled for.  Yes, LCM has not had a good football team years pass but please give this year team the credit that they so deserve and stop comparing to the teams in the pass and why bring in basketball it has nothing to do with the game that was played.  Come on people whatever happen to being nice, I understand having a little jabbing but some of the posters on here really need to grow up. 

[quote name="Bearclaw" post="898724" timestamp="1289017999"]
Well when our quarterback was not mobile like he usually is and was playing on a hurt knee that is tough.    IF'S are big but i will tell you this if Gonzalez would have been at full force the game would have been closer and i feel we could have won. Yes our defense did not look great tonite but Nederland caught us when we did not have our quarterback at his 100 % and he is a tough kid.   congrats to nederland. Maybe you may win one game in the playoffs.
[/quote]
Enough of the EXCUSES.. I did not know Gonzales play Defense! If want excuses we have plenty as well. How about we would have not been in a must win situation if we had Sonnier and 3 other starters for the Vidor game. We could have easily won... OK so you see, everyone has excuses. Take your loss and move on

You're right.  But keep in mind that LCM fans you bring some of that on when they post that LCM would have won if their QB was 100%.  That gives Nederland little credit, and draws the obvious response from Nederland fans:  "What are you talking about, we beat the heck out of you."  Good sportsmanship means both winning and losing graciously.

I'd like to follow-up on some of the early fun on the Sonnier debate.  TSonn is definitely my guy, but I have to say that ZSonn is a much better player than I realized.  I can see why LCM fans are so adamant that ZSonn is the best pure receiver in the district.  I also have to give your coaches real credit.  They do an outstanding job designing plays to get ZSonn open.  The motion and pick routes are well designed and well executed making it even harder to cover ZSonn.  

By the way, I saw some great sportsmanship between the Sonnier boys last night both on the field and in the post game interview TSonn did with KFDM (making a point to mention what a great player ZSonn is).  I don't know if that part of the interview made the news, but I hope it did.

This time, the grown-ups should take a lesson from the kids.

[quote name="bear fan" post="899202" timestamp="1289059606"]
Plain and simple LCM did not play their best and Nederland played better.   Yes LCM had alot of key players injury but you can't blame losing a game on injuries the other players needed to step up.     Some of the post on this thread were very rude and uncalled for.  Yes, LCM has not had a good football team years pass but please give this year team the credit that they so deserve and stop comparing to the teams in the pass and why bring in basketball it has nothing to do with the game that was played.  Come on people whatever happen to being nice, I understand having a little jabbing but some of the posters on here really need to grow up.  
[/quote]

[quote name="Keeper99" post="899255" timestamp="1289063120"]
You're right.  But keep in mind that LCM fans you bring some of that on when they post that LCM would have won if their QB was 100%.  That gives Nederland little credit, and draws the obvious response from Nederland fans:  "What are you talking about, we beat the heck out of you."  Good sportsmanship means both winning and losing graciously.

I'd like to follow-up on some of the early fun on the Sonnier debate.  TSonn is definitely my guy, but I have to say that ZSonn is a much better player than I realized.  I can see why LCM fans are so adamant that ZSonn is the best pure receiver in the district.  I also have to give your coaches real credit.  They do an outstanding job designing plays to get ZSonn open.  The motion and pick routes are well designed and well executed making it even harder to cover ZSonn.  

By the way, I saw some great sportsmanship between the Sonnier boys last night both on the field and in the post game interview TSonn did with KFDM (making a point to mention what a great player ZSonn is).  I don't know if that part of the interview made the news, but I hope it did.

This time, the grown-ups should take a lesson from the kids.

[quote author=bear fan link=topic=75619.msg899202#msg899202 date=1289059606]
Plain and simple LCM did not play their best and Nederland played better.   Yes LCM had alot of key players injury but you can't blame losing a game on injuries the other players needed to step up.     Some of the post on this thread were very rude and uncalled for.  Yes, LCM has not had a good football team years pass but please give this year team the credit that they so deserve and stop comparing to the teams in the pass and why bring in basketball it has nothing to do with the game that was played.  Come on people whatever happen to being nice, I understand having a little jabbing but some of the posters on here really need to grow up.  
[/quote]
[/quote]

It did make the news. The kid from Ned gave Gonzales and Sonnier props.

From what I have read, LCM did all of this to themselves. I was at the game and Nederland played lights out on defense against the run (14-19). There were at least 3 dropped INTs that could have made the score even worse. Also could have had a couple intentional groundings that weren't called that could have stalled drives and forced punts. Gonzales was 29-47-1 for 300 yds.......not bad for an injured QB, so let's not go there. Nederland outplayed LCM on both sides of the ball, almost mistake free, and kept it going in the 2nd half. LCM needs to look at their district schedule and see who their wins were against and who gave them their losses. Their lone win against a playoff team was Livingston.

Tried hard to keep this ''classy'' while still telling the truth. Nederland has played with their backs against the wall for three weeks now since the Central loss, and they weren't going to be denied.

Go Dogs!! and 20-4A

Nederland stepped up and took care of business and earned their place in the playoffs.

LCM had their shot and failed to step up even through their injury problems. Nederland played very well and as usual rebounded from their own adversities this year.

I find it funny though that Nederland of all teams (posters) can not relate with a QB injury.  ;)

Now, LCM has lost to Central, PNG and Nederland and I have kept up with posts of each loss and its easy to say that Nederland posters have been the least gracious in their victory. :'(

Regardless, I hope you go deep in the playoffs and you deserve to be there.

Let's not get too self-righteous on this thread LCM fans.  You had a great season and Coach Crouch will get them in the playoffs soon.  They will be a tough program as long as he is there.  And Gonzalez and Z Sonnier are two of the best players in the district, hands down.  But, most of the comments here were in respone to "we would have beat you with our QB healthy" or "maybe you will win one playoff game".  Look at all the posts before you try to claim the high road too soon.

Self righteous? I was comparing your posters with Central and PNG threads, just an observation. As I said I have read all the posts. Most LCM posters have given Nederland their dues.

I think it’s safe to say Nederland would have a better record this year and last year if it weren't for your QB injuries.

Maybe the problem is me because I can't comprehend jive. ;)

[quote name="mat" post="899770" timestamp="1289086963"]
Nederland stepped up and took care of business and earned their place in the playoffs.

LCM had their shot and failed to step up even through their injury problems. Nederland played very well and as usual rebounded from their own adversities this year.

I find it funny though that Nederland of all teams (posters) can not relate with a QB injury.  ;)

Now, LCM has lost to Central, PNG and Nederland and I have kept up with posts of each loss and its easy to say that Nederland posters have been the least gracious in their victory. :'(

Regardless, I hope you go deep in the playoffs and you deserve to be there.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know who made you the sole judge of what is gracious or not. I simply told the truth without any sarcasm. Nederland's QB woes had ours out for the season or several games. When you get down to your fourth string QB and are able to still make the playoffs without your starter, then I can relate. Any QB anywhere, who can throw for 300 yards, is not hurt IMO. Even if he ran for his 60+ yard average, I'd spot you another TD and you still don't win. LCM fans also said that we didn't see their best game. If a team hasn't been in the playoffs for 13 years and it comes down to playing for your playoff lives and you can't play your ''best game'', then you don't deserve to go.

I will be more gracious when I see some posts that give Nederland more credit for the win than trying to get sympathy for their injuries. We play through our injuries. We stopped you run game without our starting LB, who will be back next week. It's called depth, and some teams have it. We have coaches who can coach a sub to play at starting level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder