Could Kirbyville Beat any SETX 5A school?

BADSANTA

[quote name="kicker" post="886939" timestamp="1288018376"]
Man, what are you talking about? They look like a 5A team. lol. Im still trying to find out where they got those big kids from. I drive through K'ville all the time, and I sure dont see kids that size. lol
[/quote]

We got a place up in Roganville where we raise'm..Thems corn fed boys.. ;D ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="886943" timestamp="1288018637"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=75026.msg886939#msg886939 date=1288018376]
Man, what are you talking about? They look like a 5A team. lol. Im still trying to find out where they got those big kids from. I drive through K'ville all the time, and I sure dont see kids that size. lol
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol, kinda like a fish hatchrie on rayburn. you know they have them, but you cant see them.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="886951" timestamp="1288018983"]
The only 5A's in SE Texas are West Brook, Memorial and depending on your boundaries Baytown Sterling.  Due to depth and lack of a balanced attack, I say no.

I love my lil' cousin and the Wildcats but this is a thread that shouldn't have even been started.
[/quote]

Kirbyville has always had to play players both ways..If Depth hurt them they wouldn't be where they are now... They say that about Kirbyville in evey game...It was that way when I played... ;)

[quote name="kicker" post="886954" timestamp="1288019082"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=75026.msg886943#msg886943 date=1288018637]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=75026.msg886939#msg886939 date=1288018376]
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol, kinda like a fish hatchrie on rayburn. you know they have them, but you cant see them.
[/quote]

lol..yep  ;)

Yes, i do see the games being competative, but no wins. Its too hard to beat a team that has 3rd and 4th string guys to give the starters rest. We(WOS) like yall, never field large numbers on the field, but you know wht they say, its not the size of the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog......or whatever....might have butchered that one. lol :D

[quote name="Tiger05" post="886957" timestamp="1288019149"]
If Kirbyville can’t win state in 2A how do you figure they would beat any 5A team
[/quote]
I see this come up from time to time on different threads. No we did not win state even at 2A level. But we were there (twice) and a whole lot of folks would love to say that. If you think of how many schools there are in Texas, how much talent is out there, and all the teams you have to go through you have to know that a team that makes it to state at 1A or 5A has to have something special. After all Texas is the land of high school football! As for depth....... We hear about it everytime we play a bigger school. The young men in Kirbyville think everyone plays both ways. They don't know any other way to play. Iron man football or not I have never seen them get gassed. I would not say they could beat any 5a team, But I would go as far as they could leave any team knowing that they were just in a ball game. JMO  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="887107" timestamp="1288026772"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=75026.msg887104#msg887104 date=1288026529]
Legacy would have beat us last friday. :'( :'( :'(
[/quote]Come on now, man!  That's a little much there!  :D
[/quote]We stunk up the field last week. >:( ;D

[quote name="kville68" post="887155" timestamp="1288029229"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=75026.msg886957#msg886957 date=1288019149]
If Kirbyville can’t win state in 2A how do you figure they would beat any 5A team
[/quote]
I see this come up from time to time on different threads. No we did not win state even at 2A level. But we were there (twice) and a whole lot of folks would love to say that. If you think of how many schools there are in Texas, how much talent is out there, and all the teams you have to go through you have to know that a team that makes it to state at 1A or 5A has to have something special. After all Texas is the land of high school football! As for depth....... We hear about it everytime we play a bigger school. The young men in Kirbyville think everyone plays both ways. They don't know any other way to play. Iron man football or not I have never seen them get gassed. I would not say they could beat any 5a team, But I would go as far as they could leave any team knowing that they were just in a ball game. JMO  ;D
[/quote]

I agree kville68 ...And by the way tiger05 I think the State trophy count is about even between us..Don't you...Has Silsbee ever been in a State Final Game... ;)

[quote name="kville68" post="887155" timestamp="1288029229"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=75026.msg886957#msg886957 date=1288019149]
[/quote]
I see this come up from time to time on different threads. No we did not win state even at 2A level. But we were there (twice) and a whole lot of folks would love to say that. If you think of how many schools there are in Texas, how much talent is out there, and all the teams you have to go through you have to know that a team that makes it to state at 1A or 5A has to have something special. After all Texas is the land of high school football! As for depth....... We hear about it everytime we play a bigger school. The young men in Kirbyville think everyone plays both ways. They don't know any other way to play. [b]Iron man football or not I have never seen them get gassed. [/b] I would not say they could beat any 5a team, But I would go as far as they could leave any team knowing that they were just in a ball game. JMO  ;D
[/quote]

they would look gassed against kids that are well conditioned and have been getting breathers throughout the game. ex: WB and PAM

I respectfully disagree. I believe they could go all four quarters. Nothing special about the 'Cats I think most "skill
position" players from any respectable team could do it. As long as the linemen (who do all the heavy work) get a break, they would do fine. I can think of at least one player from most every team we have played that could be a play maker every down, every quarter, every game and then go dancing when he was done. Thats what it's like when you are a well conditioned 17 year old.

Cummings CS
Menard BC
Armstrong V
Middleton J
Bennett N
Thomas WOS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed