To my Jag Fans...

I've noticed at the game that a lot of our fans don't get fired up on third down for our defense.  We need you on your feet on big third down stands.  Also, when our defense holds (especially on a 3 and out) and they return to the sidelines, I need you off your butts and on your feet to give applause for them.  It took me to literally have to turn around to get the Jag crowd fired up.  You get fired up over our offense..  Lets show the same support for our defense.  Last night would have been the perfect time as they played pretty much flawless in the second half.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="885216" timestamp="1287854912"]
Soulja, most of those Jag fans probably looked at you and said, "What's that fool getting so excited about, it's just Vidor." ;D

(only kidding pirate fans) ;D
[/quote]Woooooow! (in my flavor flav voice)  :D :D  You wrong for that!  ;D ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="885216" timestamp="1287854912"]
Soulja, most of those Jag fans probably looked at you and said, "What's that fool getting so excited about, it's just Vidor." ;D

(only kidding pirate fans) ;D
[/quote]I would like to argue AAW but after Central made some halftime adjustments and the plays we were running in the 1st half didnt work anymore we were doomed.

Soulja, I don't think i personally know you but you are correct.  Our fans are very tempermentle.  They love them when they are winning and hate them when they are loosing.  Also, the band director needs to be told to play primarly when our defense is on the field instead of when the offense has the ball and its 3rd and 10 for us.  Thats when they are supposed to be quiet but instead they help out the opposing defense by playing and play loud.  Don't get me wrong, I love our band and their style, just need to be educated on when to play and not to play.  I also agree with you that if its a long play for the offense, everybody is on their feet.  But if its just a first, you don't hear nothing.  I think most of the noise comes from the old school or older fans, not the young generation, they are to cool for that.  I go to Lamar and Houston Texan games and they do the first down thing.  Maybe you can start that.   

[quote name="Big Ford" post="885353" timestamp="1287861273"]
Soulja, I don't think i personally know you but you are correct.  Our fans are very tempermentle.  They love them when they are winning and hate them when they are loosing.  Also, the band director needs to be told to play primarly when our defense is on the field instead of when the offense has the ball and its 3rd and 10 for us.  Thats when they are supposed to be quiet but instead they help out the opposing defense by playing and play loud.  Don't get me wrong, I love our band and their style, just need to be educated on when to play and not to play.  I also agree with you that if its a long play for the offense, everybody is on their feet.  But if its just a first, you don't hear nothing.  I think most of the noise comes from the old school or older fans, not the young generation, they are to cool for that.  I go to Lamar and Houston Texan games and they do the first down thing.  Maybe you can start that.   
[/quote]Yes, our older fans are the loudest.  Our younger fans are worried about looking cool.  But I was in reference to our fans cheering when our defense made a stand.  I also agree with our band.  They play when our offense is on the field in key situations.  They need to be told not to do that.

Just a few comments about bands at football games:

Many times, bands will only play when their team is on offense. Apparently, the opposing coach can ask for a penalty against your team if your band is playing while the other team has the ball. The UIL thinks it is unfair to use the band to distract players.

Also, coaches will often ask band directors not to play when the team is on defense for this very reason. Although that is no longer the case at PN-G, it was during the Burnett era. This may or may not be the case with Central. The way I remember it, the Jaguar Band always played non-stop, no matter who was on offense.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="885728" timestamp="1287879279"]
Just a few comments about bands at football games:

Many times, bands will only play when their team is on offense. Apparently, the opposing coach can ask for a penalty against your team if your band is playing while the other team has the ball. The UIL thinks it is unfair to use the band to distract players.

Also, coaches will often ask band directors not to play when the team is on defense for this very reason. Although that is no longer the case at PN-G, it was during the Burnett era. This may or may not be the case with Central. The way I remember it, the Jaguar Band always played non-stop, no matter who was on offense.
[/quote]Thats true.  Our band always play. Not a big concern for me since it don't seem to dstract our players...

[quote name="Scooter!" post="885989" timestamp="1287891187"]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=74943.msg885944#msg885944 date=1287890036]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74943.msg885827#msg885827 date=1287884702]
yall need to be out here in west texas  :D
[/quote]They don't play at all huh? :D
[/quote]on defense, and loud as heck!
[/quote]

Thats when you are supposed to play!  We need to tell our band director that!

[quote name="Big Ford" post="886448" timestamp="1287953233"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74943.msg885989#msg885989 date=1287891187]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=74943.msg885944#msg885944 date=1287890036]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74943.msg885827#msg885827 date=1287884702]
yall need to be out here in west texas  :D
[/quote]They don't play at all huh? :D
[/quote][b]on defense, and loud as heck! [/b]
[/quote]

Thats when you are supposed to play!  We need to tell our band director that!
[/quote]I'll betcha that will draw a flag in SETX

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What were the issues at Rusk?  SB, Admin, Culture, Pay?  Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: “As a parent, then as a homeowner, if you have some equity in your home, then you can say to your child, you know, ‘don’t take out the loan,’” she said. “‘I’ll take out some of the equity to help you pay for tuition so that you don’t graduate with extraordinary student loan debt, and so that when you graduate, you can do your dream job.’” Essentially, Harris suggested that parents give their kids a leg up in the world by being the ones to take out a loan instead. Except theirs would have much higher stakes than just needing to be paid back — it could mean losing their home. 🤦‍♂️
    • Good luck and safe travels. Bring it home.
    • It has been frustrating seeing the lack of coverage from virtually EVERY media outlet.  We (Chester) are in the SE Texas coverage area.  There are no radio broadcast from our area, and Ch 12 is the only one that has even mentioned it.   I know I could have gotten donations to cover a SETX Sports broadcast.  Oh well, water under the bridge - we aren’t as big as Silsbee, WO-S or PN-G.
    • PJ LOCKE                                DENVER BRONCOS               BMT CENTRAL  GRAYLAND ARNOLD           PITTSBURGH STEELERS        KOUNTZE  ELANDON ROBERTS             PITTSBURGH STEELERS        P.A MEMORIAL  TONY BROWN                   CLEVELAND BROWNS              BMT OZEN  ERIK MCCOY                        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS               LUFKIN  DAN MOORE                    PITTSBURGH STEELERS                BMT WESTBROOK  ROSCHON JOHNSON          CHICAGO BEARS                      PNG    PLAYERS I COULD COME UP WITH IN NFL.  NOT SURE IF ALL ARE STILL WITH CURRENT TEAMS. 
  • Topics