Best West Brook QB Ever

BADSANTA

I think I have to go with Gerald Landry on this one. While I wasn't there when that team made their fateful run, I have the videos on tape and have watched them numerous times. Landry was an Ace in the pocket, and was able to make accurate throws on the run. He also received punts and kickoffs on special teams. James Brown is a close second. James, IMO, was not as good a passer as Landry. Chip Ambres was a speed demon on his feet, and made things happen while running. I have to give props to our young Bruce Reyes. This kid is a great package. He is dead accurate when he throws, and can scramble in the pocket well. I think Reggie Chambers was also a decent QB as well for the Bruins.

I wasn't down here to see Landry, so I'll comment on the one's I've seen play. James Brown is the best I've seen from WB. Chip was good but I think James was a little better. James has the edge because he was great at the next level. I know Chip chose baseball but as football goes we'll never know. We do know about James Brown.

I've never seen the other guys play...so, hard to comment...there are too many intangibles to take in to consideration...type of offense...I doubt they ran the spread in the 80's...maybe early 90's...so stats may be lopsided vs an I-formation/veer team(pass vs rush).  Team wins, playoff runs, etc..I would think you'd have to take a little consideration to the great defenses they played with....So, how can you truly measure all the great ones?....1 on 1.....I really don't think you can....either you won the big one ...or you didn't.  with that being said...the rest you measure thru playoffs...how deep have they taken their teams?....If anyone has stats, then you go to stats...then athletic capabilities...

Although I did not have the privilage of seeing all these QB's play, I'm certain they were(are) all special in their own way. ;D ;)

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="888842" timestamp="1288198603"]
Its funny that everyone calls him lil Reyes.......Have any of you ever seen how strong this lil Reyes is...I believe he won the powerlifting title for his division and it was by leaps and bounds....Very strong kid.......Stronger than many twice his size!!!
[/quote]

LOL---Lil Reyes it has to be.  Daddy is the one who always gets the last piece of chicken.  ;)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="888859" timestamp="1288199771"]
[quote author=LULUJUJU link=topic=74903.msg888842#msg888842 date=1288198603]
Its funny that everyone calls him lil Reyes.......Have any of you ever seen how strong this lil Reyes is...I believe he won the powerlifting title for his division and it was by leaps and bounds....Very strong kid.......Stronger than many twice his size!!!
[/quote]

LOL---Lil Reyes it has to be.  Daddy is the one who always gets the last piece of chicken.   ;)
[/quote]That's the only piece I eat... ;D

No doubt Raymond Paine "Chip" Ambres III.  If he had the supporting cast that Gerald Landry or James Brown had or run the spread offense his numbers would be out of this world.  But to win as many games as he did, with every defense set up to stop him, was outstanding.  Chip is who I would want at crunch time.

Chip's legacy was slightly tainted because he went on to play baseball.  Also, his Brook teams could stop anyone, he simply out-scored everyone.  Almost took Brook to State with just his arm and feet.  Chip was the best passeer Brook has seen and would have been a pro!!!  James was great and Landry has a championship... Ambres has evrything else!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder