Lamar vs. North Dakota Predictions?

I predict another handy win for UND. They aren't a bad team, contrary to what their record says. I got the chance to watch them play against FBS Idaho earlier this season. They are a strong physical team with some good speed. I think the real problem for Lamar will be getting those kids adjusted to the weather. It's mid 50s all week this week, and it will probably only get colder next week. I'm not sure if anyone on the roster has experience playing in cold weather.

I'll take UND by 18. Hopefully Lamar can put some points on the board, but I don't think they can manage under the weather.

LU has 2 weeks to see if they can "right the ship"!  If we continue to try to do the same things we are doing offensively and defensively with the current players we have in place, we probably only have one more win left in the season.  It won't be a disaster considering first year and the really tough schedule, but our first 3 games raised expectations to a fever pitch and now we are all sitting around depressed and disappointed and we have to endure the perpetual Lamar haters who are showing up mouthing off.  Hopefully in the next year or two, the teams play can permenantly close the garbage mouths.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="882733" timestamp="1287687649"]I think this is ND first year in FCS...moving up from Div II, 2001 National champs, a bunch of conference championships...they definately are used to winning..that said:[/quote]

2nd or 3rd year...pending how you look at it...

They were a counter in 2009 when they got beat by Texas Tech (38-13), so that was their second year of offering the proper amount of scholarships. In 2008, they were in their transitional year for all intensive purposes. Played mostly FCS that year, but they did not count as a Div I (so they did not play full Great West schedule). In 2009, they played a true FCS slate - so probably deserving of year two status in 2010.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="882954" timestamp="1287706918"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74750.msg882733#msg882733 date=1287687649]I think this is ND first year in FCS...moving up from Div II, 2001 National champs, a bunch of conference championships...they definately are used to winning..that said:[/quote]

2nd or 3rd year...pending how you look at it...

They were a counter in 2009 when they got beat by Texas Tech (38-13), so that was their second year of offering the proper amount of scholarships. In 2008, they were in their transitional year for all intensive purposes. Played mostly FCS that year, but they did not count as a Div I (so they did not play full Great West schedule). In 2009, they played a true FCS slate - so probably deserving of year two status in 2010.
[/quote]

yup, my bad

last 2 years been kinda rough on em, but they were a DII beast...impressive history

[quote name="JJWooten" post="881908" timestamp="1287598934"]
Dome or no dome, it's still going to be cold. The kids have to adjust to being up there in the cold, then going in a dome to warm up. There's more to the weather than just game-time temp.
[/quote]
Would have been better if you just said......ooops, my bad, I didnt know they played in a dome. :D

[quote name="the sports guy" post="885146" timestamp="1287850220"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74750.msg881908#msg881908 date=1287598934]
Dome or no dome, it's still going to be cold. The kids have to adjust to being up there in the cold, then going in a dome to warm up. There's more to the weather than just game-time temp.
[/quote]
Would have been better if you just said......ooops, my bad, I didnt know they played in a dome. :D
[/quote]
My thoughts EXACTLY.  ;D

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="886198" timestamp="1287932489"]
[quote author=bruinfan2006 link=topic=74750.msg886146#msg886146 date=1287926752]ND Lost to Cal Poly 22-21.. LU might have a chance on winning [/quote]

Do you even know anything about Cal Poly? Or heard of them prior to this post? ???

Would check their resume, that's no easy win.
[/quote]

Yea, they are ranked in the FCS polls. So they have a pretty good program.

Lamar averaged almost 26 points per game their first 3 games, since then they have scored a total of 27 points.  And against D1 opponents Lamar gives up over 35 points a game.  Lamar can't be favored to win any games with those numbers.  Nevertheless, the defense is improving and if Bevil can find a way to play halfway decent without turning the ball over all the time Lamar has a chance to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476