*BREAKING NEWS/LCM with possible ineligible player*

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, I've done a painstaking investigation lasting the last 3 minutes.....errr I mean months and here's real scoop. It seems that Colt McCoy decided he didn't want to play for the Cleveland Browns after all. Instead, he has been playing under the assumed name of H. Gonzales for this season. Furthermore, he has been receiving payments from an anonymous donor by the initials of D.H. who has been recruiting him to come over to the other Orange school and play but he has decided that he'd rather take a chance and play in Nederland before he'd play at that other school.  ::) ;D ::) ;D ::) ;D

[size=7pt]Disclaimer: Before someone takes this bs seriously, it is entirely for comical purposes so please don't get bent out of shape or I'll call over to PAM and get Lawrence Taylor to come tackle you.........whoops, didn't mean to let that cat out of the bag.[/size]

whether or not the rumor is true or untrue...this has been going on in this town for a long time.  didn't they just have an incident like this up in southlake carroll

[u][b]IF[/b][/u] this story was reported by a local news station with the only evidence being an anonymous letter....  shame on them.

As for setxsports...  I have seen topics that were [u]ALOT[/u] less inflammatory and with [b]more[/b] facts than this story get removed from the website more than once.

Very unprofessional...

I know I might get torched for this but here it goes.  Was this mystery player in a big time skill position.  Last I checked LCM QB has been getting killed out there for the last two years.  Same goes for their leading receiver.  Dont know about their RB's. I guess what I'm saying is LCM is more than one player and have been winning these games as a [b]team[/b].  When my pirates played their last week we played a TEAM not a player.  Would have loved to come out on top but turnovers cost us a win, not a player from LCM.  I hope this turns out to be untrue and the Bears keep rolling.  And before anyone creams me, I know cheating is cheating but winning a game by default would be like french kissing your great grandmother.  :P  Good luck and try not to kill me to bad on the post.  JMO

W, LC-M does not become open campus until January.

[quote name="w" post="881160" timestamp="1287538073"]
I believe that is a moot point.  LCM has opened their enrollment to anyone from any district.  Doesn't matter where you live, if you want to go to LCM you can.  And if a kid played at WOS last year, the proper documents were signed by all coaches involved.  I hate that someone is starting something like this.
[/quote]

[quote name="Txdragon" post="881517" timestamp="1287578567"]

[quote author=w link=topic=74713.msg881160#msg881160 date=1287538073]
I believe that is a moot point.  LCM has opened their enrollment to anyone from any district.  Doesn't matter where you live, if you want to go to LCM you can.  And if a kid played at WOS last year, the proper documents were signed by all coaches involved.  I hate that someone is starting something like this.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Txdragon.  It's my bad, then on thinking it was already open.  Someone else mentioned on here that with the open enrollment policies being adopted by schools, what is the UIL going to do about that.  That is a legitimate question for sure.  Someone also asked about KFDM reporting this information.  Friedman reported that a copy of the letter was sent to them as well, thus the reason they are reporting on it.  It's not like they reported on a rumor of a letter floating around.  Since there are those reading the UIL rules, maybe they could look up the 15-day rule when a player moves into a new district and hasn't left for athletic reasons.  (All paperwork has been signed by both coaches).  I think there is a rule out there but I am pretty vague on my memory with it.

[quote name="w" post="881522" timestamp="1287579202"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=74713.msg881517#msg881517 date=1287578567]

[quote author=w link=topic=74713.msg881160#msg881160 date=1287538073]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Txdragon.  It's my bad, then on thinking it was already open.  Someone else mentioned on here that with the open enrollment policies being adopted by schools, what is the UIL going to do about that.  That is a legitimate question for sure.  Someone also asked about KFDM reporting this information.  Friedman reported that a copy of the letter was sent to them as well, thus the reason they are reporting on it.  It's not like they reported on a rumor of a letter floating around.  Since there are those reading the UIL rules, maybe they could look up the 15-day rule when a player moves into a new district and hasn't left for athletic reasons.  (All paperwork has been signed by both coaches).  I think there is a rule out there but I am pretty vague on my memory with it.
[/quote]
Thanx for clarifying that..

[quote name="jesusfreak" post="881498" timestamp="1287575844"]
[u][b]IF[/b][/u] this story was reported by a local news station with the only evidence being an anonymous letter....   shame on them.

As for setxsports...  I have seen topics that were [u]ALOT[/u] less inflammatory and with [b]more[/b] facts than this story get removed from the website more than once.

Very unprofessional...
[/quote]

My apologies on your disappointment.  However, when the largest news media outlet in the area reports a story that will completely change the outlook of what is one the marquis districts for this site and for many of the teams that play in it (not just LCM), it is more than appropriate to make mention of that article.  

Here is the standings of the district now:

[table][tr]
       [td][b]20-4A[/td]
       [td][b]  Ovr.[/b][/td]
       [td][/td]
       [td][b]  Dist.[/b][/td]
       [td][/td]        
[/tr]
[tr]
       [td][b]Team(ADM)[/td]
       [td][b]W[/td]
       [td][b]L               [/td]
       [td][b]W[/td]
       [td][b]L[/td]  
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Beaumont Central(1624)[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]4[/td]
       [td]0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Little Cypress-Mauriceville(1125)        [/td]
       [td]6[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Lumberton(1063.5)[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Livingston(1148)[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Port Neches-Groves(1401)[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
       [td]4[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Vidor(1416)[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Nederland(1459)[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Beaumont Ozen(1227)[/URL][/td]
       [td]1[/td]
       [td]6[/td]
       [td]0[/td]
       [td]4[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

IF LC-M were to have been found to use an ineligible player and forfeit it's district wins to date, this would be how the district would stand:

[table][tr]
       [td][b]20-4A[/td]
       [td][b]  Ovr.[/b][/td]
       [td][/td]
       [td][b]  Dist.[/b][/td]
       [td][/td]        
[/tr]
[tr]
       [td][b]Team(ADM)[/td]
       [td][b]W[/td]
       [td][b]L               [/td]
       [td][b]W[/td]
       [td][b]L[/td]  
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Beaumont Central(1624)[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]4[/td]
       [td]0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Lumberton(1063.5)[/td]
       [td]6[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Vidor(1416)[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Livingston(1148)[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Port Neches-Groves(1401)[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
       [td]4[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Nederland(1459)[/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Beaumont Ozen(1227)[/URL][/td]
       [td]2[/td]
       [td]5[/td]
       [td]1[/td]
       [td]3[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]    
       [td]Little Cypress-Mauriceville(1125)        [/td]
       [td]0[/td]
       [td]7[/td]
       [td]0[/td]
       [td]4[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

This would change the picture for schools such as Lumberton and Vidor, who are currently fighting for their playoff lives.  

Will any subsequent investigation reveal that this was much ado about nothing?  Hopefully, it will.  But a story that is reported and which causes immediate and substantive changes within the largest district which is wholly populated by area teams was and IS appropriate for discussion until the issue is officially resolved.

Guest slsblab
Zinger, you seem to have an awful lot of interest in this!! And seem to want LCM to be doing something wrong. I am sure it is because you just want to see right prevail and you are a person of justice!! Or could it be it gives your team a  better shot at the playoffs!! Maybe we have discovered who wrote the anonymous letter!! ;D :D ;)