PN-G vs LC-M

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Slam14" post="878449" timestamp="1287342520"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=74586.msg878190#msg878190 date=1287328591]
PNG need this one to stay in the hunt. You never know whats gonna happen on Friday in 20-4A. Good luck to both but for giggles.

PNG 28 - LCM 24  i like the underdog
[/quote]

So, as a PNG fan you are declaring the Indians the underdog?
[/quote]

Of course PNG is the underdog.  Do you disagree?

[quote name="slsblab" post="878471" timestamp="1287343212"]
LCM better blow out PNG if they want to win, because I have seen some strange things happen with the refs in Mid- county!!! ;D :D ;) Can I get an Amen!!!
[/quote]

There's no way on God's green earth that the refs in MC can be \anywhere as horrible as those Keystone Cops at the "Butch" last night.  Those guys had no clue what was going on the whole game.  I was embarrassed FOR them!  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif[/img]

PNG's coaches know who they are playing and who their key players are. Just like LCM's coaches they have scouted PNG and know what we are capable of. Both teams have problems in positions. THis game is gonna be about who's defense can make the most stops. Both teams O's can score easily. This is gonna be the battle of the defenses !

[quote name="slsblab" post="878471" timestamp="1287343212"]
LCM better blow out PNG if they want to win, because I have seen some strange things happen with the refs in Mid- county!!! ;D :D ;) Can I get an Amen!!!
[/quote]
Wow you must not remember the WORST officiating I have ever seen when LCM came to PNG last year. Yes he was from Orange County , even threw one flag against PNG and showed excitement. I hope they never let this guy back in Port Neches, it was terrible. Everybody gets bad calls from time to time , it happens. I have umpired baseball in the past and believe me you know when you blow it but some things are beyond blowing it. As in everything some people are better than others , I guess officiating is no different.

Slam14 - as a PNG fan I say we are the underdog this year.I feel we have the best offense in district this year but might be last in defense. LCM has a good team and should be recognized as such. I am not making any predictions on this one , just staying hopeful.

I don't know a lot about football or any other sport but I can say that the officiating last night was HORRIBLE and even I could have done a better job.  When the play clock gets to 0 that means it is a delay of game and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  ::)

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="879130" timestamp="1287364634"]
I don't know a lot about football or any other sport but I can say that the officiating last night was HORRIBLE and even I could have done a better job.  When the play clock gets to 0 that means it is a delay of game and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  ::)
[/quote]True...

[quote name="pngfan1" post="879111" timestamp="1287363538"]
[quote author=slsblab link=topic=74586.msg878471#msg878471 date=1287343212]
[/quote]
Wow you must not remember the WORST officiating I have ever seen when LCM came to PNG last year. Yes he was from Orange County , even threw one flag against PNG and showed excitement. I hope they never let this guy back in Port Neches, it was terrible. Everybody gets bad calls from time to time , it happens. I have umpired baseball in the past and believe me you know when you blow it but some things are beyond blowing it. As in everything some people are better than others , I guess officiating is no different.

Slam14 - as a PNG fan I say we are the underdog this year.I feel we have the best offense in district this year but might be last in defense. LCM has a good team and should be recognized as such. I am not making any predictions on this one , just staying hopeful.
[/quote]

I remember those calls.  And I called him out last yr., and got chastised on this board about it.  It was a horribly called game.

Guest slsblab
I recall a Sonnier catch that he fumbled out of bounds after securing the ball and running 3 steps and it was called incomplete. Replay on ya'lls video board showed it and the crowd for LCM went crazy.  ;D But in the 70's and 80's it was called Mid- County magic LCM and WOS both have to many stories to tell  them all here! :D

well i can say this much the officials were bad last night but not as bad as the announcer lol he was just plain garbage lol, but truthfully they did blow a bunch of calls lol especially the one where we finally made a stop and then got hit with a yellow flag for fifteen yards and a first down go figured, ozens qb went down trying to reverse his field then got up and got tattooed just like he should of. a key catch was called a no catch when it was very evident nelson s feet both of which were firmly planted and the blind official called it out of bounds go figure, as for predicitions well we all no our defense really isnt worth talking about so we will leave it at that. I will say it will be a high scoring game for both sides but lcm will be tested from the get go. Stopping bertrand isnt no easy task  and the wideouts can make anyone look silly on anygiven play.  Im glad lcm is cocky and getting the bighead may come back to haunt them, but for the running game noone has stopped bertrand yet so friday night we shall see. I can see both teams putting up lots of points the winner of this game is the one with the least turnovers at the end of the game. hey soulja what did you think of my play calling  lol pretty impressive huh especially in ot and double ot lol you got to admit im very good !!!!!!

[quote name="slsblab" post="879245" timestamp="1287370588"]
I recall a Sonnier catch that he fumbled out of bounds after securing the ball and running 3 steps and it was called incomplete. Replay on ya'lls video board showed it and the crowd for LCM went crazy.  ;D But in the 70's and 80's it was called Mid- County magic LCM and WOS both have to many stories to tell  them all here! :D
[/quote]

And all visiting teams get a fair shake at WOS too.

[/quote]

[/quote]

This district is all about (and I guess every other one too) match ups...and I expect this to be a close game.  Doty is a strong armed quarterback who when in trouble gives ground and stays cool enough to throw the ball away instead of taking the sack.  LCM's secondary has got to stay in good coverage while Doty is on the move.  The Bear secondary didn't get as much credit as they deserved in the Lumberton game because I thought that many of the sacks that game where due to good coverage downfield.  We will need another great performance from the Bear D to beat PNG.

Sorry about the underdog thing...I just can't ever recall anyone in purple sincerely make that statement.   ;)

Guest slsblab
Hey Versey I'm not from WOS and they are not in our district so I don't care. But by saying WOS does it too means you agree about it happening in Mid- County. ;)

[quote name="biaplayer" post="879285" timestamp="1287372924"]
well i can say this much the officials were bad last night but not as bad as the announcer lol he was just plain garbage lol, but truthfully they did blow a bunch of calls lol especially the one where we finally made a stop and then got hit with a yellow flag for fifteen yards and a first down go figured, ozens qb went down trying to reverse his field then got up and got tattooed just like he should of. a key catch was called a no catch when it was very evident nelson s feet both of which were firmly planted and the blind official called it out of bounds go figure, as for predicitions well we all no our defense really isnt worth talking about so we will leave it at that. I will say it will be a high scoring game for both sides but lcm will be tested from the get go. Stopping bertrand isnt no easy task  and the wideouts can make anyone look silly on anygiven play.  Im glad lcm is cocky and getting the bighead may come back to haunt them, but for the running game noone has stopped bertrand yet so friday night we shall see. I can see both teams putting up lots of points the winner of this game is the one with the least turnovers at the end of the game. hey soulja what did you think of my play calling  lol pretty impressive huh especially in ot and double ot lol you got to admit im very good !!!!!!
[/quote]Yea, Coach Biaplayer...  Makes me want to step my game up seeing that you apparently know your team better than I know my own... 8)

Last one to score wins.

That hasn't boded well for PNG so far this year! 1-4 in those types of games. Maybe finally winning one of those Saturday will break the ice. Who knows, If you like offense come out to the Reservation Friday night, there should be a lot of it!!! ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Officiating...... hmmmm.  LAST YEAR: The officiating at The Res WAS horrible.... BOTH WAYS.  When PNG fans booed the officials after the instant replay showed a PNG player pull the LCM receiver down by his collar BEFORE the ball got to him and there was no flag? It WAS bad.

At the Butch.... LCM vs OZEN. The refs were from Galveston and they were the worst I have EVER seen.  Gonzales fumbled the ball after he went out of bounds, the Ozen player picks it up PAST the sideline stripe (about 2ft wide stripe) and they give the ball to OZEN?

Then at LCM vs Central.... SAME REFS!  They need seeing eye dogs.  They wander around the field LOST!

I'm starting to think the GT refs arent so bad!

LCM by 12