Lamar vs. South Alabama Predictions................

Lazeek

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="JJWooten" post="875326" timestamp="1287158736"]
I said it on Katfans, and I'll say it here. I think Lamar gets routed again, 42-13.
[/quote]

You think S Alabama is better than Sam Houston?  I'm thinking this game stays within 10 points either way.  I think that Langston is much better than the teams that South has been playing and Nicholls is not to strong themselves and will be beat by SELA pretty convincingly.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="875346" timestamp="1287160798"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74465.msg875326#msg875326 date=1287158736]
I said it on Katfans, and I'll say it here. I think Lamar gets routed again, 42-13.
[/quote]

You think S Alabama is better than Sam Houston?
[/quote]

We run a very traditional, ball control offense, which doesn't give us a lot of opportunities to score, but it limits the time opponents have to score. USA is completely different, they're a quick paced offense that wants to put up points on the board as fast as possible.

Just because they score more points on you doesn't make them a better team then us, it's just different playing styles. I based my answers on watching the snipit of the Langston game and reading about what they do to NAIA teams. No hard feelings, I hope I'm wrong, I always support SLC teams against others, but I think they're a better team.

I'm going to give Lamar the WIN!  Mostly because I'm a Homer. But also Nicholls was able to get to USA with the big play.  Caston for Nicholls threw for over 300 yards against USA.  His second highest this season was 124 yards against Western Michigan.  Nicholls has scoring pass plays of 95 and 47 yards. If there is one thing we know Lamar can do it throw it DEEP.

21 to 17 LU

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="875363" timestamp="1287162484"]
I'm going to give Lamar the WIN!  Mostly because I'm a Homer. But also Nicholls was able to get to USA with the big play.  Caston for Nicholls threw for over 300 yards against USA.  His second highest this season was 124 yards against Western Michigan.  Nicholls has scoring pass plays of 95 and 47 yards. If there is one thing we know Lamar can do it throw it DEEP.

21 to 17 LU
[/quote]

they run, we throw....their #1 rb is done...they havent played anyone that can throw

LU 28-24

[quote name="puddin tane" post="875528" timestamp="1287178616"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74465.msg875379#msg875379 date=1287164301]
Heart with Lamar, brain with South Alabama; 34-21 due to their fast pace and we didn't play well under those conditions versus SFA.
[/quote]

fast paced?  they've only passed the ball 95 times so far this season
[/quote]

Fast paced as in they make a lot of big plays with few possessions. They average about 57 plays per game, or about 6 TDs per game. That's 1 td every 10 plays. Lamar definitely doesn't have that kind of ability, few teams do.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="875558" timestamp="1287181182"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg875528#msg875528 date=1287178616]
Heart with Lamar, brain with South Alabama; 34-21 due to their fast pace and we didn't play well under those conditions versus SFA.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fast paced as in they make a lot of big plays with few possessions. They average about 57 plays per game, or about 6 TDs per game. That's 1 td every 10 plays. Lamar definitely doesn't have that kind of ability, few teams do.
[/quote]
against a really weak schedule to date..comeone..pikesville, edward waters?...we might be only the second skool they've played with scholarship kids....JJ why dont ya slither on back to beerkat kountry

[quote name="puddin tane" post="876091" timestamp="1287195328"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74465.msg875558#msg875558 date=1287181182]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg875528#msg875528 date=1287178616]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
against a really weak schedule to date..comeone..pikesville, edward waters?...we might be only the second skool they've played with scholarship kids....JJ why dont ya slither on back to beerkat kountry
[/quote]

I've actually made it a goal to be constructive in my posts. I don't attack, I just bring up areas for debate. I haven't trashed Lamar on this site once (I have on Katfans) because I have respect for your board. Trust me, if I'm wrong about the score, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't hide behind an avatar. With that said, SFA had played weaker competition (Albany) before playing you guys as well, and even after they beat a top ranked Northern Iowa team, fans were predicting upset wins on the road by 3-7 points. I'm trying to be a realist, not an asshole, so try to appreciate at least that much.

South Alabama by 20+. The reason being they're a run heavy offense, they will wear down an already weak run stopping defense that LU has shown week in and week out. I was at the Sam Houston game where on every obvious running situation LU acted as if they'd never seen a running play in their lives. S. Alabama "runs" away with this one big! Plus, Bevil is LU's QB!!

[quote name="puddin tane" post="876968" timestamp="1287243297"]
Raiders--
now that there is a football fan...probably 30-40 yrs old, wearing his letter jacket out to motiva...has a Lumpton Raider  on his hardhat... ::)

[color=red]GO BIG RED[/color]
[/quote]

Thats funny.........But I must admit I am sooooooo close to being that guy!!!!

I am not going to the game and it is killing me!

I'm not sure I even want to venture a guess on this one.  South Alabama seems to be capable of running the ball, which scares me to death, yet their schedule is *so* weak that I don't think you can read much into it.  USA did beat Nicholls in their only game against a D-I school, but Nicholls is *not* a good team.

Their collective opponents are 6-21, with their six opponents victories coming over 3 DIII schools, 2 NAIA school, and one DII school.  That set of "victories" makes their record, and frankly, their statistics, almost irrelevant.  That said, it doesn't mean that USA isn't good, just that their opponents are absolutely godawful.

Yes, they did clobber their NAIA opponents, we have not.  So that concerns me.  Yet their NAIA opponents have poor records, whereas both Webber and Langston were ranked in the latest NAIA poll (and are 7-4 between them, with 2 of the 4 being LU of course).

I'm going to be a pessimist and predict a 7-point loss, 27-20.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 20-point game--either way.  

[quote name="bigred360" post="875553" timestamp="1287180949"]
puddin tane, I was just going by what I read. Obviously, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.  ;D
[/quote]

you may be right..just looking at their stats...but its hard to open it up when you are beating a prep school 65-0 at half....they may chunk it some...after the Cardinal d shuts em down!...hey, i can hope.........

[quote name="puddin tane" post="875528" timestamp="1287178616"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

With these early 'fast paced' comments I was picturing an SFA style offense.  However, since we really can't stop the run or the pass I will have to go with South Alabama:  34-24.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics