good stuff feel free to add

MoFo

[quote name="AnonymousZebra" post="873504" timestamp="1286933719"]
Good idea DC9 ! I just donated my money back to league because I just withdrew from my Saturday games and the rest of the season.  So far I am the 5th official (all senior officials 5+ years experience) to withdrawl from STJFL since the postings started Saturday.  The way it is looking you (the parents/coaches) will be donating your time officiating your kids the rest of the season.  This is including playoffs and superbowl.  Now I can spend time with my family and enjoy the rest of the football season.  I know of many more that will be following suit.  GOOD LUCK REST OF SEASON.  Let me know if you need an officiating book, I have an extra one (400 plus pages)

[/quote]
I wish yall would give the league a chance to resolve the issues. There is a small fraction that get on msg board and get things out of hand. There are over 1700 kids playng or cheering in the league, times that by 4 - 6800+ parents/grandparents. So if you look at the big picture, about 1% is running yall off. 

Hope yall reconsider.

I don't know where the message board stuff started and I don't understand it. I coach and have had games with great refs and with horrible refs. Just like I have had good days and bad days. The place to discuss your problems with the refs is with your association/board, etc. I do not think that any coach/parent would want their business discussed in a public forum with only one side put out there. When there is a problem with a ref it should be addressed appropriately and the exact is also true. If there is an issue with a coach, team, league it too should be done the same way. I know that I give up so much of my time for these kids. I am not in it for the glory and I do not feel that most of us involved are either. I expect that the refs that are truly there for the kids will be there this Saturday. The ones that aren't well then I guess we know how they stand. I truly hope that the ones on here venting are only just venting and sometimes that helps, but lets stop the arguing and remember that it is for the kids. We can discuss issues as  adults in the proper place and at the proper time.

[quote name="AnonymousZebra" post="873504" timestamp="1286933719"]
Good idea DC9 ! I just donated my money back to league because I just withdrew from my Saturday games and the rest of the season.  So far I am the 5th official (all senior officials 5+ years experience) to withdrawl from STJFL since the postings started Saturday.  The way it is looking you (the parents/coaches) will be donating your time officiating your kids the rest of the season.  This is including playoffs and superbowl.  Now I can spend time with my family and enjoy the rest of the football season.  I know of many more that will be following suit.  GOOD LUCK REST OF SEASON.  Let me know if you need an officiating book, I have an extra one (400 plus pages)

[/quote]
I read this with a chuckle.  While I do not discard your sentiment, your anger or frustration, I have to disagree with your idea to quit.  I have a job (police work) where everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING is scrutinized under a microsope.  Everyone can do my job better, if you put full stock in the postings that are placed on anonymous blogs.  However, I do not have the luxury of taking my stripes and running home to the safety of my family.  There are loudmouths out there, and they are not fun to deal with.  As a coach off-duty, I tell the kids they have to block out what goes on in the stands.  Their focus needs to be on the field, and not on their parents, the other team, or any other distractions that are out there.  If your association wants to quit, I don't think there is anyone that can stop you.  Just know there are those of us out there that appreciate your time.  There are those that appreciate the job you do, and the scarficies you make.  Quitting is not the answer.  Dismiss the ranting and stark lunacy of those parents and realize what you do is a needed service.

Thanks jg69 and Chester86, all I am doing is getting caught up in ths message board that I did not know even existed until 2 weeks ago.  I use setexsports.com on to look at predicitions, rankings, and scores for the high school level.  Just so happens someone told me about power rankings and predicitions for youth football, and I just not could believe it. But it is true. I really feel sorry for the kids and youth sports now days.  It is all about the parents and coaches, for their fame and glory.  Like someone stated earlier, when kids play a sand lot game, it is just a game for fun.  I wish youth sports could go back to what it used to be and I promise you I am not that old.

Back to my thanks to jg69 and Chester69, I am not going to turn my back on these kids.  I teach my daughter, son, and ballplayers not to quit, so therefore I would not be setting a good example by quitting.  I will continue to coach and ref youth sports to hopefully make a change before all these sports get out of hand.  This goes on in all sports not just football. 

This will be my last posting and viewing in this [b]YOUTH[/b] football message board.  I just felt I had to stand up for my fellow officials and ended up getting caught up in all of this crap.  STJFL has an awsome league and I am proud to be an Official and a Coach in this league.  Good Luck to all the players and coaches the rest of the season.  And I assure the teams that make the playoffs and superbowl you will have officials that will be giving 110% and call the games to the best of their ability.

How unfortunate.  :(

Thank God that I don't just up and quit my job when people start pointing fingers at me. (And trust me, if I told you what kind of work I do, you'd feel as bad for me as I do for y'all.) I'm sure my kids appreciate the food, house and clothes they have because I know how to ignore the bad times and focus on the good. Maybe you don't do it for the money, but everything has a payoff, right?

It's also sad that, this past weekend, one of the problems in a STJFL game did come from an official. But, because so many worthless parents blame the reps, the one time it actually is their fault, no one believes it. And all of the officials who weren't there and didn't see it would rather drop these kids out of - what? unity? respect? a strike of some sort? - than find out if there's any truth to the claims.

I umpire baseball, I have done college to little league, I must admit the little league parents are the worst. I have as several other on here have taken a sabatical from time to time. Sometimes you just get to that point you can not handle it anymore and you know you are going to go to that place you should not go.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder